Nashville Area Carjackings

What the H"ll is going on? Four in Donaldson within a couple hours,Four over Memorial Weekend,Neighbor Hood Stores And

Gas Stations robbed every night of the week. In thirty years of Metro Nashville I have seen a lot of bad,but every day and night.

Most of these happened in not bad parts of town. Nashville Area is out of control. More Undercover Police Operations?,I don't

have the answer.

Thank You ,I will try. Do all the criminals think just because Boston Police and others have their hands tied and are on a self imposed slow down,that Metro

and Middle TN are doing the same? Hope the Summer gets better and not worse.

What ever made anyone think that crime was going to go totally out of control in just in a few big cities? Once the badguys nationwide get the idea that the cops are compromised nationwide, there'll be hell to pay, and they should sure know it by now.

• Like 3

What ever made anyone think that crime was going to go totally out of control in just in a few big cities? Once the badguys nationwide get the idea that the cops are compromised nationwide, there'll be hell to pay, and they should sure know it by now.

For me, the standard line of thought is that cops are okay at reacting to events, but everything leading up to and during the event is on the individual.  Things like the store robberies are why we carry.  Mine own self-defense is my responsibility, not a police officers.

• Like 6

Just wait til one of the carjackers gets capped trying to jack the wrong person. We'll get to hear how little Freddie Trayvon Brown was always a good boy and there was no way he'd ever try to rob anyone. Maybe Uncle Al will even show up to help calm things.

• Like 5

For me, the standard line of thought is that cops are okay at reacting to events, but everything leading up to and during the event is on the individual.  Things like the store robberies are why we carry.  Mine own self-defense is my responsibility, not a police officers.

This. We can only hope we are just lucky enough to be somewhere either to deter something or catch someone in the act. There way more robberies happening in Davidson County and surrounding areas that people don't know about or doesn't make the news. 

• Like 1
Reminds me of something Randy included in his dissertation, PESTS EAT FAST.

Criminals gravitate to the nicer sections of town, you all got better stuff to steal than their home neighborhood.

I'll bet the car jacking targets we nice rides and the driver was distracted - fiddling around with the radio or personal device while the light was red...Please PAY ATTENTION to the world around you... Edited by Gotthegoods
  • Like 3

More Undercover Police Operations?,I don't have the answer.

Close the revolving door at the courthouse. One of those doors needs to lead to prison. You point a gun at someone during a robbery and you should get a bunch of years; first time. And if you shoot someone you never get out.

Untie the cop’s hands. Tell them to take down the gangs and stand back and watch.

Less “Special Units” and more uniformed cops on the street. Uniformed cops in marked squads are a proven deterrent.

When you see a crime or a suspicious person; make the call. In populated areas cops get sent from one BS call to the next. Most of the time they don’t have the time to be proactive; they are reactive. They depend of the community to be their eyes and ears. I’ve seen a lot of bad people take a fall because a citizen witness was feeding information to a dispatcher while the Officers were responding.

But most importantly...jobs. Jobs and the economy should be the first questions you should ask anyone that is running for office. And then look in the mirror and ask the same. Jobs won’t stop crime; but they will put a bigger dent in it than anything I can think of.

As our economy worsens more Police and Fire will be needed; and they will be added. If you are a property owner you will foot the bill with increased property taxes. There will be new or higher taxes for the rest of you.

We The People did this and We The People will have to get us out of it. Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 11

Close the revolving door at the courthouse. One of those doors needs to lead to prison. You point a gun at someone during a robbery and you should get a bunch of years; first time. And if you shoot someone you never get out.Untie the cop’s hands. Tell them to take down the gangs and stand back and watch.Less “Special Units” and more uniformed cops on the street. Uniformed cops in marked squads are a proven deterrent.When you see a crime or a suspicious person; make the call. In populated areas cops get sent from one BS call to the next. Most of the time they don’t have the time to be proactive; they are reactive. They depend of the community to be their eyes and ears. I’ve seen a lot of bad people take a fall because a citizen witness was feeding information to a dispatcher while the Officers were responding.But most importantly...jobs. Jobs and the economy should be the first questions you should ask anyone that is running for office. And then look in the mirror and ask the same. Jobs won’t stop crime; but they will put a bigger dent in it than anything I can think of.As our economy worsens more Police and Fire will be needed; and they will be added. If you are a property owner you will foot the bill with increased property taxes. There will be new or higher taxes for the rest of you.We The People did this and We The People will have to get us out of it.

Very good points.

No politician ever created a job and if he played a part in bringing a big employer to town it was through tax breaks and the tax base subsidizing it. Those big businesses/employers aren't hiring carjackers or gas station robbers anyway, cause they ain't looking for work.

