Midway bans sales to all states' LEO where civillians are restricted

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/midway-no-leo-mag-and-ammo-sales-where-civilian-bans-apply/

Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition.  Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.

On Behalf of Larry, Thanks For Your Business,
Eric Ellingson
Contact Center Supervisor
MidwayUSA
NRA Endowment Member

Looks like the snowball has started!

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 8
Now THIS is a good start. One more reason to love Midway.

I'm kind of surprised that Larry Potterfield isn't more effective in ending bans just by asking. It's not a political clout thing, as I've heard it said "that guy could sell genocide with a smile"'

Lets keep voting in the online polls, keep calls, emails and letters to Congress.

I can't help but feel that the widespread outpouring of sentiment and support for our rights, and letting these business supporters know we appreciate their help; will give us a more than fighting chance of stopping this anti-weapons ban again.

But it must not slack off. Keep it up, my brothers. 

• Like 2

This makes the $1000+ that I've spent in the last month with them feel a lot better!

I know it's a large sum of money, but doesn't it feel good to be more prepared?

I don't know what I've spent with Midway, probably not that much recently. But I did place an order on the afternoon of the Newtown shootings with CDNN. Based on what I was hearing from the media bigmouths, I ordered 48 assorted pistol and rifle mags. Just wish I'd ordered about 5/6 more cases of ammo as well.

All those government contracts mean very little in the long run. This is a good trend with gun manufacturers and now

Midway. I expect more to follow. Our government may need the security and comfort of having all those bullets when

all they have left are bullets and no people to pay for them. Lines are actually being drawn. Maybe more people will

understand capitalism is what makes this country work, not a bunch of welfare cheats.

AWESOME!!! Now we need the big three to step up to the plate!!!  We need S&W, Glock and Sig Sauer to step up to the plate and do the samething!!!

I went to each of the Big Three's Facebook pages and posted this.  I urge all of you that have FB pages and to do the same!!!

S&W, Glock and Sig Sauer, we need you to support other firearms and firearms accessories

manufacturers and sellers, in standing up to tyrannical Federal, State

and Local governments that do not support the 2nd Amendment and the

Constitution of the United States of America. Please join the boycott

and stop selling your products to those entities. If we lose this

fight, not only do we, the citizens of the United States, stand to lose a

vital individual right, but you, as a company, stand to lose profits

from private individual sells! Please join forces with the other

companies that have already stepped up and are boycotting these

Government bodies!!!

My opinion of Midway just went up, they were high before, but now they are higher.  I think I received the same Cheaper than dirt email, it prompted me to be removed from thier mailing list.  Cheaper than dirt, hmmm, I prefer the dirt! 

I wish they would refuse to sell to anyone, including distributors and FFL's, in the affected states. If not then the gov't and LE agencies will just buy from the dealers. I know a lot of officers and 90% of them buy from dealers right now, very few order their equipment or other items online. This statement doesn't mean squat unless they refuse to sell to EVERYONE in the affected states that LE might be able to buy from.

I spend more money with Midway than all other places combined. I will continue to order from and support them 100% but their statement, along with every other one we have heard lately, means nothing without a total blockade.

Dolomite

• Like 2