BLM in Milwaukee

Supposedly they're coming to Cookeville next week to protest a street on TTU's campus. Dixie. Of course. Our neighbor is in the SotC, he's concerned they might try to damage a memorial at the City Cemetary so they're establishing ways to "guard" it. 

I'm all for peaceful protest but they tend to get out of control when roads are blocked and what not. I'm very concerned for the possibilities of what could happen here, especially given the population here. It seems like a odd city to protest in. 

We're 15 miles outside of town and it takes a bit to get to us, but I plan on staying inside as much as possible and avoid town all together.

11 minutes ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

Supposedly they're coming to Cookeville next week to protest a street on TTU's campus. Dixie. Of course. Our neighbor is in the SotC, he's concerned they might try to damage a memorial at the City Cemetary so they're establishing ways to "guard" it. 

I'm all for peaceful protest but they tend to get out of control when roads are blocked and what not. I'm very concerned for the possibilities of what could happen here, especially given the population here. It seems like a odd city to protest in. 

We're 15 miles outside of town and it takes a bit to get to us, but I plan on staying inside as much as possible and avoid town all together.

Cookeville was probably picked because it's an ODD city and does not have a large African American population, these are the kinds of small towns/cities they want to find. Also consider the size of the police presence they would be able to provide would not be adequate should they decide to get rowdy..........................jmho 

Having grown up just outside the city of Cookeville, I can say that a BLM protest there will go over like a fart in church.

Should the people I know get involved, the protestors just might need to rethink their agenda and ask for protection. Until recently as the influx of northern people arrived; Cookeville was a decidedly "southern redneck, good ole boy" kind of town that had a very quiet  lifestyle with few "racial" problems. Always had pretty strong ties to old south pride and values. A very friendly little town whose biggest claim to fame was TTU.

The rebel battle flag was a fixture. Seen regularly. And no one protested it. 

People didn't go looking for trouble. And Black/White was not an issue...then.

• Like 4

Regarding Milwaukee, I haven't seen the video personally, but understand the officer had a chest cam which clearly showed that he was telling the guy to drop his gun and he wouldn't do it.  I don't know what the protesters want.  

I don't worry about being shot by a policeman.  Having said that, if I get pulled over, by the time the officer gets to my car I have the documentation he's going to need in my hands, both of which are on the steering wheel.  To me, that is just basic common sense.

• Like 3

Dead thugs sister wants officer charged!

Wtf!

With what? I am at a loss to see things the same way as they do. So many issues in those communities and all we hear is how it is  the white mans fault. 

We keep hearing about a vision for a better life. Perhaps everyone needs to understand.....A vision without execution is just a dream. Start within and maybe something will change. 

11 hours ago, hipower said:

Having grown up just outside the city of Cookeville, I can say that a BLM protest there will go over like a fart in church.

Should the people I know get involved, the protestors just might need to rethink their agenda and ask for protection. Until recently as the influx of northern people arrived; Cookeville was a decidedly "southern redneck, good ole boy" kind of town that had a very quiet  lifestyle with few "racial" problems. Always had pretty strong ties to old south pride and values. A very friendly little town whose biggest claim to fame was TTU.

The rebel battle flag was a fixture. Seen regularly. And no one protested it. 

People didn't go looking for trouble. And Black/White was not an issue...then.

The mayor is a DB. He thinks he's fancy and wears ridiculous shirts and ties. He granted the permit. They're protesting is supposedly limited to TTU's campus, but they're trying to pull something. Their permit if for the 23rd. Yet apparently they're planning on the 21st. Kinda weird. This town is quiet. There's an abundance of LEO's here from the PD to the SD. The sheriff's department here is much different than in Nashville. Here there are a ton and they do active patrols, stops and responding. 

I hope it stays peaceful. I really do. But should it not, I feel bad the the protestors. Your description of it still seems to be how it is now here. Confederate flags are abundant, flown freely from porches. I don't care which way the wind blows and who flys what, as long as you leave me and mine out of it. I do plan on 1 trip to town to bring the SotC boys a cooler of refreshments and then straight home. 

• Like 1

There's nothing that can be done that will appease these people. They are stupid and have no reasoning skills. They are the product of generational intentional ignorance that is an affliction in all of the "hoods" across America. Some people survive and get out, but mostly they succumb to stupidity. An environment of entitlement egged on by the idea that white people or those with money owe them something. 

A guy murdered a cop in cold blood a few years ago in my hometown. A real winner with face tattoos and the whole nine. He was recently in the news about how much time he got(or little, 30 years for shooting a cop in the face twice at point blank range). He'll prob get out in 15 years. All these subhuman fools are posting in the comments, "Free my boo Corey" or "why don't cops get jail time for killing innocent blacks?" I am sincerely astounded at how retarded these people are, and it makes me angry. I don't want to let it get to me, but it does. I know black people that won't even talk to me anymore because they have succumbed to the idea that because I don't support them in their mindless cause that I am the enemy. Or, because I'm a gun enthusiast that I am somehow an ignorant redneck hellbent on keeping the black man down. 

It blows my mind. Historically, is this normal? Was it this widespread back during the LA riots? Did it cause this much racial tension?

• Like 1