Presidental primary early voting

owejia

I like the excitement of election day myself and wearing my little "I Voted Today" sticker proudly until I change clothes as few weeks later.

You know, it sure would be interesting to know the early election numbers for each candidate.Why do you suppose under law it's kept secret until the final tally? Would it not be more beneficial for all involved to know the standings? Poll's can be notoriously inaccurate and misleading as you all know. 

• Like 1

I like the excitement of election day myself and wearing my little "I Voted Today" sticker proudly until I change clothes as few weeks later.

You know, it sure would be interesting to know the early election numbers for each candidate.Why do you suppose under law it's kept secret until the final tally? Would it not be more beneficial for all involved to know the standings? Poll's can be notoriously inaccurate and misleading as you all know. 

It's to keep from influencing those that vote for those that are winning, just like rainy day football fans that will root for anyone who is winning currently.

Presidential Primaries are the only time I don't vote too early. I want to see how Nevada and South Carolina shake out, or who drops out, before having to make the choice on my ballot.

Unless you're voting for Carson, I think it's OK to vote early. ;)
  • Like 1

I don't care about what the polls are saying at this point in choosing a candidate to beat any of the Dems.  I vote in the primary for the person that I align with in morals, positions dealing with today's social issues, and whether or not they can tell the truth form a lie---And most importantly, whether they have the nads to stand their ground when they know they are right!

I care about immigration as there has been a lot of talk about walls, paths to citizenship, fines, legalizing, etc.  What I haven't heard is why don't they increase the punishment for citizens that hire illegals for work, and pay them under the table?  Enforce the laws, and the illegals will leave our country on their own when they can't find a source of income.

I wish folks could see the actions of the candidates, rather than the speaking points to get votes when it comes to being and acting like a Christian!  Trump won't close his eyes and bow his head for a moment of silence, nor can he read a passage of scripture correctly!  He may not be what he claims, and his actions show a really childish and angry little man on stage.

I will vote this weekend, or on the big day!  One of my last few rights (privileges) as a citizen!

Unless you're voting for Carson, I think it's OK to vote early. ;)

I still want to see what Kasich says/does mainly. He's the only one on the Republican side that has my interest at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk, because I felt that Oh Shoot wanted to know that particular bit of information.

I hit it first day for Marco. Regardless of his faults, I still think it's either him or another Dem in the White House, no other options at this point.

- OS

It's already started.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/02/19/lawsuit-over-ted-cruzs-eligibility-to-run-for-president-heads-t/21315213/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-23923000

Lawsuit over Ted Cruz's eligibility to run for president heads to court
The lawsuit in question actually has nothing to do with Trump (though, it's unlikely we'd be debating the obscure legal arguments over whether Cruz is a "natural born citizen" if it weren't for the ex-reality star). Suburban lawyer Lawrence Joyce initially filed an objection to Cruz's placement on the primary ballot with the Illinois Board of Elections, but it was dismissed earlier this month. Now the Circuit Court of Cook County in Chicago has agreed to hear the case.

You can bet the farm that if Cruz is the nominee the DNC and Clinton Mafia "WILL" find a way to deem Cruz is ineligible to be POTUS even if he wins a huge majority over Hillary in popular and electoral votes. The sad thing is, Americans will allow her to do it.

I already voted for Rubio, don't know what will come of it but it's done. I know Trump has a lead in most polls but if you add Rubio and Cruz's numbers together they easily beat Trump.

I still want to see what Kasich says/does mainly. He's the only one on the Republican side that has my interest at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk, because I felt that Oh Shoot wanted to know that particular bit of information.

From what I heard, he's staying in til the end. Of course they all say that but time will tell. Super Tuesday will probably narrow the playing field. The 4 states before that are 4 completely different demographics and not representative of the rest of America. I just pick on Carson because he's polling so low. ;) I should probably throw Bush in there too. :P

I should probably throw Bush in there too. :P

That's what I'm watching for. If Bush doesn't do well in South Carolina and Nevada, there are grumblings his donors will say enough is enough, and Kasich stands to pick up a decent bit of the money and support afterwards.

