Been carrying for over 10 years and until this year, I carried Kel-Tec P-11. Decent carry gun and I think very few people ever noticed. Returning from deployment to Operation Iraqi Freedom, I decided to treat myself and went with a Glock 17. I also purchased a paddle holster. Holster worked OK during the winter months, but as it warmed up, it became harder to conceal. While at the paying at the checkout inside Dollar General in Dresden, a customer across from me was giving me the evil stare.

Since then I purchased a new holster that rides up higher. The Glock 17 is more comfortable and not received as many looks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I agree. It shouldnt upset them; you arent doing anything wrong.

I bet the majority of the people would just think you were an off duty cop or something anyways & not give it a second thought.

I carry a Glock 22 off duty recently and have had it print on some t-shirts. I bought a Galco matrix holster seems to ride close to the body and haven't had any issues. Thats the trade off with a full size pistol that isn't that easy to conceal compared to smaller models. I miss having a smaller off duty gun.

Check your fly, then check for boogers. If they're still staring, shrug your shoulders and say (politely)... "what?" I'll bet they look away without saying a word.
If it's a dude, the response is "No thanks I'm straight." If it's a chick it's "No thanks I'm married." Unless of course you aren't to which the response is "How yoo dooin'?"

I love both of these!:D

RE: This

While at the paying at the checkout inside Dollar General in Dresden, a customer across from me was giving me the evil stare. ...
....I find that whispering into my wrist watch and staring back at them is pretty effective for making them go away!....

I really like Vero's solution here. Obviously, the person starein aint too smart. I always make it a policy not to aggravate folks that i know are armed.

Keep up good work.

leroy

Edited by leroy
spellin - and some of it is still wrong!!!

I am a sheep, I must admit but I have a Good Shepard and a Glock 36. I try not to print but I also try to carry a pistol that will get her done. I will try the talking to my wrist watch trick next time I get the evil eye.

I tried concealing my G22 at Olive Garden today. Ended up sitting in a booth with my strong side facing out and of course my shirt rides up revealing all the .40 caliber of glory in my pants to the table of 6 next to us. The whole table was sitting their watching me eat. I generously passed them the rest of my bread sticks.....they quit looking

true story

It may have been a relative of AGore!

Next time lift one foot and look at bottom of shoe, then repeat with other foot. Then reply, "something stinks, did you step in anything outside?"

Edited by tnhawk