Goodbye Roscoe P. Coltrane.

John Schneider said in an interview that Jimmy helped him and the other young actors immensley by coaching them and sharing his deep knowledge of the TV acting business with them. He had a real passion for the craft and ran an acting school in Hollywood for 25 years, then he taught drama at various universities after semi-retiring from acting.

• Like 2
Like most my fondest memories of him are chasing the dukes with flash at shotgun and taking care of his little fat buddy !

But once old tv went mainstream I was blown away how many places you would see a young Best pop up.

Rifleman,Rawhide,Twilight Zone,Andy Griffith twice I think. He played an a$$hole roughneck cowboy real well and sold me as the bad guy.

Didn't occur to me until right this second but wasn't he the only Hazzard lawman that wore a cowboy hat as his uniform ? Ennis and Cletus wore the ufo stiff brim hat didn't they ? Ah, only fitting for roscoe

RIP.

BTW, allot of talk is centered around the Dukes of Hazard. 

Don't forget the movie that started it. 

Moonrunners DVD- Movie That Inspired The Dukes Of Hazzard Tv Series

copy from an ebay listing.

Moonrunners is a 1975 film starring James Mitchum and Kiel Martin, which would be reworked several years later into the popular long-running television series The Dukes of Hazzard. The plot of the movie focused upon moonshine-running bootleggers eluding federal agents with fast cars. The story is narrated by the Balladeer (Waylon Jennings), who introduces and comments on the story of cousins, Grady and Bobby Lee Hagg, who run bootleg liquor for their Uncle Jesse of Shiloh County. Ben "Cooter" Jones himself even plays in this movie as 1 of the FBI agents, This movie is a must have for any Dukes Of Hazzard Fan to add to their Collection. This is indeed the Original Movie that started it all for The Dukes Of Hazzard 4 years earlier before the TV Series debuted in 1979

RIP ol feller, really enjoyed your entertainment and will continue to do my terrible impersonation of you till I die "Guu Guu Guu I love it! I love it! Come on Flash, let's get them Duke boys!"

Those little noises he made when he gets excited crack me up to this day "HOT PURSUIT!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPCOR1c5rzM

Bloopers (language warning) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFt7HS_S1M

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1