For those of you with Daughters....

Guest WyattEarp

Charged isn't convicted. Sixteen year old daughter is below the age of consent. Depending on jurisdiction, the men might be chargeable with statutory rape.

There's going to be a good bit of he said, he said, he said, she said if it ever gets to trial.

In the meantime, I'm thinking the daughter realizes her father disapproves of her conduct.

In another time, under other circumstances, two home-invader/rapists would be dead on the floor, or wishing they were.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like an extremely emotional situation of a complex nature geez. I don't have any daughters but my brother-in-law has a modelesque 17 year old with a boyfriend & as a former marine he loves to hunt & has lots of guns. I have no idea how he would react to this if it was her, I can understand the anger of encountering 17yrs of work demolished. I think the father transgressed in his behavior too. I think it was unwise for his self preservation to detain & assault for an hour, it does nothing productive to educate or modify behavior, once a person engages in sex a certain amount of parental authority is relinquished by way of the child no longer accepting that authority and attempts to regain by the parent will never be successful.

If I have daughters they will be on birth control from the onset of menstruation & will be well aware that I won't tolerate sluttish behavior while living in my home. If she has no self respect she will need to wait until she's outta my house to live that lifestyle. My job is to teach & guide until you are an adult & can exercise forethought in your actions being mindful of the consequences. I think I would probably kick the whole lot of them out naked. Slap me with a child neglect & put her wherever you want, she's dead to me.

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

Guest 808-South

I think the OP shoukd be " for those who have children"

I notice majority of the comments is against the girl and her father.

Never mind the 2 boys was also at fault here. Evidence of our double standard society. Its wrong for a female to be slutty but its ok for a male to be a man whore. And lay as many girls they can.

"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doin it, right is right even if no one is doing it"

I applaud the father for showing restraint, I would have went ballistic and beat everyone in the house, and would still be whooping my daughters ass.

I told my 14 yr daughter the gist of the story. Aside from the boys still being alive to tell the story, she seemed to think that's similar to how it would have gone down at our house.

...I've decided not to mess with her expectations on this one.

Charged isn't convicted. Sixteen year old daughter is below the age of consent. Depending on jurisdiction, the men might be chargeable with statutory rape.

There's going to be a good bit of he said, he said, he said, she said if it ever gets to trial.

In the meantime, I'm thinking the daughter realizes her father disapproves of her conduct.

In another time, under other circumstances, two home-invader/rapists would be dead on the floor, or wishing they were.

So much wrong with this it's hard to know where to start. First, she was 17, the boys were 16. 16 is age of consent in alot of states and the boys are also not old enough to be charged with statutory rape.

Also, they were not raping her and they did not break in. They were let in by her. I hope to Christ that if you carry a gun you exercise better logic than you've shown here.

I applaud the father for showing restraint, I would have went ballistic and beat everyone in the house, and would still be whooping my daughters ass.

Quite the man aren't you? Punch your wife if supper's late too?

I'm literally shocked by what some of you are posting. Advocating assault over something most of you have probably done in some manner or another?! How many of you would have enjoyed getting pistol whipped by your girlfriend's Dad in high school? What a bunch of BS.

I'm not saying the girl or the boys were right, but I hope this guy serves hard time and winds up as bubba's bitch.

Quite the man aren't you? Punch your wife if supper's late too?

I'm literally shocked by what some of you are posting. Advocating assault over something most of you have probably done in some manner or another?! How many of you would have enjoyed getting pistol whipped by your girlfriend's Dad in high school? What a bunch of BS.

I'm not saying the girl or the boys were right, but I hope this guy serves hard time and winds up as bubba's bitch.

THIS

There are a lot of things that I could say after reading some of these posts, but I'm just going to say a couple of things...I have a 5 1/2 yo boy and a 1 yo girl. I pray for my children often and when I do I also pray for the kids that will be their future wife, husband, boyfriends and girlfriends.Daughters are Gods revenge on us for being men.

So pulling a gun and pointing it at two unarmed minors is showing restraint? I hope you don't have a HCP, because you will wind up on the news one day for pointing your gun at someone who pisses you off.

I'm really surprised at some of the "if that was my daughter, she'd be dead to me/living on the streets" comments.

Why would y'all rid yourselves of family over a kid being a kid? I get the whole sex is evil thing. But isn't family more important then that? Isn't family more important then your opinion on what an old book says? Isn't family more important then some little mistake? Isn't the love for your kid the most important thing in the world? And to toss all of that out the window over a kid's experimentation is sad. It's really sad.

I'm really surprised at some of the "if that was my daughter, she'd be dead to me/living on the streets" comments.

Why would y'all rid yourselves of family over a kid being a kid? I get the whole sex is evil thing. But isn't family more important then that? Isn't family more important then your opinion on what an old book says? Isn't family more important then some little mistake? Isn't the love for your kid the most important thing in the world? And to toss all of that out the window over a kid's experimentation is sad. It's really sad.

This. Plus it's always the overbearing parents whose kids go out and do stuff like this anyway. All my friends who had super strict parents would drink, smoke weed, and screw like crazy as soon as they got a chance.

My Mom talked to me about stuff, gave me guidance and let me go. Never did drugs, never got a girl pregnant, never got arrested, etc.

