STOLEN GUN ALERT: Springfield Champion SS with Bobtail

STOLEN GUN ALERT

The following gun was stolen from Hero-Gear:

Springfield Champion 1911

Stainless Steel

Bobtail

Serial Number: N339591

This gun was stolen out of the owners office, and we suspect it was stolen by someone that knew the Hero-Gear staff very well.

This is very disappointing.

I am asking all TGO members to be on the lookout for this gun.

Its a unique gun, so it should be easy to spot at gunshows, shops, etc.

No questions asked if the gun is returned.

If the gun is not returned, and we catch the thief, we WILL push for felony charges.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe
The sad thing is, we pretty much KNOW who stole the gun.

They had been a trusted friend of the shop for four years, which is how they managed to get into my office unattended and steal the gun.

Given that, the Buttwipe probably knows way better than to try to sell it anywhere close to you.

I will take the information to the few stores here in Jackson FWIW. If you have filed a police report a police # to contact in case it does pop up somewhere would be good to add to that Info.

i hope you get the guy. The only good thief is a dead thief, or in lieu of death, behind bars.

If it is someone you know and trusted he is a double douchebag and deserves what he has coming.

is it someone from this board?

Had a "friend" steal from me once. Leaves a bitter taste. Hope you get the weapon back, and hope the thief gets what's coming to him multiple times.

That's really the worst part. You not only had an item taken from you ... ... you had your trust taken as well.

I've had two stolen in the past, know what it feels like. Hope you find him before the cops.

No video tape?
I was wondeing the same thing

Hero-Gear has over 7500 square feet under roof.

While we have a very sophisticated alarm system which includes LOT AND LOTS of cameras all feeding to a DVR, it is impossible to have every single angle and view under surveillance at all times.

It is even harder to combat theft when the item stolen is removed from my personal office.

I'll never understand the mindset of a thief. What part of just taking someone's property that you have no claim to is acceptable? I just don't see how anyone can be "ok" with stealing. I guess I was just taught to treat everyone (and their property) with respect.

Someone stole the bicycle I "grew up with" from my house one time. An old and rusting childs bike, worth nothing to anyone but me for sentimental reasons.

I didn't mean for this post to be a rant, but thievery upsets me.

Hope you recover your property.