Star Wars

I would tell you that Chewbacca is dead now but I've just been informed all written texts no longer matter.

Which I find to be BS!

Chewie died saving Anakin Solo.

So no more moon falling on him? That is probably the only plus.
  • Moderators

The OP is trolling us. He has to be...

Jar Jar was an abomination.

The dynamic between Han and Chewie was superb. R2D2 was an is still the funniest of the whole bunch. Han and Leia were hilarious together "Scruffy looking nerf herder!" Need I say anything beyond 'Let the Wookie win,' to prove the vast superiority of the original trilogy for comedy?

If you can't grasp the tatamount importance of Han shooting first, I am not sure anything we say can impress upon you that Han WAS NOT a good guy. He was in it for the money, then the girl. Only at the end did he become a good guy.

The CGI was acceptable to me. It allowed a greater depth of realism to the characters, though puppetry has never bothered me and I consider Labyrinth to be an American Classic.

Now, and this might get me some flaming from others, I will agree that III was a good film. In fact, I will go as far to say that III was my favorite of the entire series. It is my opinion that the story was always about Darth Vader. Han may have been the hero (not Luke, Han) but Vader was always the main character. The completeness that was granted to his character in III from his fall, his defeat and then his rebirth, that to me was what I always wanted in watching the story.

Ha. Not quite. Not trolling. Just a difference of opinion. Sure, perhaps one of the big changes that they should not have made was Solo shooting second/same time. I get that Solo is supposed to appear neutral, selfish, etc. we see that when he at first leaves instead of joining forces towards the Deathstar.

If I had a choice, yes I would watch the unaltered originals. I guess Jar Jar just isn't too much for me not to ignore. Sure he gets stupid silly, but it is what it is.

Again, not trolling. Just saying that I love the entire series and given the choice of watching the edits vs not watching them at all, I will always choose the edits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope they bring some more space battles. And now I dont have to worry about trying to fight the coral people. Yuuzhan Vong. Honestly, who the FUCK came up with them.  Hard to kill, lovers of pain, living ships. Complete dicks, only thing close would be intergalactic space nazis.  But it did have a kick ass space battle over coruscant by using a red super star destroyer as a giant battering ram.  Oh, and the separatist droid army had so much wasted potential. 

• Like 1

Oh, and the separatist droid army had so much wasted potential.

Amen! Why build those stupid battle droids and SBD's? If Droidekas are so hard to defeat, why not make more of them?
Why not build an entire army of IG-88's or IG-100 maganaguards? Why build the stupid droids that only get wiped out en mass with the greatest of ease? Materials wasted on a million useless B1 droids could make half a million high quality droids.

Lunacy!!
I was 6 years old in 1977 and it was the greatest thing out. I might have to look into the books now that I am older and have more time to read. My wife hates III so I rarely get to watch it. I am glad I am not alone seeing that it is one of the greats. Most of the younger generation that grew up with CGI don't understand that it was the first of its kind and there was nothing like it before.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love Star Wars, I am a big Star Wars geek, I have watched all the movies more times than I care to share.  Anyway heard they released new trailers today.  Here are two, they are both different, I like the 2nd one best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrefxF0Xxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK1xh0CeeDc

Let's see if old J.J. can keep the lens flares to a minimum.

The first time I got to see ROTJ was in Manila. We were stationed at Kadena on Okinawa and had gone over to the P.I. on vacation. It wasn't overdubbed, but it was subtitled in Filipino. I remember thinking it was funny seeing double subtitles whenever Jabba or Bib Fortuna spoke.

Edited by monkeylizard
Subtitles can make or break a movie. Sometimes they help...sometimes not. I remember the first time I saw Das Boat.

It was the orginal, in German, with English subtitles. I actually find them distracting.

The movie was so intense I really didn't need them to follow it.

Subtitles can make or break a movie. Sometimes they help...sometimes not. I remember the first time I saw Das Boat Boot.

It was the orginal, in German, with English subtitles. I actually find them distracting.

The movie was so intense I really didn't need them to follow it.

Indeed, fantastic movie.  Given the option, I'd much rather have subtitles than over-dubbed.  Crouching Tiger is one that immediately comes to mind as being horrible when over-dubbed. 

• Like 1

A group of film junkies put together the despecialzed versions of the original trilogy. They don't sell it... Free for anyone who has purchased the films in any other format. Read the part about how they got all the original pieces together and in HD.

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/topic/12713/

That is awesome. I need a blu ray burner now.

That is awesome. I need a blu ray burner now.

Do you happen to have an Xbox 360 or One? You can stream media to the console from your PC using the 'PlayTo' feature. You'd probably have to convert the mkv file to Avi or Mp4 for it to work. If you search goggle you'll likely find a free converter or at least one that is less expensive than a bluray burner.