This thread is proof some people should just never be responsible for anything larger than a ferret.

This. Plus it's always the overbearing parents whose kids go out and do stuff like this anyway. All my friends who had super strict parents would drink, smoke weed, and screw like crazy as soon as they got a chance.

My Mom talked to me about stuff, gave me guidance and let me go. Never did drugs, never got a girl pregnant, never got arrested, etc.

This thread is proof some people should just never be responsible for anything larger than a ferret.

Well said.

• Admin Team

Kids do stupid stuff.

Making stupid decisions is part of growing up, and I might argue it's nececssary for learning. I expect everyone here has made their share. It's unfortunate that some stupid decisions have such consequences.

As the father of two daughters, I can tell you that there is no stupid decision my kid can make that will make me stop loving them. And while you do have to worry about a lot more stuff when raising girls, it's worth it. No one will ever love their dad quite like their daughter.

That said, Lord help those guys if that were either of my daughters.

"Isn't family more important then your opinion on what an old book says?"

I thought religion was banned from the forum?

Plus it's always the overbearing parents whose kids go out and do stuff like this anyway. All my friends who had super strict parents would drink, smoke weed, and screw like crazy as soon as they got a chance.

In my high school class it was a preacher's daughter, teachers kids, and cops kids that partied the most. I know this for a fact, my best friend had a father that was a cop and his mother taught at our school. Those were some good times though.

"Isn't family more important then your opinion on what an old book says?"

I thought religion was banned from the forum?

It's never banned when SOME people suspect that your sense of morality might be based on it. They can't resist the opportunity.

No, it's never been banned from the forum, far as I know.

I never said anything about your religion or anyone else's. I said "your opinion".

I'll keep what the obvious penguin says about the connection between sex and religion to myself.

But I will continue to express my displeasure of the hypocrisy found here over the subject of sex. The "I had sex but by god, you're evil and worthless if you have sex too".

In my high school class it was a preacher's daughter, teachers kids, and cops kids that partied the most. I know this for a fact, my best friend had a father that was a cop and his mother taught at our school. Those were some good times though.

The preachers daughters were always the freaks when I was in school.

But I will continue to express my displeasure of the hypocrisy found here over the subject of sex. The "I had sex but by god, you're evil and worthless if you have sex too".

Well, when I was a young stupid kid, I stole a few things. That made me (at the time) a thief. By God you're evil and worthless if you steal too. But wait, that's not the same is it?....yes it is. God doesn't have to be involved to know wrong is wrong.

It's a sickness of man's mind that has turned procreation into recreation. Man wants to set himself above being an animal until it doesn't suit him, then he's more than happy to be likened to a dog. You can throw down the "it's a natural act" but face it, there's nothing natural about the act when it involves more than two people, and the only thing natural about it (even for two people) for any self respecting person is the consummation of a binding marriage between two people.

Caster - You're simple minded SOB living in the dark ages.:)

Young women drive young men crazy; actually crazy. We might think its visual, but it's probably pheremones or something. Had the 'crazy' conversation with my son when he was about 23, it was an epiphany, he pretty much said '. . . yeeeessssss!! . . . ' like I explained how the universe worked or something. I only recognized it myself because I'm over 50 now and the effect is beginning to wear off.

However, I think it's possible that daughters drive fathers crazy, in a different and slightly schizophrenic sort of way, wanting very very much to protect them, but remembering how much young women drove them crazy when THEY were young. The old 'I'm just defending you from a younger ME' idea. I only understand this vaguely because I do not have a daughter myself. I felt it by reflection toward my young Airmen; at work I was in the work-'father' and then, work-'grandfather' role and was protective of them, in the boy-girl dance, and more so in a war zone.

Something along these lines may be driving some of the reactions here. Some folks are very vehement and touchy in their postings, both the old men perhaps with daughters and the young guys with wives and minor children and the younger guys still out prowling. Some are quick to call 'hypocrite' -- some while hypocritical themselves.

Anybody understand it better than me is certainly welcome to take a better shot at explaining it. If you get all cranky and insane on me I'll probably just ignore you.

Well, when I was a young stupid kid, I stole a few things. That made me (at the time) a thief. By God you're evil and worthless if you steal too. But wait, that's not the same is it?....yes it is. God doesn't have to be involved to know wrong is wrong.

It's a sickness of man's mind that has turned procreation into recreation. Man wants to set himself above being an animal until it doesn't suit him, then he's more than happy to be likened to a dog. You can throw down the "it's a natural act" but face it, there's nothing natural about the act when it involves more than two people, and the only thing natural about it (even for two people) for any self respecting person is the consummation of a binding marriage between two people.

Caster - You're simple minded SOB living in the dark ages.:)

Would you disown your child for stealing? Would you tell them that they're dead to you for pocketing a Hershey bar?

As for the rest of your post, I do happen to believe sex is natural.

Marriage on the other hand is not natural. Marriage is the invention of man to appease god. That's why they're called religious ceremonies.

You can call me sick for believing that all you want. I don't really care what your opinion on me is based on a simple act that we ALL partake in.

Fact is, I simply do not believe in your religion. I simply do not believe my god (and I do believe in god,btw) cares that I do what is only natural.