Covenant Shooting In Nashville. Did I Miss Something?

I was reading an article this morning about stopping Mass Shooters, that was first reported in USAToday. In it, the article states that there was an "armed presence" at the school. I thought the reason that Covenant was chosen by the shooter, was because there was no armed security at the school. @Snaveba could you shed some light on this?

He spent a career helping others after shootings. This is what he thinks will stop them. (msn.com)

Edited by Moped

I read the story, that is something I had not heard of before about the 'armed presence". Or was it kept out of the press till Mr Prince said something about it? A lot of things are being kept from us about the shooting, some need to stay that way, some not so much.

• Like 2

There is a lot being hidden about this incident.  Why are so many people spending a LOT of money to keep information hidden?  Initial reports from Metro PD were that the shooter choose the school due to lack of security.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very enlightening (not).   Stop them before they do it.  What a novel idea.  

Seems to me to just be another veiled attempt to push an agenda.

No idea on whether there was a gun or not, but we will never know the real story.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instead of addressing mental health,  our government has created or allowed it to be called "inclusion" or "tolerant.

If the shooters mental state was addressed and not accepted as normal, it would not be allowed to legal purchase a weapon or weapons legally. 

The surprise of a mentally ill person doing something crazy is absurd at its least.    just my 2 cents.....

• Like 2

We have a man who is running commercials, to get elected for Mayor of Nashville, who has included "Removing Illegal Guns," in his reddrick, from Nashville. I suppose that is his intent. Sounds good to the uninformed, but pure PoppyCock. This guy hasn't a clue how to accomplish this feat legally. 

• Like 1

The only armed presence at Covenant was when the Police showed up. 

Lots of things about that incident don't add up and rumors abound. What ever happened to the supposed manifesto?  Another is that Gov. Lee's wife was friend of one of the victims and that's why he's pushing for a Red Flag law. Any truth to that? 

It seems that after the initial flurry after the shooting, there seems to be an effort to make it all disappear. Why? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I heard that there was an SRO officer at the school  but did not confront the shooter because he could not tell where the shots were coming from so he remained outside till backup arrived. When the backup arrived it only took them 14 minutes to put the shooter down on the 2nd floor.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

When the backup arrived it only took them 14 minutes to put the shooter down on the 2nd floor.

Correction - 6 minutes.

It was 14 minutes from when the 9-1-1 call was placed to shooter down. It took 8 minutes for them to arrive once the call was placed, but once on scene it only took them 6 minutes locate and dispatch the perp.

• Like 1

It’s correct Hale chose the school due to a perceived lack of security and the isolated nature of being on the hill. She had considered two other schools as well as a public location but determined she would have more success at TCS. This is written in her notes which I will address in a sec. While there was not an SRO at the school, measures were already being put in place to have trained and armed staff on site along with the active shooter training they had recently completed. 

There was not a “Manifesto” as one might think. That was a poor choice of words for the police chief to use. There were 17 notebooks filled with research of every school shooting, logistics of the TCS building, camera locations, employee info, etc. Hale had been monitoring the building for two yrs and compiling info. She was hyper focused on this aspect thus the large amount of data on covenant and on how to successfully conduct a school shooting with maximum deaths.  According to police, this was the most planned school attack in US history and they're still processing info. It’s an active investigation that they expect will take another year to complete. It’s true the police don’t want this research and info out there since it will most definitely aid future shootings. 

As far as the school, church & parents not wanting the “manifesto” released, there are unwell people out there wishing harm towards the school as evidenced by continued letters and calls to the school. It’s unfathomable but the rumors people have created, pushed, and subsequent anger has made an unsafe environment for everyone there. My wife has fielded calls and received letters several times. People have traveled to Nashville to stalk the school. Releasing the notebooks would be equivalent to  police releasing schematics and security details of your personal home knowing someone activity wants to hurt your family. Protection of staff and children who are still experiencing trauma from seeing their classmates killed is paramount. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Moderators

@Snavebaonce again I greatly appreciate your willingness to share information that you know with us. This is information I don’t think many of us have seen adequately explained, or even disseminated very much at all by the authorities. I believe a greater effort to be more forthcoming with these details would go along way towards quieting down some of the conspiracy theories that abound. Wouldn’t cure at all, we all know it wouldn’t. I do believe it would help though.

The lack of openness and transparency about why certain information is not being publicly disseminated, combined with the legislative efforts from Governor Lee with regard to the special session, and the red flag law only compound the ideas and suspicions that nefarious action is afoot.

so once again, I know it has to be difficult for you to engage with some of the speculation that goes on around the subject here, so you have my gratitude for your willingness to share what you know with the rest of us.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Snaveba said:

It’s correct Hale chose the school due to a perceived lack of security and the isolated nature of being on the hill. She had considered two other schools as well as a public location but determined she would have more success at TCS. This is written in her notes which I will address in a sec. While there was not an SRO at the school, measures were already being put in place to have trained and armed staff on site along with the active shooter training they had recently completed. 

