REPUBLICAN INSIDER: Obama Livid Over Gun Rights Backlash

A brief update from a Republican Insider fighting to renew conservative principles and defeat the globalist Big Government liberalism of Barack Obama and his supporters.

obama_story_4.jpg

(“Like a spoiled brat he can’t believe he had to scrap the original speech for today’s version.”)

Like me you were probably watching the president’s gun control speech today.  Was told this morning the presentation today was a revised version that was completed just last night after a bunch of back and forth between the White House and Senate leaders.  Guessing that would be Harry Reid mostly.  Last week the president was ready to go all in on the executive order scenario.  Confiscation was going to be in play. 

Then the backlash came and it forced Obama to back off.  He didn’t want to but after Reid said it was a no go, and the NRA was preparing to go to war with the White House, the president was given a revised script and that is what we heard this morning.    You could tell too.  Obama stumbled over the words more than usual.  He didn’t have the time to prep the script like he normally does.  Probably fuming he was forced to read the new version also. 

This time WE WON and OBAMA LOST. 

If people want to know how to go at the administration, this is how you do it.  Be informed, and make your voices heard.  This is an example of how the new media I have been telling you about can work against the globalists.  It can be a huge weapon against them.  And a big thank you to the NRA.  It took on Obama and didn’t back off.  A big part of the plan coming from the White House was to cripple the NRA and make it a liability for 2014 and beyond.  That didn’t work and it will be a liability, but one that is going to hurt Democrats, not conservatives.  Big time backfire for the Obama White House.  I was told it “rocked them on their heels”.  They fundamentally don’t understand the American people and they didn’t see this backlash coming.  They have the media, and the glossy presentations, but they don’t really understand the American people and this debate was a pure example of that being played out.  I love it!

Congrats to the state governments that were willing to voice opposition too.  They did that and took on a lot of risk.  Heard a list is being made and federal dollars might be taken away from them.  Those state leaders knew that could happen but took on the administration anyways.  That’s real leadership and courage being put on display for all of us and voters living in those states need to let those leaders know it is appreciated.  You know how I feel about how important the 10th Amendment is, and today was also a big victory for the 10th Amendment against the Obama White House.

Now from here it’s clear Obama wants to try and use the issue as leverage for the 2014 midterms.   They are hoping they can salvage something out of what became a fiasco for them.   I just don’t sense enough Democrats willing to play along on this one though.  Apparently the NRA and some other groups were lining up primary challengers to Democrats who went along with the president’s gun control plans and letting those Democrats know it was coming.  That scared the heck out of them.  Barack Obama is entering his lame duck phase, and the Democrats know it.  After 2014 he becomes a museum piece.  The president knows that too and it’s really ticking him off.  We have to rub that in his face 24/7 while also building the conservative base back up into the kind of powerful entity it should be. 

When people get involved, and make some noise, they still have the power.  Use the new media, contact the lawmakers both state and federal, and talk to the people around you.  That is power.  That is what makes America so great and that is what happened today. 

The president had his little moment, and was pretending it meant something, but he said nothing.  That 21 (23) point plan or whatever it was, was hollow.  It was a gutted version of what he was hoping to do as recently as a few days ago.  Instead, he had to roll over and made a weak threat to Congress but that threat starts in the Senate and they already told him to shut up.  Obama backed off.  He lost this time, and it was all because of the American people.  His media will try to spin it as something different, and if he gets another chance, the president will be right back to pushing for confiscation, but for now, we won this particular fight.

This victory is a lot bigger than you’ll hear in the regular media.  It’s a lot bigger than anyone who stood their ground will ever know about.  The Obama White House was trying to go very big on this gun control thing, and couldn’t pull it off.  And Barack Obama is livid about it.  Like a spoiled brat he can’t believe he had to scrap the original speech for today’s version.

Today was a great day for the good guys.  Of course, there’s always another fight just around the corner, so we have to be ready.  Let your readers know they did a great job on this.  Each of them were a part of forcing the president to back off.  Let’s do it again!

-RI

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/01/16/republican-insider-obama-livid-over-gun-rights-backlash/

• Like 1

Yeah, there's no possible way he would've ever tried to push through 20+ EO's in one day. Maybe 2 or 3, but not 20 and these weren't written in the past few days, they've been in some filing cabinet just waiting

Interestin read.  Thanks for posting it.  I think the analysis is dead on target.  This is the first time in my memory that Nobama acted like there wuz more than one branch of government.  Evidently Reid and the real politians in the demorat party explained to him that this one wuz a looser and probably threatened to distance themselves from him or even openly oppose him if he stirred anything controversial up or tried any of the imperious law breakin stuff here.  I seem to remember seein the other day that even the great "godfather" Rahm had come to washington.  My guess is that he got over-ruled too.  I think this is a big deal (...just as the analysis said...).  It is the first time that the imperious Nobama has been taken to the woodshed by anybody from either party.  This is a big deal and a big loss for him on a personal basis.

Remember, Nobama is a "lame duck" president.  More than that, he is the most polarizing president we have had in modern times.  His imperious, overbearing, "smartest guy in the room" style is catching up with him.  The first rule of politics is that you have to win elections (...a basic lesson the dammed republicans need to learn....).  Nobama wont be running in anymore elections (....thank God....); and more and more folks are findin out what he really is.

