Foxes... live or die?

I wish they lived here. I'd love to have them around. I'd even trap all the local stray cats and give them easy meals.
The fox may be the most beautiful animal we have in TN.

I'd agree with you on that.  But about anything looks better than a possum.

THE POSSUM EXCEPTED.

The older I've gotten the more I am inclined to let things live than to kill them.  Admittedly when I was younger I was quite blood thirsty.  As long as they aren't causing a problem I'd let them live and enjoy watching them.  A coyote on the other hand is noting but a target in my eyes 

• Like 12

The older I've gotten the more I am inclined to let things live than to kill them.  Admittedly when I was younger I was quite blood thirsty.  As long as they aren't causing a problem I'd let them live and enjoy watching them.  A coyote on the other hand is noting but a target in my eyes

Speaking of coyotes, everyone I know ow that's turkey hunted this year has killed at least one yote. I'm not a turkey hunter but might go out in hopes of a coyote kill...which will probably end with me only seeing turkey lmao

Foxes are fantastic vermin disposers, in addition to just being really pretty animals. 

A big ass rat has taken up residence in one of my flower beds.  I wish a fox, owl, hawk, etc. would dispose of it for me. 

Just get an Eagle to do it for you, a Desert one.  Ok, Ok, I guess a Crossman or Daisy will have to do.

Just get an Eagle to do it for you, a Desert one.  Ok, Ok, I guess a Crossman or Daisy will have to do.

The only Daisy I currently have doesn't have enough oomph.  I may use it as an excuse to upgrade, or I could just use the .22.  If it meets its end at my hand by methods other than poison, it will end up consumed by a hawk or owl anyway...

i-34Dh2tp-M.jpg

The only Daisy I currently have doesn't have enough oomph.  I may use it as an excuse to upgrade, or I could just use the .22.  If it meets its end at my hand by methods other than poison, it will end up consumed by a hawk or owl anyway...

i-34Dh2tp-M.jpg

That's one nice looking bird, it trained in falconry?

I would let the three pups live SH. As they get older they will probably move on anyway. I have a Grey or Silver fox that has taken up residence in the really honey suckle covered fence row behind my house right here in Gallatin and ever so often he comes out in my back yard just about dusk and I get to see him for a couple minutes. he has been around about 2 years or so. We use to have a few stray cats in the neighborhood but they have all gone away so guess the Fox has been eating well. They are beautiful little creatures. Now as for Yotes. I  would kill every one I see. They are another story completely.................jmho

Leave the fox alone please. They're pretty scarce these days. Probably due to pressure from the relatively recent migration of coyotes to this region. Until recently, I hadn't seen a fox for more than 20 years.

If you're feeling the need to take something out, there are plenty of non-native invasive species to practice on. Coyotes, feral pigs, northerners, stink bugs, floridians, yellow jackets, etc.
  • Like 9

I had a fox in the backyard last fall.  Funny thing was, he didn't spook and run when I came up to him.  I called animal control and they confirmed he was rabid.  Use caution if they behave abnormally.

[url=http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/Mantema/media/IMG_3247_zps1fc64fa0.jpg.html]IMG_3247_zps1fc64fa0.jpg[/URL]

Edited by gun sane