Anyone else travel by air frequently?

I'm on my fourth flight of the month, but with all this travel advisory stuff it's got me feeling uneasy on top of the usual uneasiness of flying.

I dunno, maybe I'm being silly but I have to travel to Denver for work tomorrow and I'm not excited about it.

It's a CYA thing, mixed in with the .gov never missing a chance to promote paranoia they have an exclusive market on "solving." 

You have far more to worry about from that assclown in front of you who insists on reclining their seat to get that awesome 2" lean for the entire flight than you do from terrorists.

• Like 1
I travel a lot. To be honest, I can't really complain too much. I have elite status and have global entry, so I always am TSA pre-check which means I don't wait in many lines. With that said, I still get annoyed by people who can't comprehend simple instructions.

As for worrying about something happening on a flight, I don't. The simply isn't worth the energy. I do watch who gets on the flight though.
  • Like 2
Flying internationally tomorrow. Will be in the Atlanta airport for a connection on one of the busiest flying days of the year (this Wednesday). I don't pay much mind to these non-specific warnings. I'm always on watch regardless, and the law of averages is on my side. I've learned to be vigilant, but also accept that there are things I can't prevent or avoid; I'm not adjusting my lifestyle out of fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 in a month? Last week I had 4 in one day... Today on the way to the airport my destination twice and I ended up in Daytona Beach instead of LaCrosse. At least that one ended well for me. Tomorrow I'm off to Portsmouth VA.

Today was a new one. They swabbed my hands before I got to the regular TSA checkpoints...

Love to fly, hate flying commercial...

Still may end up in Lacrosse before turkey day...

And this time I didn't get to check a pistol as I didn't have time to check a bag. I don't even get asked why I buy hand tools in every city I visit anymore...

I flew home last week and am home until the first of the year.  I loved flying right out of college... 2 or 3 flights a week - was always asleep before we took off.

Fast forward, have a couple of kids, and now it is a (technically very low) risk that I would rather not take.  .... but it comes with the job.

Be well as you guys travel!

-swivel-

• Like 1

I fly all over the place...San Francisco, Seattle, Texas, South Florida, and Chicago every once in a while. I'm never really 100% comfortable on a plane but I'm one of those people who's always watching whats going on too which doesn't help. Not paranoid by any means but extremely situationally aware lol 

Just got off a plane and am awaiting a connection, so I've had enough Jack Daniels to start ranting. I always sit in an aisle seat, so at least I have quick access to choke the life out of any person who decides today is the day for jihad and virgins. But crap guys. What the hell is the deal with people trying to barrel into the aisle as soon as the plane is stopped? We aren't going anywhere until the door opens, and even then, we have to wait for a bunch of people to deplane before the line starts moving. So there I am, sitting in my aisle seat whilst the occupants of the middle and window are acting like there is a place for me to go to in this aisle. It's simple effing math folks. If each row has six seats, and at each row there is only room for two people to occupy the aisle space, how are we to fit all 6 occupants into that space? This happens. Every. Expletiving. Flight. Am I the only one capable of figuring this out?? Life would be easier if I was a effing stupid as everyone else. Then I wouldn't know any better. Instead I have to get into these confrontations in very close quarters with idiots, and I tend to lose my cool, because it doesn't take a 180 IQ to figure this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by TMF
  • Like 8

Just got off a plane and am awaiting a connection, so I've had enough Jack Daniels to start ranting. I always sit in an aisle seat, so at least I have quick access to choke the life out of any person who decides today is the day for jihad and virgins. But crap guys. What the hell is the deal with people trying to barrel into the aisle as soon as the plane is stopped? We aren't going anywhere until the door opens, and even then, we have to wait for a bunch of people to deplane before the line starts moving. So there I am, sitting in my aisle seat whilst the occupants of the middle and window are acting like there is a place for me to go to in this aisle. It's simple effing math folks. If each row has six seats, and at each row there is only room for two people to occupy the aisle space, how are we to fit all 6 occupants into that space? This happens. Every. Expletiving. Flight. Am I the only one capable of figuring this out?? Life would be easier if I was a effing stupid as everyone else. Then I wouldn't know any better. Instead I have to get into these confrontations in very close quarters with idiots, and I tend to lose my cool, because it doesn't take a 180 IQ to figure this out.