Thanks to all who have worked to make this happen.

keep your powder dry.

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 2

Soros must not have the vote rigging completed, like I thought. That's the way things happen in DC every day. Reid could

very well told Obama he wouldn't be his puppet in 2014 if he went full blown marxist. Politicians like Reid would stoop to

screwing Obama if he did that. Loyalties are measured in seconds, after the latest betrayal.

If the article is true, I wish he hadn't changed the speach. If he wants to do a all out ban and confiscation, he should tell it in his speach. Not just make a speach that people want to hear, all the while privately trying to push a for more bans.

If the article is true, I wish he hadn't changed the speach. If he wants to do a all out ban and confiscation, he should tell it in his speach. Not just make a speach that people want to hear, all the while privately trying to push a for more bans.

Well, if he did that, he wouldn't be very good at politics then, would he?   :up:   I agree with you, but if he's anything, he is a master at politics.  We might be wise to not think to highly of ourselves after today.  We should probably keep our voices heard in constructive ways throughout the next 4 years.

Quoted from somewhere else:

'I think a lot of what was done was purely political in the same sense that has marked Obama's entire time in office.

He put most of the responsibility on Congress. He will take credit if he gets his way, or beat Republicans with the failure stick if he doesn't.

If you were Obama, would you rather have wins on individual issues, or would you rather use issues to destroy your opponents so you could eventually win everything?'

• Administrator

lol... you guys saying this article is just "feel good propaganda" need to consider the White House press office document that I posted in the other thread and how it lines up with this story.  That document had an embargo on it preventing it from being distributed until the President started his speech this morning.  It was not to be distributed until he began his talking points.

Clearly what he said and what the document outlines are shades apart from each other.  The document outlines what he wants; what he said was a watered down version.

Don't assume the Administration won't be trying to push ahead.  The speech today was simple slight of hand.  A diversionary tactic meant to get us to let our guard down.  You saw evidence of it on TGO initially when people were saying, "Oh well - that wasn't so bad.  He didn't say anything that we already didn't know about."

Like I said earlier; if you think the 21 or 23 points are what he had in mind, dream on.  There's more.  That was the tip of the iceberg and his handlers knew better than to let their man show his hand while they're facing strong opposition from our side.  They're hoping we forget and become complacent again once the guns and ammo start showing back up in the stores, and then they'll let loose with a surprise left hook while we're not watching.

Be smarter than that, folks.  Remain vigilant.

• Like 9

Yeah, there's no possible way he would've ever tried to push through 20+ EO's in one day. Maybe 2 or 3, but not 20 and these weren't written in the past few days, they've been in some filing cabinet just waiting

???

He signed all 23 of them. Today.

btw, I give the story very little credence.

- OS

• Like 1
Yeah, I'm with most here. He was willing to try to push gun confiscation through be executive order, but due to "shocking" backlash from the NRA, he gave all of it up for the BS he presented today? Nah. I simply don't buy it. I spoke with a top secret Republican insider today too, and he said Obama was planning on ordering state control over all businesses in America, but backed off after a uprising backlash from the Chamber of Commerce. Seriously, that story makes no sense.

However, nobody who has been paying attention should be surprised that he supports the legislative proposals listed in the press briefing document. I called that one days ago in conversations with friends. He's not stupid enough to think he could override the entire Second Amendment by XO and get away with it.

He's not stupid enough to think he could override the entire Second Amendment by XO and get away with it.

Yep, but it's real sobering to know that he would if he could.

Quite the American President we have here. And this guy is about to be sworn in AGAIN.... sheeez, what a scam.

He signed executive actions, not executive orders... They're different things

Ah, okay, thanks.

Poor reporting. Have to really dig to find the fine points, here's a source:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/01/obama-23-executive-orders-actions-gun-control.html

The White House site does not show a category for "executive actions", it uses the catchall "presidential actions", but divides them into Executive Orders, Presidential Memoranda, and Proclamations.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions

So, you're absolutely right. At least so far -- I say that because only three of the 23 show at all on the site yet, and each is a Memorandum.

What are the other 20 going to be?

- OS

Yeah, I'm with most here. He was willing to try to push gun confiscation through be executive order, but due to "shocking" backlash from the NRA, he gave all of it up for the BS he presented today? Nah. I simply don't buy it. I spoke with a top secret Republican insider today too, and he said Obama was planning on ordering state control over all businesses in America, but backed off after a uprising backlash from the Chamber of Commerce. Seriously, that story makes no sense.

However, nobody who has been paying attention should be surprised that he supports the legislative proposals listed in the press briefing document. I called that one days ago in conversations with friends. He's not stupid enough to think he could override the entire Second Amendment by XO and get away with it.

As Dave said never let your guard down but it's hard to imagine King Hussien would even think about an EO pushing confiscation, that would definatly push many many many many many many people over the edge but maybe that naive tyrrant really thought he could pull something like that off. Anyway, they are going for more and that's a fact, just what and when.

Quite the American President we have here. And this guy is about to be sworn in AGAIN.... sheeez, what a scam.

I'm not going to call him President, I refuse to give him any respect whatsoever, he's crapping all over the office and constitution so I consider him an intruder.

• Like 2