I'm waiting till Super Tuesday because in all reality I am still very undecided on who to vote for. I don't know that right now any one of them is going to beat Trump. I don't really want Trump to win because he is to radical in to many areas but according to most polls every time he goes radical his numbers grow. Is that really what the American people want as a President is a radical in the White House? (A loose cannon so to say) I also fear that if Cruz gets it that if a challenge is made by Democrats as to his eligibility and it's gets into the courts with a  4-4 with Scalia gone can Cruz get disqualified? So many factors I just don't know!!!.......... :wall: :wall:

Edited by bersaguy

I'm waiting till Super Tuesday because in all reality I am still very undecided on who to vote for. I don't know that right now any one of them is going to beat Trump. I don't really want Trump to win because he is to radical in to many areas but according to most polls every time he goes radical his numbers grow. Is that really what the American people want as a President is a radical in the White House? (A loose cannon so to say) I also fear that if Cruz gets it that if a challenge is made by Democrats as to his eligibility and it's gets into the courts with a  4-4 with Scalia gone can Cruz get disqualified? So many factors I just don't know!!!.......... :wall: :wall:

It is the primary I voted for who I think is best so I decided to go with Cruz.  If Trump wins I will likely vote for him in the end but what I prefer is Cruz.

Thanks

Robert

• Like 1
Cruz is my choice of the currently available options. I don't know if I truly have the stomach for Donald Rump. I don't believe too much in Rubio, but if either Cruz or Rubio is the nominee I will definitely support either. With roughly 55-60% of the current vote between them, and 30% to Rump, that's what I'm hoping.

If Dump gets the nomination, I will have fully lost all sliver of hope, respect, and loyalty to not only the Republican party, but the idea of "conservatives" in America. I will write in Gary Johnson at that point. If he was a viable option (or any libertarian) I would support them right now.

I simply cannot understand the stupidity and short-sightedness (both forward and backward) of the Dump supporters. Edited by musicman

Cruz is my choice of the currently available options. I don't know if I truly have the stomach for Donald Rump. I don't believe too much in Rubio, but if either Cruz or Rubio is the nominee I will definitely support either. With roughly 55-60% of the current vote between them, and 30% to Rump, that's what I'm hoping.

If Dump gets the nomination, I will have fully lost all sliver of hope, respect, and loyalty to not only the Republican party, but the idea of "conservatives" in America. I will write in Gary Johnson at that point. If he was a viable option (or any libertarian) I would support them right now.

I simply cannot understand the stupidity and short-sightedness (both forward and backward) of the Dump supporters.

So, if someone likes Trump, they're stupid and short-sighted? I'd reserve those kind of labels for Hillary/Sanders supporters. Out of curiosity, if Trump wins the nomination, are you saying you won't support him over the other side?

Go Cruz

Edited by BigK

The wife and I voted yesterday.  Cruz supporters here as well.  But I will say it until I am blue in the face.  In the primary you vote with your heart.  In the general you vote with your head.  The "my guy didn't get picked so I'm going to take my ball and go home" mindset will deliver the whitehouse to Hillary or Sanders and then its just a few short years until gun rights are practically a thing of the past once they get their SCOTUS nominations in place.

• Like 8
Yes. I am saying I will not support Trump if he is the nominee. It is not a case of "they didn't pick my guy." It is a case of I do not believe at all in his values, morals, history, or promises.

Remember, Trump himself is the one who claims his followers are crazy enough to still support him if he just shot someone dead in the street. I didn't come up with that on my own. He also freely states he just changes his message or persona to get a response. I'm just paraphrasing/interpreting his own assessment of his supporters.

I would hold my nose and vote Kasich if I had to. I fully believe Trump would damage the country, and more acutely the idea of conservative principles, to a greater degree than would a Hillary or Bernie presidency.

I am not saying that he is the SAME as Hillary or Bernie, but dangerous just the same. Edited by musicman
  • Like 1