Everybody is in a hurry to go no where...I had a guy ask me on a plane in Vegas if I was and I quote "are you going to get up or what?" my official response...

"If I were to stand up, which I'm not...where the hell would I go once I stand up?"

• Like 4

Everybody is in a hurry to go no where...I had a guy ask me on a plane in Vegas if I was and I quote "are you going to get up or what?" my official response...

"If I were to stand up, which I'm not...where the hell would I go once I stand up?"

Both of you hit that on the head. Nothing worse than a long flight and everyone wants to jostle you for positioning - I guess they do not know how lines work.

It is when a plane is most vulnerable too, everyone is so ancie to GTFO that they lose their minds.

Ive had to fight the urge multiple times to lay hands on someone in a violent manner because of this.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

TMF, I can relate.  I am usually in business so not as bad, but even then, the guy who got on last that had to put his luggage 5 rows behind him and then expects everyone to move out of his way so he can go get his bag and be first off annoys the crap out of me.

Same goes for the luggage carousel.  If people could simply stand 10 ft back and only go get their bag when it gets to them, we wouldn't have people lookinglike storks trying to crane their neck out to catch a peek for that ever elusive black bag that they can't seem to figure out if it is theirs or not.  

And if we want biggest pet peeves, it's the family of 10 clueless, once a year flyers. whom think a 10 year old is a child for preboarding.

• Like 3

Ive had to fight the urge multiple times to lay hands on someone in a violent manner because of this.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This would be the reason flying is hard for me sometimes. I've put hands on people. Just over a year ago I snatched some Indian guy up by his shirt who cut in line at a baggage counter. I've have a couple other incidents. I have no self control when it comes to people who lack consideration. I'm working on it. Every day is a struggle.

• Like 3

This would be the reason flying is hard for me sometimes. I've put hands on people. Just over a year ago I snatched some Indian guy up by his shirt who cut in line at a baggage counter. I've have a couple other incidents. I have no self control when it comes to people who lack consideration. I'm working on it. Every day is a struggle.

hahahaha and I thought I was bad  :rofl:

hahahaha and I thought I was bad :rofl:

I have some impulsive rage issues. My wife has been working on me for years, and the results are very good compared to what they were a while back. Carrying a firearm has helped, since I don't act on these impulses when I know I'm armed. Problem is when I'm not armed I do things to ahole type people.

Love to fly, hate flying commercial...

This. Once I'm on the plane, things are cool. It's everything up to that point that I hate. From getting to the airport, parking, getting to the terminal, getting through the line to check bags if I have to, getting through TSA, making the 26.2 mile walk to the ass-end of the terminal to my gate, then checking my boarding pass against the departure schedule repeatedly like some kind of deranged lunatic because I think I may be at the wrong gate or worse, at the wrong time or even date. It all sucks.

TMF, I can relate.  I am usually in business so not as bad, but even then, the guy who got on last that had to put his luggage 5 rows behind him and then expects everyone to move out of his way so he can go get his bag and be first off annoys the crap out of me.

Same goes for the luggage carousel.  If people could simply stand 10 ft back and only go get their bag when it gets to them, we wouldn't have people lookinglike storks trying to crane their neck out to catch a peek for that ever elusive black bag that they can't seem to figure out if it is theirs or not.  

And if we want biggest pet peeves, it's the family of 10 clueless, once a year flyers. whom think a 10 year old is a child for preboarding.

It's like you read my mind!

And escalators. For crying out loud, if you're going down, gravity is doing all the work. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other. Part of me wants to yell at these people, "This is why you are going to die 10-15 years before me, because you're so GD lazy you won't even walk downstairs when the stairs are MOVING FOR YOU!" But then I consider that this is why they are morbidly obese and look at people like me and wonder how we do it. Not being the laziest effing creatures on the planet is a start.