So is Q a thing?

• Moderators

It's absolutely a real thing (in the sense that people believe it). I don't have exact numbers so I'll just pull them out of nowhere. Lets assume that the US population is 330 million. Lets be extraordinarily generous and say that there are 1 million true believers to QANON. That's 1/330 people. Do you know 330 people? Probably. But how many people do most people know "well"? Maybe a dozen or a few dozen if you are very friendly. Lets assume that every single one of us here knows at least one person that subscribes to QANON religiously. How would you ever know it is them if they "censor" themselves? By this point, most of them have realized that spouting their believes alienates themselves from others. So they probably only truly open up to those around them that share their believes. That's why it spreads like wildfire on the internet.

I've heard...shall we say...bits and pieces from a few people over the previous few years. To me, it sorta almost seemed like a test. If you've read deeply into something, you can see bits of pieces of it when it shows up. I truly believe that those "bits and pieces" were in a sense a "call and response" type of test to see if others around them would jump onboard with them.

The funny thing to me is the absurdity of all of it. For example, there were a bunch of people waiting in Dallas for JFK Jr. to return. And this is just a nutshell from memory, but something along the lines of JFK (been working behind the scenes all these years) was supposed to show up, hand off EVERYTHING to Trump who would do a victory tour for a week and then Jesus would come back. That's...literally a part of what they were talking about, more or less.

They've waited for JRK Jr. I think maybe at least twice now. I've wondered at what point do people start losing trust due to this type of prophecy.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

It's absolutely a real thing (in the sense that people believe it). I don't have exact numbers so I'll just pull them out of nowhere. Lets assume that the US population is 330 million. Lets be extraordinarily generous and say that there are 1 million true believers to QANON. That's 1/330 people. Do you know 330 people? Probably. But how many people do most people know "well"? Maybe a dozen or a few dozen if you are very friendly. Lets assume that every single one of us here knows at least one person that subscribes to QANON religiously. How would you ever know it is them if they "censor" themselves? By this point, most of them have realized that spouting their believes alienates themselves from others. So they probably only truly open up to those around them that share their believes. That's why it spreads like wildfire on the internet.

I've heard...shall we say...bits and pieces from a few people over the previous few years. To me, it sorta almost seemed like a test. If you've read deeply into something, you can see bits of pieces of it when it shows up. I truly believe that those "bits and pieces" were in a sense a "call and response" type of test to see if others around them would jump onboard with them.

The funny thing to me is the absurdity of all of it. For example, there were a bunch of people waiting in Dallas for JFK Jr. to return. And this is just a nutshell from memory, but something along the lines of JFK (been working behind the scenes all these years) was supposed to show up, hand off EVERYTHING to Trump who would do a victory tour for a week and then Jesus would come back. That's...literally a part of what they were talking about, more or less.

They've waited for JRK Jr. I think maybe at least twice now. I've wondered at what point do people start losing trust due to this type of prophecy.

The only thing I will say about this example with the JFK JR. Reference is that immediately my mind went to agent provocateur. Paid actors are a thing, from planned parenthood to feds with tiki torches   .

Similar to the outing of the two gen-z kids on tok tok that were paid to be on tiktok as pro current administration. 

I think Q is low lying fruit for one side of the party to throw out as an insult. They started off as 4chan and internet, got a few crazies, and eventually drew a following. It’s similar to the documentary on Netflix “don’t f w cats”. One of the lines is don’t ever mess with the internet but a little more vulgar. They drew an audience, how big is imagine is minuscule as most people don’t have the time or mental instability to believe hook line and sinker. 

The sad part is I’ve had my elderly mother send me a few links during the pandemic and my mind immediately went “this is some qanon nonsense”. I copied and pasted and sent a gentle text to her to say that you can’t believe anything in print, media, and staged propaganda is a thing. 

In short, I think “Q” is an internet meme at some point. Easy ammo for one side to use as an insult just like how everyone’s a n*zi that they disagree with. If I ever have the time there’s like a 3 hour doc on HBO about them I’ve heard referenced on podcasts. 

As someone else alluded to, if anyone is currently involved with QAnon, they’re no longer telling or yelling.  

