Mindy McCready Dead

Guest Sgt. Joe

I have been through some darn tough times in my life to include losing my firstborn son at 17 and later being totally homeless for a spell but I have never understood how someone could get soooo depressed that they could take their own lives.

The only times I can even get close to understanding it is when some fool takes others lives and then their own, they are simply cowards and I can wrap my brain around that concept.

But my best friend from HS was at fault in a DUI accident that resulted in two deaths and a few years later on the anniversary of the accident he took his own life too. I understand his demons and why he had them but I still can not understand how he was able to do that and really wish he had called me as he had done in the past. 

A girl that I almost married did the same and I am totally clueless about her also and I have known a few others who just left one day?

I dont know whether to think of the people who do this as being strong enough to end it all themselves or too weak to cope or something completely indifferent. Suicide is something I dont think I will ever understand, but I know I am not alone with those thoughts

May the young lady rest in peace and her children enjoy a wonderful life anyway.

It's sad, but I think her children will be better off.  She was one crazy woman. I think she probably killed her BF and knew what was coming.  

"redacted w respect to golden rule"She caused a lot of misery that never got published.She was given chance after chance,and wouldnt suck it up and lead a productive life. I do question the alleged suicide although i havent seen the autopsy on him. Its sad she left those kids and killed their dog.Again Karma is a bitch....or in this case extreme.

Edited by Dustbuster

she was a sociopath,con artist,and then some.She caused a lot of misery that never got published.She was given chance after chance,and wouldnt suck it up and lead a productive life. I do question the alleged suicide although i havent seen the autopsy on him. Its sad she left those kids and killed their dog.Again Karma is a bitch....or in this case extreme.

At least family members intervened and had her kids taken away before she decided to off herself.  No telling what she would have done. 

At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own actions, even if the circumstances we find ourselves in were not of our own doing or foreseeable.  In her case she is 100% responsible for her station in life, so I have a hard time feeling sympathy for her.  I do, however, feel for her kids, just like I feel for the kids of servicemembers who are killed in Afghanistan every day while serving their country, while that same country glorifies the life of a scummy piece of trailer trash semen depository that was Mindy McCready.

It is a shame those babies will grow up without their biological mother, but really, how good of a mother did she turn out to be? Shooting the dog makes sense. If she was self centered enough to kill herself she probably thought the dog would eat and disfigure her. It has been known to happen.

My take on suicide is anyone who does it has tried, or thought about it, for a long time. They are wired differently from day one. A truly suicidal person will manage to kill themselves no matter how much help, or how loving a family they have. Even those that never gave any indication they had suicidal thoughts. They did and kept them hidden.

I may be wrong...

I agree that this is tragic, but at the end of the day, she is the one who pulled the trigger and therefore she alone is responsible. 

I wonder how long it will take for the gun grabbers to latch onto this and start dancing in her blood too? Can't you just hear it? "This just proves that you are a gazillion more times likely to off yourself if you have a gun in the home".

Could you link the article please where it says she also killed her dog? I am not finding anything on the major news websites about it ..

Second paragraph in the OP's link.
"A source tells E! News that neighbors reportedly heard gunshots at McCready's house and called the police. "She shot herself and the dog," the insider adds"

I'm not familiar with her music and didn't know who she was but the story has been on my mind all morning because of the dog she murdered.  If you want to do yourself in, fine, that's your choice.  Taking someone with you, even a dog, is disturbing.   

• Like 1