Anyone else worried about attacks during Star Wars premier?

I'm not a Star Wars guy but everything in my Facebook news feed is Star Wars related. It's supposed to be the biggest movie of the year and I've heard that many theaters are going to allow costumes. Some larger chains have already banned them. It just seems like a bad combination to me. I hope nothing happens but recent events at movies in the last few years has me wondering. Edited by glowdotGlock
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. My oldest is a huge fan, because dad got him to watch them, but thats another story.

I plan on taking him, but even if there was not the crap going on and the state of the world, we would not be going until a week/ten days after it comes out and then only to a matinee. For several reasons, I HATE crowds and there always seems to be a ahole making noise or on their phone or some such if there are more than a handful of people in the theater, and the matinee is cheaper although it will still cost us $20.
So to answer the question, I would not be surprised to hear something happened opening night/ weekend, and probably by some nutjob that wants to hear his name as opposed to a terrorist attack. Edited by pops572
  • Like 2

There are two movies that I really want to see on a screen much larger than our TV. Spectre and Legend. My husband absolutely refuses to go with me. I get it. But I think its ridiculous it's come to this. I have to check and see if the local theater is posted. Even then I doubt he will go.

Sweet! Here's the deal MrsMonkeyMan, my wife and I will attend the movies with you and MrMonkeyMan can stay home with our 9 y/o son. LOL As others have said, we will wait a while and see the new Star Wars via a matinee.  

• Like 1

I don't do movies and haven't in years. It used to be because of the price and other reasons already mentioned. Now, I'll add because of the postings and lunatics looking for their grand exit and world news exposure which the news media are so eager to give them.  

I don't do movies and haven't in years. It used to be because of the price and other reasons already mentioned. Now, I'll add because of the postings and lunatics looking for their grand exit and world news exposure which the news media are so eager to give them.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I've never really gone to movies in the past so not really too upset about it. Maybe if they are not posted I'll have to take MrsMonkey.

There's no way in heck I'd ever go to an opening of a movie to begin with, (which would be the likely day of an attack), so, no, I'm not worried. :)

Yup. I just don't care that much any more. I saw Jurassic World at the theater about a month after it came out, and that was my first movie in about a year. I mainly went because the original Jurassic Park (movie and book) were a huge part of my early teen years.

I despise giving up so much money for a movie. I don't have any problem with crowds... in fact, I love being in large groups. I am a highly social dude, but I can't stand theater crowds. Sit down, shut up, and don't be an idiot. Those three commands are invariably just too much for a special few in every screening. I can get my neighbor kids to come over ruin TV time for free, I don't need to go somewhere else at $15/pop for that garbage.
  • Like 1

I go to the theater a few times a year. It has to be a big movie where the larger screen has a significant impact. That's simply because I'm a cheap SOB and hate shelling out that kind of scratch for a movie. For me to go, the movie has to be either a big action movie (The Avengers, Star Wars, etc.), have large sweeping cinema scenes (The LoTR series, etc.), or a series that I'm hooked on (007 comes to mind). I also go if it's something my wife wants to see, but she's even cheaper than I am. Our local theater does $5.50 matinees from 3p-5p (or 4p-6p, I can't recall). We try to hit those whenever we can.

I almost never go to anything on opening weekend, partly from the crowds, but mostly because I just get busy and forget that movie X premiers on Y date. Then I'll hear something on the news about how ell it's doing and I'll thing "oh yeah, I wanted to go see that.".

There are two movies that I really want to see on a screen much larger than our TV. Spectre and Legend. My husband absolutely refuses to go with me. I get it. But I think its ridiculous it's come to this. I have to check and see if the local theater is posted. Even then I doubt he will go.

Spectre is good. It's not as good as Skyfall, but still good. If you like the old Bond movies, you'll like the subtle and sometimes not so subtle homages to them.

• Moderators
Nope. Not worried. I understand that statistically speaking I am more likely to get murdered by a cop than a terrorist. I'll save my fear mongering for something more likely. Don't know what that is yet. Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3

We have made it a family night out at the movies for Starwars, Startrek, and the Bond movies. That being said, with all that's going on with the rag heads and the liberals controlling the theaters I'll protect my family at home because I'm not allowed to at the show.

Like Bersaguy said, I'll wait for the DVD to come out. Popcorn is better here. We use more butter.

Spectre is good. It's not as good as Skyfall, but still good. If you like the old Bond movies, you'll like the subtle and sometimes not so subtle homages to them.

I've read that. Skyfall was amazing to me. I loved it. I'm not crazy about Christoff Waltz but I love the other bad guy. Andrew Scott. He's a great crazy person. He plays Moriarty in the BBC version of Sherlock and I love him. That's it. I'm going to an early showing.