From what I initially heard a few years ago, everything about “Q” was straight nuts. They believed JFK Jr. was still alive, and he would be the former president’s vice president in the last election. They also believed there was a cabal of baby eaters and a pedophilia ring supposedly operating in Washington, and they had proof. Pizzagate was one example. 

The most famous known follower of “Q” is/was MTG.  Anyone interested can find YouTube videos of her claims. Now that she has ascended to a position of responsibility in the house, she has toned it down, and claims she is no longer a follower of “Q”.  It’s possible she was never a true believer.  Just another person doing whatever it takes to achieve their goals.

https://www.businessinsider.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-got-sucked-into-qanon-conspiracy-theories-internet-2023-1

Edited by Links2k
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

That one may be true...LOL

6-DB49395-C02-D-44-AE-982-FEDFB4-DF9523-

I mean, the current head of the CIA met with Epstein multiple times in just 2014 AFTER he was a convicted sex offender. 

So there might be more than smoke there. 

• Like 1

Sounds like this qanon outfit would be the laughing stock at the Annual Boogeyman Convention. 

Hypothetical question: say I have a friend and he believes Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself and there really was an island where sketchy stuff was going on with the elites. Does that mean maybe my friend drank the Q KoolAid and didn't even know it?

1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

I would be surprised if we didn't have a few members here that were involved with this. 

By involved, do you mean actively in some fashion or do you mean just following the conspiracy theory?

4 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

By involved, do you mean actively in some fashion or do you mean just following the conspiracy theory?

Be honest, you got the decoder ring and memorized the secret handshake when you joined.

30 minutes ago, BigK said:

Sounds like this qanon outfit would be the laughing stock at the Annual Boogeyman Convention. 

Hypothetical question: say I have a friend and he believes Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself and there really was an island where sketchy stuff was going on with the elites. Does that mean maybe my friend drank the Q KoolAid and didn't even know it?

I believe this.^^^

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, BigK said:

I couldn't even spell Qanon until yesterday and I still believe Epstein was offed 😄

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

a christmas story GIF

I was thinking of Ray  Stevens song  Shriner Convention when I read this  telling his friend not to tell people at the bar about the secret handshake and he was out when they got back home 

Edited by Sleep profit
2 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Either. People here love conspiracy theories. It has been noticeable for years. 

• Like 1

On another note, several people in some posts here referred to President Kennedy as JFK Jr. President Kennedy that was assassinated in Dallas was not a Junior. JFK Jr was born in 1960  and died in 1999 in a plane crash in Martha's Vineyard.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Either. People here love conspiracy theories. It has been noticeable for years. 

At this point a lot of “conspiracy theories” are more correctly labeled as “plot spoilers”.

2 hours ago, BigK said:

If it does then apparently I drank it too because I full on believe that Epstein didn’t kill himself. The theory that makes the most sense to me is that he was an intelligence asset that had become too compromised and too visible and was eliminated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

On another note, several people in some posts here referred to President Kennedy as JFK Jr. President Kennedy that was assassinated in Dallas was not a Junior. JFK Jr was born in 1960  and died in 1999 in a plane crash in Martha's Vineyard.

The Qanon theories actually involved JFK Jr still being alive, or having been killed because of what he knew. Can’t remember exactly but  totally weird stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Yep, and it was the Jr. that they were claiming was still alive. Faked his death in he plane crash to go undercover.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/11/22/qanon-supporters-pack-site-of-jfk-assassination-in-hopes-jfk-jr-and-maybe-his-dad-will-return/?sh=235cb8ee48a3

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

At this point a lot of “conspiracy theories” are more correctly labeled as “plot spoilers”.

If it does then apparently I drank it too because I full on believe that Epstein didn’t kill himself. The theory that makes the most sense to me is that he was an intelligence asset that had become too compromised and too visible and was eliminated. 

That could be. Something I've wondered about though but rarely if ever see being proposed is what if the guards literally did it? Not to silence him but to punish him. He literally had been "caught" before and basically hovered out of the situation on a magic broom.

Imagine you've got a few "good old boys" serving as guards and they decide to take justice into their own hands because they were afraid he's be free in a few months.