Politicians can create jobs by working with businesses to give them incentive. We can create jobs and a better economy by supporting companies that manufacture products in this country.

No, carjackers and gas station robbers aren’t looking for work. But if kids are raised in a family that works and has a better life; they may have some work ethic instilled in them and not become criminals.

Nothing wrong with giving big employers all the tax breaks and incentives it takes to get them into your area.
  • Like 1

What the H"ll is going on? Four in Donaldson within a couple hours,Four over Memorial Weekend,Neighbor Hood Stores And

Gas Stations robbed every night of the week. In thirty years of Metro Nashville I have seen a lot of bad,but every day and night.

Most of these happened in not bad parts of town. Nashville Area is out of control. More Undercover Police Operations?,I don't

have the answer.

Yes you do. More people carrying and dealing appropriately with these situations. ;)

http://116tuttleave.powweb.com/resources/tnselfdefense.pdf

This presumption would also apply when the
force is exerted within an occupied vehicle if:
1. The force is used against a person who
unlawfully and forcibly enters the vehicle;
2. The person using defensive force knew or had
a reason to believe that an unlawful and
forcible entry occurred; and
3. Possession of the instrument used, if any, by
the person to inflict defensive force did not
violate any state or federal law.

I would say that in Tennessee, shooting a carjacker in the act of forcing their way into your vehicle is justified. That's my plan.

• Like 1
Is this why Hermitage had the police helicopter trolling for like 30 minutes tonight over Old Hickory Blvd and Lebanon Pike?

Fwiw....

The drunks were out in FULL FORCE tonight. I went to get a lotto ticket and wished I'd stayed home.

At the Speedway gas station, I pull in the only spot left where the moron parked on the line to my right. The drunk on the Harley (probably just left the biker bar "Roadside bar and Grill") gets on his Harley and starts bitching to me "man why the hell did you park so close to me? I kindly pointed out the clown who parked on the line to my right, and that he parked his big-ass Harley to the right side of a full size parking lot, yup, you guessed it, on the friggin' line. Took him 3 tries to get his bike backed out. I had to wait for him to back out just to get out of the car. Friggin' idiot!

So sick of the stupid people around here. I'm ready to move to a better place.

So sick of the stupid people around here. I'm ready to move to a better place.

Sorry, there isn't any better place, all you can do is move to a place where there are less people. In any place in most of the world there's a certain % of a-holes.

• Like 1

Sorry, there isn't any better place, all you can do is move to a place where there are less people. In any place in most of the world there's a certain % of a-holes.

This is 1,000,000% true. We left Nashville in the dust and moved to the country. Anytime I have to go to town for anything I dread it. For some reason there seems to be people in Cookeville who have the mentality that they're in Beverly Hills and better than everyone. It's amazing to me. There's also just a lot of dumb idiots too. You can never escape them, no matter how hard you try!
[quote name="JohnC" post="1275230" timestamp="1433577113".........So sick of the stupid people around here. I'm ready to move to a better place.

You might like Memphis! Edited by tnhawk
  • Like 2

[quote name="JohnC" post="1275230" timestamp="1433577113".........So sick of the stupid people around here. I'm ready to move to a better place.

You might like Memphis!

I would rather live in Iraq.

• Like 3

I heard it is lovely there, this time of year!

It truly is nice here this time of year. With the exception of the time that I spent in the army, I've lived in Memphis. I stay away from bad areas, drugs and drug dealers. Life's been good. Seems that the folks in Middle and Eastern Tennessee have it pretty bad these days. Every time I visit the site, someone's having a problem. I rarely read about the Memphis members having issues. It may be time to talk with your realtor, Memphis IS nice this time of year. :)
  • Like 2

It truly is nice here this time of year. With the exception of the time that I spent in the army, I've lived in Memphis. I stay away from bad areas, drugs and drug dealers. Life's been good. Seems that the folks in Middle and Eastern Tennessee have it pretty bad these days. Every time I visit the site, someone's having a problem. I rarely read about the Memphis members having issues. It may be time to talk with your realtor, Memphis IS nice this time of year. :)

Too flat for one, I like hills. Too old for mountains.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I'd really rather folks keep their problems in middle and eastern TN. You know how it goes, folks move to a nice area and bring their problems from their old homes with them. For whatever reason they just can't seem to leave their issues behind them.
  • Like 2

I'd really rather folks keep their problems in middle and eastern TN. You know how it goes, folks move to a nice area and bring their problems from their old homes with them. For whatever reason they just can't seem to leave their issues behind them.

You have just won the Internet for today...