$15/hr. YEAH!!!

5 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

I heard, but have not verified, workers on the West Coast have been requesting less hours to keep their $15/hour wages from adversely impacting .gov benefits and entitlements.

Hell, let's just print more money

No, they want the $15 an hour but are immediately requesting their hours to be cut back.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Patton said:

I ordered using a McDonald's kiosk a few weeks ago in South Georgia and it was excellent.

2 hours ago, gjohnsoniv said:

It probably didn't mess your order up either. 

Yup, I ordered with one at Hardies last year and it was great! They offered me a small discount for trying it out and I threw a 'complicated' order at it just to see how accurate it was.

Everything came out perfect. I would use one anytime the option presents itself.

• Like 2

I've used the touchscreen ordering system at Hardee's.  It's usually wide open early in the morning when it's mostly seniors in line for coffee and breakfast.  Makes things easy on my end time wise, but can still be screwed up by the person reading the order in the back and putting it together. 

That said, as a nation, we need to decide where we want to draw the money those workers are going to end up getting.  As long as someone is below a certain level of income, they'll get for benefits from Uncle Sugar.  Do we want to raise the minimum wage, let businesses take the brunt of this to get people above the federal poverty level, or do we want to keep the burden on other tax revenues, such as the income tax, which means it will probably be supported with fresh debt every year.  The equivalency is going to come from somewhere, it's just a matter of how we do it.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, TrickyNicky said:

Yup, I ordered with one at Hardies last year and it was great! They offered me a small discount for trying it out and I threw a 'complicated' order at it just to see how accurate it was.

Everything came out perfect. I would use one anytime the option presents itself.

ObhRu8F.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, peejman said:

Minimum wage was never intended to be a career.  

These minimum wage lifers are creating a real problem on teenage workers. It is getting harder and harder for them to get first jobs that enable them to learn how to work in a professional capacity...

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Raoul said:

Hell if they can get $350.00 for 2 beconeeg biscuits they can probably afford to pay $15.00/hr

If the govt. keeps raising the minimum wage we will be paying $350 for breakfast someday. The higher minimum wage gets the less I can afford. These nit wits don't understand that every time minimum wage goes up so does the price of everything! I live in a small community & when MW went up to $7.25 unemployment went thought the roof & locally owned business shut down because they couldn't afford to keep & pay workers. :shrug:

2 hours ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Tell that to people of my generation. 

I don't see the problem as being limited at all to our generation. In fact, most people our age are to young to be qualified as data given in many cases they have only been in the work force for a decade or so. 

When was the last time you had someone over 40 take your order at Mickey Dees? I see it all the time. Down in East Nashville there is a Subway where the best sandwich maker is a +/- 60 year old lady. She is very nice and makes a hell of a sandwich with what they give her to work with, but in talking to her it's like it never occurred to her that if she didn't want to make $7 an hour, she should set her sights higher.

Kinda sad.

1 hour ago, TrickyNicky said:

I don't see the problem as being limited at all to our generation. In fact, most people our age are to young to be qualified as data given in many cases they have only been in the work force for a decade or so. 

When was the last time you had someone over 40 take your order at Mickey Dees? I see it all the time. Down in East Nashville there is a Subway where the best sandwich maker is a +/- 60 year old lady. She is very nice and makes a hell of a sandwich with what they give her to work with, but in talking to her it's like it never occurred to her that if she didn't want to make $7 an hour, she should set her sights higher.

Kinda sad.

Money ain't everything. Do what you like and be happy. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, peejman said:

Luckily for me I found a job I love (driving a truck) and it pays me very well. Gotta say I am happier making a lot money than not making that much. 

3 hours ago, peejman said:

I have a few friends that truly subscribe to this theory. One of my good friends is like a gypsy. He is in another country or state constantly. Hell, he's lived all over the US in the 10 years since we graduated H.S together. In some ways I'm jealous of him but then we will try to go out for drinks and he never has money.

Being happy is important but I also couldn't go through life being constantly broke.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Being happy is important but I also couldn't go through life being constantly broke.

True. You've got to live within your means, whatever they may be.  

But, would you rather have a $150,000 job where you work 80hrs per week and hate every second of it, or a $35,000 job you can't wait to get up and go to every day?