Happy Thanksgiving All

Happy Thanksgiving.  Thankful for the TGO and our community. 

“It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American people. I do, therefore, invite my fellow-citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next as a Day of Thanksgiving…”

Abraham Lincoln, 1863

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My daughter and son in law use to ask me why I keep my doors locked when they live 50 feet away in a house in front of mine. I said yea, you live in front but both of you work and are gone most of everyday which leaves me home alone. Their house was burglarized back years ago before I moved here and now they have cameras all over inside the house that shows on their phones if one is triggered and they can call the police. If the bad guy shows up at my door I will call 911 and the bad guys can either leave or 911 better send a ambulance with the police. 

We should be thankful and count our blessings every day, but today is the one officially sanctioned by our government.  So be patriotic and offer appreciation to God and to each other, in spite of the extra helpings of pecan pie that friends and family may gobble up instead of you.  

P.S.  May the Lord bless you all. 
  • Thanks 1

Just want to give a shout-out for those that may not have family around. First few holidays were rough for me, only time I experienced homesickness. 

Usually spend the holidays with my old timer neighbor shooting and eating, gave him a heads up that this year would be different for us. I felt bad driving home and saw his car in the drive. Called and let him know I’ll bring him home a plate and happy to hear he has plans of his own!

Very grateful that a few years ago my buddy reached out to me and had myself and a few other of us over that didn’t have family around because being ex-military he got the whole “holidays are tough thing”. Made my first pie today (she did all the measuring and hard work I just sliced and peeled the apples and did the dishes), looking forward to and grateful for being able to spend the day in a family environment.

Happy tday all. 

• Thanks 1