Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day

Volzfan

Don't forget to drop by in support today. Here is the text from the Chick-fil-a Apperciation Day Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/events/266281243473841/

I have been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick Fil-A

company because the CEO, Dan Cathy, made comments recently in which he affirmed his view that the Biblical view of marriage should be upheld. The Cathy family, led by Chick Fil-A founder Truett Cathy, are a wonderful Christian family who are committed to operating the company with Biblical principles and whose story is the true American success story. Starting at age 46 Truett Cathy built Chick Fil-A into a $4 billion a year enterprise with ...

over 1600 stores. At 91, he is still active in the company, but his son Dan runs it day to day as CEO.It's a great American story that is being smeared by vicious hate speech and intolerant bigotry from the left.

The Chick Fil-A company refuses to open on Sundays so that their employees can go to church if they wish. Despite the pressure from malls, airports, and the business world to open on Sundays, they still don't. They treat customers and employees with respect and dignity.

I ask you to join me in speaking out on Wednesday, August 1 "Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day.†No one is being asked to make signs, speeches, or openly demonstrate. The goal is simple: Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1. Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm

traditional values, we're considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant. This effort is not being launched by the Chick Fil-A company and no one from the company or family is

involved in proposing or promoting it.

There's no need for anyone to be angry or engage in a verbal battle. Simply affirm appreciation for a company run by Christian principles by showing up on Wednesday, August 1 or by participating online – tweeting your support or sending a message on Facebook.

• Like 2
Guest rebeldrummer

yumm....as if their Polynesian sauce was not enough reason to go there already!!

ha ha ha....glad I have another, and far more important, reason to go!

try their sweet tea/lemonade mix.....like the Arnold Palmer. good stuff......

yumm....as if their Polynesian sauce was not enough reason to go there already!!

I could drink that stuff through a straw! My wife actually called one of their stores and tried to buy a case of it for me for our anniversary one year. THey wouldn't do it. :(

Guest HvyMtl

Seriously, this is America.

Will I quit buying from someone with different political beliefs, and different morals than I? Is this realistic? Even in your Church Congregation, people have different political and moral beliefs than you, want to quit doing business with them as well?

THIS IS THE U S OF A. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTIVE OF DIFFERENT VIEWS AND BELIEFS. ITS IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

Politicians spew stuff to gain political favor from the base which votes for them. I wish we could ignore their statements, but they impact us greatly, usually to the negative. Wish the era of the professional politician would end.

Seriously, this is America.

Will I quit buying from someone with different political beliefs, and different morals than I? Is this realistic? Even in your Church Congregation, people have different political and moral beliefs than you, want to quit doing business with them as well?

THIS IS THE U S OF A. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTIVE OF DIFFERENT VIEWS AND BELIEFS. ITS IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

Politicians spew stuff to gain political favor from the base which votes for them. I wish we could ignore their statements, but they impact us greatly, usually to the negative. Wish the era of the professional politician would end.

Yes seriously!

You are right this is America! Too many businesses and individuals too are afraid to stand up for their beliefs because they are afraid to suffer the consequences of what may happen if people disagree with them. This Appreciation Day for me and I believe others is to thank them for their stance and to offset any boycott against them for standing on those beliefs.

I don't believe that the Bill Of Rights says we are supposed to SUPPORT different views and beliefs. I disagree with you on this but if you are correct then you should agree with me. That doesn't make much sense. Rather it says that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs whether anyone else agrees or not.

So I choose to support the stance that Chick-Fil-A has taken and drive over and make a purchase today. If you choose not to then that's entirely your choice and I support your right to do that.

God Bless America!!!

Edited by Volzfan
Guest HvyMtl

(Psst: I was ranting at the foolishness which caused this event, not at the event. I still regularly frequent this establishment. I do so cause it is a great product at a decent price. I couldnt care less about the politics, cause that is the professional politicians attempting to gain votes, not truly about Chick-fil-a, and its product. The owner's beliefs really should not matter in a free economy.)

Guest rebeldrummer

I could drink that stuff through a straw! My wife actually called one of their stores and tried to buy a case of it for me for our anniversary one year. THey wouldn't do it. :(

wow that is both awesome and sad all at the same time!!! ha ha ha

sad because she could not get it!

(Psst: I was ranting at the foolishness which caused this event, not at the event. I still regularly frequent this establishment. I do so cause it is a great product at a decent price. I couldnt care less about the politics, cause that is the professional politicians attempting to gain votes, not truly about Chick-fil-a, and its product. The owner's beliefs really should not matter in a free economy.)

Except they can and do. If you make your living off of other people choosing to spend money with you over your competition, then saying controversial things can have major effects on your business. Sometimes positive, sometimes negative. Just ask the Dixie Chicks.

• Like 1
Guest rebeldrummer

well the line at the Chik Fil A in Maryville is wrapped AROUND the building!!!

they estimate there are 150+ there currently...

and thats just the ones waiting to get inside!!!

AWESOME!!!

we need to start sharing some pics of this....

30w57vb.jpg

Edited by rebeldrummer

well the line at the Chik Fil A in Maryville is wrapped AROUND the building!!!

they estimate there are 150+ there currently...

and thats just the ones waiting to get inside!!!

AWESOME!!!

we need to start sharing some pics of this....

30w57vb.jpg

Heh... that's only a little worse than the normal lunch rush at that one. It's always swamped.

I hope they publish a single day sales figure.

I enjoyed a liberal free breakfast there this morning. I can give the libs a list of other places to boycott as well. They won't be exposed to seeing a weapon, and I won't be exposed to their stench.

Edited by tnhawk
  • Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

Interesting. Never ate a chikfila to best of recollection, or if I did eat one can't recall. Don't hardly eat out anyway.I recall thinking the prices looked kinda high. Maybe ought to try a chickfila sometime if its really that tasty. I don't eat chicken sammiches from any fast food joint, even Churches, Popeyes or KFC. I love chicken but sammiches am sposed to contain dead cow or dead pig, not dead bird. Dead bird am sposed to have bones, skin and batter, fried crispy in pure cholesterol and dripping saturated fat.

An anti-boycott based on some free speech principle might be more compelling than-- "Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick Fil-A "

I dunno. Maybe I should have gone to a dixie chicks concert to support their courage in speaking out to make customers mad. Just to support free speech. Even if I didn't agree with what they said, and even if I can't stand their music. I guess we should support the free speech rights of a businessman to say whatever he pleases with no economic consequences. :)

If a business owner says bad things about christians, heterosexuals or conservatives, guess we should go eat there as well, to support the fella's right to mouth off with no biz consequences?