Always Check Your Powders! Savagrenade!

A mutual friend of mine who reloads a metric booty-tonne of calibers made a giant no-no and put the wrong powder hopper on his Dillon 650...

It was supposed to be a 175gr SMK 308 with 41gr Varget. Instead it became 41gr Titegroup.

Dont know how he did it, experienced reloader he either snorted half of Bolivia up his nose, buttchugged a gallon of shine or had brief retardation.

The barrel is fine - his hands are banged up and his face looks like Perez Hilton made drunk love to it but the gun is obviously....not under warranty anymore.

TL;DR = check your powder otherwise ALLAHU AKBAR

KeK x40

ec05d39bcd431b0db270cd5478ebaad2.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why isn't anyone ever shooting over a chronograph when this happens? :wall: You know that bullet was screaming!

From what I was told the bullet didnt make it out of the barrel - as his 308 case became the equivelent of a low explosive grenade

I'm sure he's beat up enough but I gotta wonder, how do you confuse Varget [extruded] with Titegroup which has some of the smallest granulations of any powder I have ever used.

He's lucky to be among the living.

Thats exactly what I asked. Titegroup is not only tiny and granulated its pretty silverish and pretty. (I think he snorted half of Bolivia)

Granted Ive never used Varget but TG is very unique looking

Damn. That sucks. I'm glad he's OK as well.

I have blown up a handgun....long ago...but Damn! 41 grs of Titegroup?! He's really fortunate to have not been badly injured Comms.

I only have 3 powder measures and only 2 of those actually get any use. Each are labeled with the current powder and grain weight I'm using at the time they are in fact in use.

I know Titegroup is a very fine powder, but thought Varget was fairly bulky extruded powder. I've never used Varget but one would think the difference would be noticeable

It was supposed to be a 175gr SMK 308 with 41gr Varget. Instead it became 41gr Titegroup.

From what I was told the bullet didnt make it out of the barrel - as his 308 case became the equivelent of a low explosive grenade

He says it was 7mm-08, 120gr bullet.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/kaboom/

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553905

That's gonna leave a mark.ohmy.png

See gore shot in first link above. Happened over a year ago, so I imagine he's all better now. :)

- OS

He says it was 7mm-08, 120gr bullet.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/kaboom/

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553905

See gore shot in first link above. Happened over a year ago, so I imagine he's all better now. :)

- OS

Didnt know it was on TFL

Like I said he is a mutual friend and I didnt get the story straight from him

Either way...check your powders