S&W Lovers Take a Look

Patton

While searching for a 3" model 60 in pawn shops, I was given an opportunity to buy a beautiful 3" k frame from a manager at a pawn shop that I have known a few years. It was not what I was looking for but I knew I would never find another as beautiful as this 1989 model 65. I had a rough old police trade in model 65 last year that I had actually experienced regrets on selling. When I bought this a few months ago it made me feel better.

image_zpsxto6rx3t.jpegimage_zps4f7jdfho.jpegimage_zpsmnjtrfyd.jpeg

Edited by Patton
  • Like 19

I like the 3" best on a wheel carry. That 65 is very nice. Plus, you can have it "66-ed"  by simply ream & polish the cylinder with the 357 reamer. Still a 38 with a secret. A 66 in a 3" is huge money these days.

The 64 is the 38, but the 65 is already the magnum. The 65 is a stainless model 13.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I should have said: Do they have the same length cylinder.

No, the magnums have a longer cylinder.

I have the hard to find 2.5” Model 66. I’ll trade it for a Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic.

Those are somewhat common, but they are still pricey and desireable. Now it is the three inch 66 that is highly sought after. Edited by Patton

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.