There was not a “Manifesto” as one might think. That was a poor choice of words for the police chief to use. There were 17 notebooks filled with research of every school shooting, logistics of the TCS building, camera locations, employee info, etc. Hale had been monitoring the building for two yrs and compiling info. She was hyper focused on this aspect thus the large amount of data on covenant and on how to successfully conduct a school shooting with maximum deaths.  According to police, this was the most planned school attack in US history and they're still processing info. It’s an active investigation that they expect will take another year to complete. It’s true the police don’t want this research and info out there since it will most definitely aid future shootings. 

As far as the school, church & parents not wanting the “manifesto” released, there are unwell people out there wishing harm towards the school as evidenced by continued letters and calls to the school. It’s unfathomable but the rumors people have created, pushed, and subsequent anger has made an unsafe environment for everyone there. My wife has fielded calls and received letters several times. People have traveled to Nashville to stalk the school. Releasing the notebooks would be equivalent to  police releasing schematics and security details of your personal home knowing someone activity wants to hurt your family. Protection of staff and children who are still experiencing trauma from seeing their classmates killed is paramount. 

Coming from a Covenant School parent, this is an accurate assessment.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

She did attend TCS and I believe graduated from TCS. That is what likely put TCS on her radar as one potential target. 

That and a regime of testosterone, trans-it propaganda, mental issues that Mom never sought help for, self-loathing, and inability to accept personal responsibility.

I don’t think you can speculate as to why she acted as she did. I will say, as far as I know, her gender identity had nothing to do with this. It’s my understanding that it was only recently that she may have started identifying as “he”, but she had been planning an attack for years. 

19 hours ago, Snaveba said:

I don’t think you can speculate as to why she acted as she did. I will say, as far as I know, her gender identity had nothing to do with this. It’s my understanding that it was only recently that she may have started identifying as “he”, but she had been planning an attack for years. 

None of us really know why til we see her writings, but there have been several shootings lately where the shooter identified as trans/ non-binary. The most recent, in Philly, may or may not be officially trans, but he did dress in women's clothing. Seems to be getting more common…

7 hours ago, Nicemac said:

None of us really know why til we see her writings, but there have been several shootings lately where the shooter identified as trans/ non-binary. The most recent, in Philly, may or may not be officially trans, but he did dress in women's clothing. Seems to be getting more common…

The Philly shooter seemed to have gotten his panties in a wad and didn't feel fresh when he ran out of "Summer's Eve."

Edited by crc4
6 hours ago, Nicemac said:

None of us really know why til we see her writings

Nor will you find any rational explanations then.  There is no justification for shooting schoolchildren, and reading the incoherent ramblings of the perpetrator isn't going to shed any light on the situation ...

• Like 2

I've been following this thread with great interest.  Thanks for all the insight and information as to this issue.  I do not think this is very complicated nor do I believe there are any " gems of truth " nor ' insightful revelations " contained in this demented child's writings.  

The reason :  This child was insane, pure n simple.  Sane folks simply cannot fathom the the thinking of the insane.  What made sense to her simply will not make sense to you n me; even if the " reasons " were articulated.

That said; I am of the opinion that this child was very bright and thorough in her target studies.  The TBI/Police assertion that this study is somehow so powerful and detailed as to need to be hidden from the public is laughable on its face. 

The TBI/Police delay and obfuscation campaign is nothing more that an attempt to keep the " Trans Agenda " out of the news and to allow things to calm and fade from the public's mind.

I get that the continuing re hash and commotion about this shooting is hurtful to those affected at the school, but it ain't goin to go away. 

This is an issue that the public is interested in.  In the end, it will matter not go away until these writings are published. 

No_One is right:  You will find no rational explanations in these writings for this tragedy.  That said, let's see what they say... 

Stop the legal maneuvering and bring these writings into full public view.

leroy...

• Like 3

The girl may have been insane, but that doesn't mean she wasn't smart in her demented way. It's obvious she was smart enough to have done research, chosen weapons, and implemented her massacre. Insanity doesn't mean a babbling idiot.

I think her writings should be released. Copycats won't stop, but her writings would certainly give regular people as well as LE and those of us who carry the thinking of a dedicated shooter with criminal intent regardless of sanity or insanity.

That's educational, insightful, and valuable information that shouldn't be prohibited to read. This is not top secret Manhatten Project type of material divulging military secrets.

What's next? - the government deciding that the writings of Jeff Cooper, Massad Ayoob, and Thomas Jefferson are too dangerous to be read?

Sooner or later it will come out from a leaked source. Will that be after another mass shooting event that might have been prevented by reading the entire document?

Edited by crc4
  • Thanks 1

In the past I suspect many of us would probably agree in not releasing the information.  The problem today is that no one trusts anything they are told and for good reason.  

Most intelligent people want to make up their own mind on the 'value' and interpretation of information, but that is more and more being taken away from us giving the perception that something is being hidden.  Right or wrong, perception is reality now and the only way to combat it is for complete transparency as hard as that may be for those involved.

On the other side, some people are just nosy and need to take a step back and really ask themselves, 'how does this affect me in any real, appreciable way?' If the answer is it doesn't, then move along.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1