Wayne LaPierre Liable in 4.3M Big Spender Lawsuit

2 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

hope some jail time is given

This was a civil trial, not a criminal one.  It'll have to be enough that Wayne is going to spend the rest of his life in financial destitution and the next ones holding the reigns know they're being watched.

Ironically the NYAG might have done more good for the NRA in the long term here than could be had from internal discontent.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, btq96r said:

This was a civil trial, not a criminal one.  It'll have to be enough that Wayne is going to spend the rest of his life in financial destitution and the next ones holding the reigns know they're being watched.

Ironically the NYAG might have done more good for the NRA in the long term here than could be had from internal discontent.

Rest assured that wasn’t their intention, but I expect you’re correct.

He’d make a good piñata at the next NRA convention.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Rest assured that wasn’t their intention, but I expect you’re correct.

He’d make a good piñata at the next NRA convention.

Would love to go to the next one. Just to see the difference in talk from newer leadership.

Unfortunately, I could not even begin to walk the convention floor with my feet and legs. My wife said take your old wheelchair along and use it. LOL!! Can't you see trying to navigate that crowd in a wheelchair?

4 hours ago, btq96r said:

It'll have to be enough that Wayne is going to spend the rest of his life in financial destitution

He'll pay the fine out of petty cash. There's no telling how much he actually got away with. 🤬

• Like 3

I read through some of the comments attached to the story on the FOX news site, and I was surprised at how many NRA members (at least they said they are) still support ol' Wayne. It's been very clear to me for many years that WLP was milking the organization like a 60's union boss, but a lot of members still seem to think he's a fine fellow. Go figure.

• Like 1

There have always been the blind loyalist that believe the NRA can do no wrong. They're part of the problem and the reason WLP was able to do the things he did and do it for so long. 

The antis are celebrating and thinking they won. Actually we won because they succeeded in doing what much of the membership has been trying to do for years. Wayne is gone and the NRA is all the better for it. 

Now to see what the new leadership is gonna do. Get back in the fight or continue the old ways. 

• Like 4

Sorry to see that the one who got the scalp was NY AG Letitia James of the "Get Donald Trump" fame.  This only adds to her momentum with the crazies.  Whatever...I hope the future's brighter at the NRA.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, btq96r said:

Yep. Instead of destroying it, she may have fixed it. The NRA lost my support because of ole Wayne. Now, they have a chance to regain it. They need some new rules first.

• Like 4
  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Yep. Instead of destroying it, she may have fixed it. The NRA lost my support because of ole Wayne. Now, they have a chance to regain it. They need some new rules first.

If they don’t take action to shrink that board to a size that effective for governance, then nothing can/will change. That’s the key to everything right there. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

If they don’t take action to shrink that board to a size that effective for governance, then nothing can/will change. That’s the key to everything right there. 

It will be interesting to see if they come clean with their members.

And FWIW, I still hope Letitia gats a raging incurable yeast infection, if she doesn't already have one. Her intentions were nothing but evil.

• Like 3

All this does is make the NRA look worse. They didn't do anything to fix this issue themselves and allowed it to continue for years. I'm not sure why anyone would look at this and think it proves the NRA might change for the better. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Erik88 said:

All this does is make the NRA look worse. They didn't do anything to fix this issue themselves and allowed it to continue for years. I'm not sure why anyone would look at this and think it proves the NRA might change for the better. 

I am a cynical SOB, so I agree, but sure hope I’ll be proven wrong.

6 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Because with Wayne and some of his cronies gone, the board can finally be reset.  @Chucktshoeshas the right if it that the size of the board needs to be shrunk.  They also have to have the right people to oversee what will be a very important selection of new management.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, hipower said:

Would love to go to the next one. Just to see the difference in talk from newer leadership.

Unfortunately, I could not even begin to walk the convention floor with my feet and legs. My wife said take your old wheelchair along and use it. LOL!! Can't you see trying to navigate that crowd in a wheelchair?

I see more wheelchairs than you'd imagine every year at the NRA Convention. Most venues there is plenty of room to navigate. The worst was Louisville, no way I'd try to get around at that one with a wheelchair.

• Thanks 2
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, btq96r said:

Because with Wayne and some of his cronies gone, the board can finally be reset.  @Chucktshoeshas the right if it that the size of the board needs to be shrunk.  They also have to have the right people to oversee what will be a very important selection of new management.

Bingo. It isn’t that it definitely will lead to positive changes, but unlike when WLP had an iron grip on things, they can change. I still believe the NRA could be a massive force for good if managed effectively. Imagine if the FPC or GOA had the resources and name recognition of the NRA? How much could get done then?

• Like 3
On 2/24/2024 at 6:33 PM, BigK said:

I see more wheelchairs than you'd imagine every year at the NRA Convention. Most venues there is plenty of room to navigate. The worst was Louisville, no way I'd try to get around at that one with a wheelchair.

That's what I based my comment on. That and Nashville. Both horrible for people with mobility issues.

• Sad 2
16 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Interesting article I found on another forum. Four reform candidates for NRA Board. Interesting tactic too. 

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/02/nra-board-elections-support-the-four-for-reform-candidates/#axzz8SOTPqzMG

Wouldn't the reform candidates want to talk about the reforms they hope to bring?  Or did I miss that part in the weighted voting instructions memo here?