Shots fired Walmart

In my little town of Lenior City Tuesday night. News report saying shots were fired inside the Walmart    Law Enforcement found shell casings    No one was injured they think someone shot into the air hitting the roof   Subject was not in custody at this time but a 5000 dollar reward for information. So hopefully a arrest will be soon 

Edited by Sleep profit
  • Sleep profit changed the title to Shots fired Walmart
  • Moderators

I live about 2 miles from Walmart and we heard the sirens, etc. last night.

And people ask me why I carry ALL THE TIME. Carrying sometimes makes no sense to me. If I am up I am carrying, even in the house. I even have a setup close for when I am in the shower. 

Edited by TripleGGG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
42 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I live about 2 miles from Walmart and we heard the sirens, etc. last night.

And people ask me why I carry ALL THE TIME. Carrying sometimes makes no sense to me. If I am up I am carrying, even in the house. I even have a setup close for when I am in the shower. 

This is exactly why I carry all the time!!!

• Like 1
  • Moderators
54 minutes ago, Garufa said:

And if some nutcase started shooting into the ceiling what would y’all do when carrying?

I'm looking to remove myself/family/friends from the situation without engaging. I carry as the last resort option. 

• Like 9

Now, if the shooter begins shooing level in my direction, all bets are off. I honestly have ZERO desire to take another life.  However, I also don’t know if I could look at myself in the mirror if I didn’t engage and other innocent folks, especially children were injured or killed. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Moped said:

This is exactly why I carry all the time!!!

As do I, but I’m going to have to decide if a close range “get off me” gun (LCP Max) is enough anymore? 

Growing up in Lenoir City there was never a lot to do so we often hung out at this Wal-Mart. I never felt unsafe but I was also a naive kid. I wonder if someone had a neglect discharge and bolted? I'm surprised they haven't released security footage. 

12 hours ago, Garufa said:

And if some nutcase started shooting into the ceiling what would y’all do when carrying?

Would anyone really care to guess at that point whether he was dangerous-

I would hazard a guess at a great big yes-

19 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

I'm looking to remove myself/family/friends from the situation without engaging. I carry as the last resort option. 

This! I'm not wading into a firefight unless I have to.

19 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Now, if the shooter begins shooing level in my direction, all bets are off. I honestly have ZERO desire to take another life.  However, I also don’t know if I could look at myself in the mirror if I didn’t engage and other innocent folks, especially children were injured or killed. 

Again, this! 

19 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

As do I, but I’m going to have to decide if a close range “get off me” gun (LCP Max) is enough anymore? 

I do occasionally carry a LCP Max or a S&W 442, but most of the time I carry a Ruger Max 9.

1 hour ago, Sleep profit said:

A nice 45 cal is hard to beat 

You mean like the Kahr CW45 in my safe? Not a bad idea.  Normally, I consider my “big medicine” pistols one of my .357 Sigs, but they’re both “fatt-ass” Glocks, I can’t do much with them in the summertime. That Kahr is actually pretty trim and nice to carry. It had a reliability issue a couple years ago, and with Kahr’s help, I fixed it and tested it, but I’m funny about “trust” on a carry gun. We’ll see.

8 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

You mean like the Kahr CW45 in my safe? Not a bad idea.  Normally, I consider my “big medicine” pistols one of my .357 Sigs, but they’re both “fatt-ass” Glocks, I can’t do much with them in the summertime. That Kahr is actually pretty trim and nice to carry. It had a reliability issue a couple years ago, and with Kahr’s help, I fixed it and tested it, but I’m funny about “trust” on a carry gun. We’ll see.

Sounds like a range trip to check for any problems      make sure to shoot ammo you will be using    Good luck with the Kahr I have hade several good guns 

On 6/23/2023 at 6:44 AM, Sleep profit said:

Sounds like a range trip to check for any problems      make sure to shoot ammo you will be using    Good luck with the Kahr I have hade several good guns 

Ohhhh… That did NOT go well. At all. Well, actually there WAS one bright spot, she fed a single, hand cycled CCI snake shot from the top of the magazine AND had enough oomph to cycle the next round! Sadly, those were the only smooth cycles for the rest of the magazine… A lot of hang-ups with case to breech face/extractor area and one that was more bullet to feed ramp.   This problem had not previously shown itself, the last issue was a dead trigger (not reconnecting, so dead on reset). Had a CLEAR dislike for a few Ruger brand ARX rounds. I really wanted those to work, too. 
Alright, fellas, what’s my NEXT cc size .45?

On 6/24/2023 at 11:58 AM, OMCHamlin said:

Alright, fellas, what’s my NEXT cc size .45?

I have maybe 150 rounds through my M&P Shield .45. No trouble with any JHP or FMJ I've tried. I know it's not a lot of rounds, but so far no FTF/FTE. It's bigger than the Kahr but not by a lot. The factory grip stippling is very aggressive. It's like 50 grit sand paper. You probably wouldn't want that against your skin so holster/dress accordingly. I don't know if the 2.0 is any different. I have the original.