Don't open my car door.

K191145

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/road-rage-incident-sends-1-to-hospital

My friend called me tonight, we knew the victim, he is a 78 year old long time Kingston Springs man who owns a lot of property just off I-40. Bersaguy might know who he is. Anyway my friend told me that the victim had a massive stroke and from what he heard probably wont pull through this. I don't know the details of what happened but too bad the scumbag who opened the door to attack an old man didn't get shot. We also knew the victim often carried a S&W snubbie on him, guess he was too fragile healthwise to do anything. If/when the victim dies, I hope they charge this scumbag with manslaughter. Don't know if that's the proper charge but i'm sure he will be charged with an extra charge, Oh Shoot probably knows what charge they can charge him with, he obviously caused the man to stroke out from the fear and stress of the situation. We also know his son who doesn't seem like the type to go on a vendetta if Scarboro isn't charged with manslaughter.

Thinking about this I know that in Tennessee's self defense code there is a defense for using deadly force, aggravated carjacking, and forcing open someones vehicle door to carjack or assault should apply. Someone forces my door open i'm just going to assume they are armed with a weapon and intend to kill me, in other words, my plan is shooting several times in the chest. 

• Like 1

Man, that sucks. Hopefully he pulls through. Dude looks like a turd by the way. I keep my doors locked on my truck but in the off chance it is unlocked and you decide to open it you are getting 1-18 rounds on 9mm to try and convince you to leave me alone.

Tactically it's a good idea to keep your doors locked, just keep that in mind in case you need a quick exit of the vehicle but, weather or not you keep your doors locked, it's still 100% the thug car jacker or road rager's fault if they get shot and killed. I wont lecture, dude should have had his door locked but I will lecture, punk shouldn't have forced his door open. It's 100% the criminals fault.

• Like 1

TN. Code 39-11-611

(c)  Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury within a residence, business, dwelling or [b]vehicle[/b] is presumed to have held a reasonable belief of imminent death or serious bodily injury to self, family, a member of the household or a person visiting as an invited guest, when that force is used against another person, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence, business, dwelling or [b]vehicle[/b], and the person using defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.

I know Tennessee needs some improvements but I am very thankful I don't live in many other states. It's a shame the man/victim in the story was old and in fragile health, if he didn't have the stroke he might have been able to save himself and rid society of a scumbag.

• Like 1

Both of my vehicles lock the doors automatically. What I don't like about the Caddy is that when you put the car in park it automatically unlocks the doors too.

Look in the owners manual, depending on the year I think there may be a way to undo that feature.  We had one that did that and you could change the behavior such as lights blinking or beeping when the locks were activated, whether it would auto lock/unlock etc.

• Like 1

In TN the Castle Doctrine applies to your car.  Anyone 18 yrs of age or older may carry a loaded weapon in their car.....with or without a permit as long as they a legally able to do so.  Meaning not a felon, consuming alcohol..etc.

Edited by chances R
  • Like 1

I also knew the victim in this as I use to live in Kingston Springs for many years and son still does. I wish him the best and hope he is able to come back from the stroke but his age is going to be against him I'm afraid. I keep my Jeep doors locked while I am in it driving. I also have a Bersa in a holster beside my seat. It goes there when I get in the jeep and goes in my wear holster when I get out. God Have mercy on any bad guy that tries to open my door because I will have none for them................... :cool: 

• Like 1

I also knew the victim in this as I use to live in Kingston Springs for many years and son still does. I wish him the best and hope he is able to come back from the stroke but his age is going to be against him I'm afraid. I keep my Jeep doors locked while I am in it driving. I also have a Bersa in a holster beside my seat. It goes there when I get in the jeep and goes in my wear holster when I get out. God Have mercy on any bad guy that tries to open my door because I will have none for them................... :cool:

I just came back from the Smoke Shop and talked to a couple of his renters, they said he is in a coma and his breathing machine is kicking on more and more. They said he is getting worse by the day. They said from the witnesses all he did was go too slow for that POS, that POS swerved in front of him and locked his brakes, got out and opened his door and took a swing at him. They said the witnesses said Bobby tried to drive around him clipping the POS's back bumper, stopped and fell out of his car unconscious. 

If Bobby dies from this which seems what will happen, I wished he would have been able to put a couple of .38's in POS's chest before he passed out.

I heard on the news a while ago that Bobby was being moved to a Hospice facility which more or less means the doctors have given up on him. I can say this for sure Bobby is and always will be 1000 times more of a man than that POS that attacked him is or ever will be.

Bobby and his family will be in my PRAYERS

• Like 2

Had a guy come up to my car door and knock on my window in a parking lot while he was holding a cup of hot coffee.  It seemed he was only inches from my door and he startled me.  I didn't know him and he probably just wanted money, but I yelled at him through the closed window to get the hell away from my car.  He got a look on his face like I hurt his feelings (which was not my intention) but he scared me and I didn't know him.  I would never open the door/window for somebody who comes up out of the blue and surprises me like that.  An innocent looking cup of hot coffee in the face would be a great way to steal somebody's car...keep your doors locked and look around in parking lots.  Looking at cell phones while parked could be a terrible distraction while you're waiting for your wife in a store.  B

Beating the elderly, women or children to death are cases that can probably only be remedied with capital punishment.

Because of the circumstance of him having a stroke, sadly a DA can't prove premeditated murder. My hope is that he will at least serve the maximum for manslaughter. The POS is 53 so 30+ years in a prison he's likely he wouldn't leave unless it's in a box. Also sadly he would probably make a plea deal and only get about 5 and probation. 

Also it should have been obvious to the POS that Bobby was an old man, it's takes a real piece of human garbage and coward to attack someone who you know can't physically defend themselves. 

Edited by K191145
  • Like 2

Both of my vehicles lock the doors automatically. What I don't like about the Caddy is that when you put the car in park it automatically unlocks the doors too.

I hated that about our Envoy and when I was in the shop the last time I had them change the codes so it won't do that anymore. My mother in laws Caddy does it to, if it is a newer model you can do it yourself. I reprogrammed hers in 10 mins. The directions were well explained in the manual.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I heard on the news a while ago that Bobby was being moved to a Hospice facility which more or less means the doctors have given up on him. I can say this for sure Bobby is and always will be 1000 times more of a man than that POS that attacked him is or ever will be.

Bobby and his family will be in my PRAYERS

The news said they are taking him off the breathing machine today so they have decided he's already gone I guess. They also said POS might be facing some kind of murder charge later.

• Like 1

The news said they are taking him off the breathing machine today so they have decided he's already gone I guess. They also said POS might be facing some kind of murder charge later.

I know Bobby's family are not the vindictive type but I do hope they pursue this and have the POS charged with something for sure....jmho

• Like 1

Also it should have been obvious to the POS that Bobby was an old man, it's takes a real piece of human garbage and coward to attack someone who you know can't physically defend themselves. 

That's what I mean when I wrote my angry one-liner. Anyone beating on the elderly, women, children, frail, sick, handicapped are such deprived, soul-less bags of dirt that have no chance of being rehabilitated. I can understand anger, but once he confronted Bobby, any last bit of remaining morals should have caused him to pause. Apparently that wasn't the case. Total lack of self-control, total lack of morals, total lack of anything that makes humans human. May he rot in prison for the rest of his pathetic life.

My condolences to Bobby's family.

• Like 2