Time to beat the dead horse some more.

I know this has been talked about on her before but I haven't seen anything recently.

The Tennessee Handgun carry permit badges.

Yha that topic again, walked into a gun store that I've never been in today and every single person working there had one on and was also selling them in the case. I almost asked what force he was on till I noticed one of them was the round design, then I seen them in the case.

I keep thinking this is a bad idea unless someone here can prove me wrong.

It is a really bad idea. It only serves to embolden an idiot even more than carrying a firearm. It allows people to wrongfully intimidate or scare people. And finally I think anyone with a badge is impersonating LE.

I met a guy who had one. He said he was either going to wear it on his belt or around his neck. He said he would be able to flash his badge to prevent a crime. He also said when, not if, he had to shot someonoe he could wave his badge to responding LE so they won't shoot or arrest him. I never talked to or seen him again to see how well his plans worked out but I susoect they didn't.

• Like 8

Just be sure to get the black patent leather badge case to go with it. That'll complete the look for you. Hange it off the breast pocket of your suit jacket and you'll be prepared for anything that happens. :down:

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
They even teach HCP classes and tried to talk my wife into one before she told them she already was signed up for this Saturday somewhere else.

I got a good deal on a odd ball pistol (Grendel P12) I've wanted for my collection but I'll probably not step foot in there again.

I met a guy who had one. He said he was either going to wear it on his belt or around his neck. He said he would be able to flash his badge to prevent a crime. He also said when, not if, he had to shot someonoe he could wave his badge to responding LE so they won't shoot or arrest him. I never talked to or seen him again to see how well his plans worked out but I susoect they didn't.

That doesn't even happen while wearing a real badge. Hilarious!

Funny, I have been in that place once and, without even knowing that was the place you were talking about, my one visit there was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the OP.

When I went they had only just recently opened and the only person there was a guy who I assume was the owner.  I, too, at first thought he was a LEO - because of the badge - but then noticed it was an HCP badge.  He honestly seemed like a nice enough guy but I pretty much decided right then that I probably wouldn't be going back in there.  So far, I haven't.

Edited by JAB

At the risk of offending someone reading this, I would suggest that the person who would buy such as "badge" as anything other than a joke is exactly the same type of person who probably shouldn't be carrying around a firearm in the first place.

I know...I know...it's his"right" and I agree that it is...it's just that sometimes I think it's a shame that having a "right" doesn't guarantee the mental capacity to exercise it properly and safely.

• Like 6
Guest mechanically
Curious; is this an "official looking" sleeve someone can slip their HCP card into, or more like a metal LE badge that simply proclaims "HCP" boldly? Either way, it's not for me... Edited by mechanically

Curious; is this an "official looking" sleeve someone can slip their HCP card into, or more like a metal LE badge that simply proclaims "HCP" boldly? Either way, it's not for me...

Full on, honest-to-goodness, metal (?), Junior Dick Tracy, official-looking shield of a badge.  There are different styles but many of them don't even really proclaim HCP all that boldly.  More like 'Handgun Carry Permit' or some variation thereof in semi-small letters positioned around the 'seal' that is on the shield.

Edited by JAB

Full on, honest-to-goodness, metal (?), Junior Dick Tracy, official-looking shield of a badge.  There are different styles but many of them don't even really proclaim HCP all that boldly.  More like 'Handgun Carry Permit' or some variation thereof in semi-small letters positioned around the 'seal' that is on the shield.

tnhandgunbadge1.JPG

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/2-pk-of-concealed-carry-badges.aspx?a=777436

Yes, really.