Top 5 Concealed Carry Handguns

• Admin Team

I carry a M&P 340CT, but expect I am outnumbered 100:1 in 442s and 642s. For that matter, I expect I'm outnumbered by NAA mini revolvers.

The Kahr PM9 certainly should be on the list, though I expect in reality it's more "top 25" than "top 5".

Any top 5 list that doesn't include a Glock 19 is bunk in my book, though. I mean, really?

Well, in all fairness, the article does say that the guns listed are what he prefers. I mean, Glock....in 9mm? Who the heck would want that? Glocks fail too much and 9mm is innefective....Right? I mean, I read it on the internet, so it must be true!

• Like 1

I have to call "shenanigans" on that list, of course it's just that one guys opinion but I still would have thought the G19 & the Ruger LCP would have been serious contenders for anyone's concealed carry handgun choices, especially the LCP, seeing as how they literally disappear when tossed in a pocket or are strapped to an ankle.

I can see the G23 and the PM9 (actually the CM9 is a more likely choice) being on the list. The Sig and HK are nice, but pricey, so they wouldn't be in my top 5 (I have 2 Sigs and love them, and might put my P238 in my personal top 5). And a J-frame or something similar like the LCR needs to be on there for the wheelgun crowd (I guess I'm in that crowd too). The big miss in my opinion, which was already mentioned above, is the LCP or something similar.

Yeah, there's no Ruger's on there or the M&P or XD. Also, I've never even heard of anyone carrying an HK45. I litereally only know one person out of the maybe 50 people I know who carry that even owns much less carries an HK.

I am happy that the P229 made his list though.

Edited by wcsc12

I have stated carrying my SR9C over my PM9. I just liked the way it feels in my hand.

+1 to that. I love my SR9c. I have bigger (longer, not fatter) hands that with the little pinky converter for the bottom of the magazine, it helps me grasp the gun quite well without really adding any bulk to the gun. Plus, the super heavy spring in the slide makes it have very little recoil. Getting back on target is quicker than any other 9mm I've ever shot.

I think the Glock 23 is more versatile than the Glock 19, so I agree with the inclusion of the G23 in a top 5 list over the G19. For about $150 to $175 you can turn the G23 into a "G19" by adding a 9mm conversion barrel and a 9mm magazine. So...you can have your cake and eat it too! :up: