A poll on favorite handgun vs phone OS

Spots

What do you prefer?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which handgun phone combination do you prefer the most?

• 1911 or similar/Android
    • Glock or similiar/Iphone
    • 1911 or similar/Iphone
    • Glock or simliar/Android
    • Other/Other (please specify in post)

SO I've noticed a trend, and it was brought up here once before. I just wanna see if it holds true for 80% or better. Here is what I've noticed. Most people that prefer 1911 style handguns also prefer Android OS. I have come to believe that this has something to do with these people preferring to have more room to tinker and change things to customize it to their perfect setup. Whereas most Glock guys are much less prone to tinker, and seem to like Iphones  and prefer to have a gun and phone that takes no setup, even though it limits the customizing of the gun, or device that can be done. So if you don't mind just answer honestly, and we will see if it pans out. Select the one you like the most, even if you own several different ones.

• Like 1

I require my guns to reliably go bang and be reasonably accurate (just b/c I'm a terrible shot doesn't mean I need any help) and my phones to reliably make calls. My previous Windows mobile phone was thrown out of a moving car in frustration when it refused to make a call and locked up, most of the guns I've ever sold(very few) have had either FTF or FTE errors with my preferred ammo.

I'm currently iPhone/Sig and happy with both.  I would probably have been more inclined to try a glock but from what I've seen they have a less than stellar record with hand cast bullets.

Edited by 2.ooohhh
I own a Glock and an iPhone 4s. If you want to count me in your theory, that's fine but know this: I am a new shooter and I got a glock because I needed a simple, reliable pistol to start with. My next purchase will be a Ruger SR1911. I have the iPhone because I was one of the early-adopters of the platform, with the original. Although it may have changed, I was not fond of the lack of support for Android OS, early on. Now to the tinkering: I have taken apart three of my five iPhones and reassembled them in various manner of different packaging, just to see what abominations I could come up with. Nothing fancy but fun nonetheless. I am taking apart my G26 tonight in order to polish some of the guts and to familiarize myself with all of the parts and their function. I love to tinker but when it comes to firearms, I need it to work when I need it to work. Not knocking the 1911 but it's a bit advanced for me at this time. I will get there eventually. As for Android...and this is my opinion...so don't pull out the pitchforks...the UI sucks. It's always sucked and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

G22, flip phone, takes a pic, text that I dont do, dont know how to well, dont care to learn to get better.

Heck I have a hard time typing and spelling on a real keyboard, dadbunr index fingers get tired and sore.

Ya know "hunt and peck"

I just want to pull the trigger and it to go bang, or dial a number and make a call.

Whereas most Glock guys are much less prone to tinker, and seem to like Iphones  and prefer to have a gun and phone that takes no setup, even though it limits the customizing of the gun, or device that can be done.

I have to counter that logic (that makes good sense - this Android'er is a tinkerer) with another line of thinking. 

I think Glocks and iPhones are awesome.  Both set the standard in their respective markets.  Well, they pretty much created/defined their markets.  I'm a SW99 and Android user.  I also own a 1911 for fun/drooling while the SW's are for carry. 

I chose the SW99s due to their ergonomics, and the XD series was my second choice.  Glock was 3rd in line because I don't follow fads or follow others (and it felt like a 2x4 in my hand).  Glock seems like the go-to pistol to the person new to pistols not because of their excellence, errr Glock Perfection, but the perception most have of them.  

The same can be said for me not going for an iPhone.  I knew one is rock solid, but I don't follow the trend no matter how good the trending thing is. 

1911 and iPhone, of course I have a G19 that I carry occasionally. I'd carry the Glock if I could find a decent holster that doesn't make it ride up to my rib cage. The 1911 is just more comfortable to carry and not print so much. Plus it makes bigger holes.