Funny how things turn out...

I was looking for a 1911... and ended up with a Glock 17. :hiding: lol

Don't hide under the chair. There's nothing wrong with wanting a gun that works right out of the box. Not a thing wrong with wanting capacity and reliability instead of an antiquated boat anchor.

• Like 1

Someone posted a video here, I think, where they buryed a Glock and a 1911 and then shot them after blowing all the dirt out. I was impressed. Plus, this one has three, 17 rd mags! That's a LOT of firepower, although I'm sure my son will cost me a lot more in ammo when he get trigger happy.

Glock torture tests are interesting to read. I found one where a guy dropped his out of an airplane into a field. He found it caked in mud. I don't recall if he hit it with the garden hose, or just forced the action open a few times, but it worked fine. It did make some marks in the finish, but that's about it.

Edited by monkeylizard

Someone posted a video here, I think, where they buryed a Glock and a 1911 and then shot them after blowing all the dirt out. I was impressed. Plus, this one has three, 17 rd mags! That's a LOT of firepower, although I'm sure my son will cost me a lot more in ammo when he get trigger happy.

Yeah that was me. Let me take a short break from 1911 hatin' long enough to say, There is NOT a more gorgeous work of art in the auto pistol world than a finely built 1911. Likewise, there's few as butt ugly as a glock. The Hi point has it beat for ugly, but still, it's not easy on the eyes. THat's what makes the sentence MIkeGideon posted so very true.

EVERYTHING built by humans is prone to failure. To say otherwise is foolish. BUT, few things in life are as reliable a Glock. I would say that if you G17 ever fails you; YOU are at fault. Not insinuating you'd do something dumb, just making a point. THey work.

Great score by the way, when do we get pictures? Even though it ain't pretty I like to see them. My Glock and my dog get the same compliment from me everyday. Boy you sure ain;t much to look at, but thanks for being here for me. I know I can depend on you.

I like 1911's, and I like Glocks. There's no bigger fan of John Moses Browning than me. I'm also a fan of .45 ACP. In may case, I own a Glock 36 and an officer size 1911. They are the same size, and I have the same type holster for both. My 1911 was tweaked by the 1911 Yoda, and has four Wilson Combat mags to go with it. I have complete faith in the reliability of both guns.

With all that said, the Glock has a much better social life. It's lighter, simpler to operate, and is less likely to get any cosmetic damage with regular carry. The 1911 is cooler, prettier, and has a better trigger. It's just not any better when it comes to defending myself in the real world.

Since the 1911 qualifies for carry, I WILL carry it some day. I just always grab the Glock.

Cosmetic damage. That's another great point Mike. If you drop your Glock, you swear once and move on. I bet if you were to drop you 1911 on the concrete driveway there wouldn't be a person alive who'd wanna be within ten miles of you for the rest of the day. :rofl:

I know if I were to drop my G19...meh, that's what I get for being stupid. If I were to drop my Blackhawk......everyone around me is going to suffer along with me. :pleased:

GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK

1911, 1911, 1911

Always the same story, my dog is bigger than yours, I DO NOT CARE.

Shoot what you want, carry what you want, My EDC, Raven 25,

yea I can hear all of yall now, I DONT CARE, I can hit inside of 10 feet

with it EVERY TIME!!!

Now that being said, I have a G22, MY Son G23, we can share ammo and mags.

I carry the G22 in the truck, Raven in my pocket.

Edited by RED333

I shot a Glock 34 in IDPA for about 3 years and only had a couple of issues out of the thousands and thousands of rounds put through it. That being said, I won't be shooting anything other than a 1911 for a long time. Just a much better trigger more accurate. plus much better looking. Glocks are great though you will never go wrong with one

Yeah that was me. Let me take a short break from 1911 hatin' long enough to say, There is NOT a more gorgeous work of art in the auto pistol world than a finely built 1911. Likewise, there's few as butt ugly as a glock. The Hi point has it beat for ugly, but still, it's not easy on the eyes. THat's what makes the sentence MIkeGideon posted so very true.

EVERYTHING built by humans is prone to failure. To say otherwise is foolish. BUT, few things in life are as reliable a Glock. I would say that if you G17 ever fails you; YOU are at fault. Not insinuating you'd do something dumb, just making a point. THey work.

Great score by the way, when do we get pictures? Even though it ain't pretty I like to see them. My Glock and my dog get the same compliment from me everyday. Boy you sure ain;t much to look at, but thanks for being here for me. I know I can depend on you.

glock17.JPG

Glock torture tests are interesting to read. I found one where a guy dropped his out of an airplane into a field. He found it caked in mud. I don't recall if he hit it with the garden hose, or just forced the action open a few times, but it worked fine. It did make some marks in the finish, but that's about it.

I followed a thread of his for a while. Not only did he drop it out of an airplane, he threw it off the roof of his house onto his concrete driveway. Shot it with a .22LR, buried it in a mixture of baby powder and water...

That was the single thing that caused me to get past my distaste for Plastic Austrian Bricks.

I figured if a Glock could take all of that and still work, then I had no worries of carrying one.

I think I am going to use that as a signature line. I feel that way about my dogs and my Glock