If Europe relaxes gun restrictions, will it hurt gun prices?

Just been thinking. If Europe relaxes gun ownership restrictions would that increase demand enough to raise gun pricing?  I am especially thinking guns like Glock and CZ that are made in Europe.

The reason I wonder is would the populace jump to buy guns, or would years of restrictions killing the gun culture keep the demand down?

In the longer term though, would it cause more firearm companies to be established in Europe to fill demand and give us some new innovations?

Just some random thoughts rattling around inside this empty head of mine.

They are not going to loosen restrictions. After that attack in France where they used AK's I remember reading that the politicians actually doubled down on the restrictions, or at least tried.

Even if they did, I don't believe it would impact prices here.

• Administrator

I think even if we assume that the Unlikely occurs and EU nations do loosen firearms restrictions, it can only help the firearms industry.  The current market conditions are abysmal for most manufacturers who were convinced that Hillary Clinton would win the US Presidency last November, and could sure use an injection of adrenaline to bolster their financial bottom lines.

Europe already has some really good firearms manufacturers, who undoubtedly would see a rise in their own sales.  But I do think American "imports" to the EU would be extremely beneficial for all of us.  Any shortages would be short-term.

1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

Just been thinking. If Europe relaxes gun ownership restrictions would that increase demand enough to raise gun pricing?  I am especially thinking guns like Glock and CZ that are made in Europe.

The reason I wonder is would the populace jump to buy guns, or would years of restrictions killing the gun culture keep the demand down?

In the longer term though, would it cause more firearm companies to be established in Europe to fill demand and give us some new innovations?

Just some random thoughts rattling around inside this empty head of mine.

It's a moot question.  There's no foreseeable set of circumstances that would lead to a loosening of restrictions in Europe, in fact the opposite response is the most likely outcome of any changes in laws regarding firearm ownership there ...

I think the real reason the gun laws are the way they are is because the leaders in all the European countries know that if they arm the people they would risk losing power as described by Red333 . I doubt there will be a loosening of any gun regulations in Europe in the near future..........JMHO

Bersaguy & Ugly voting democrat is more likely to happen...but if Europe ever relaxed even handgun laws, US manufacturers would be the immediate beneficiaries until European brands spun up to meet market demand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk. OhShoot very much likes to know when we're using Tapatalk.

I foresee the gun laws being relaxed. Terrorists are killing innocent citizens on the street. Sooner or later the citizens will demand that they be allowed to be armed.

If a large territory opens up; the gun manufacturers will be able to justify adding manufacturing machinery and skilled people. Had they added a bunch on machinery on the Obama/Clinton scare; there would be some gun makers in trouble.

13 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I foresee the gun laws being relaxed. Terrorists are killing innocent citizens on the street. Sooner or later the citizens will demand that they be allowed to be armed.

The citizens will demand more government and restrictions.  They simply do not know any other way in Europe.  They have never had any rights where firearms and self-defense are concerned. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, No_0ne said:

It's a moot question.  There's no foreseeable set of circumstances that would lead to a loosening of restrictions in Europe, in fact the opposite response is the most likely outcome of any changes in laws regarding firearm ownership there ...

This. They'll use the crisis as rationale for further restrictions on gun ownership as well as other infringements upon liberties...wiretaps, curfews, martial law, etc.

Many years ago I was on a student based trip to England. There were Czech, French, Bellarussian, Polish, and British students there. They were all amazed I even had held a gun. It amazed me after growing up in a hunting family. 

As everyone has said before people will call for more restrictions and the bad guys will go on ignoring them.

More guns is not always the answer, but it is a d@m good start.