Is there a universal concealed carry emblem or symbol?

Guest wolfcheck

Guest wolfcheck

I saw this decal of am "emblem" on a guy's website that he says stands for "concealed carry," like a solid black decal with a blue line across the middle stands for police ("thin blue line"). This decal was solid blue with a gold stripe across the middle. I can't find this anywhere on the web except this guy's website (www.legallyarmed.com). Anybody know if this is true or is this guy making it all up?

If you are permitted to carry a handgun that's between you and the State.

The guy is full of shit and only trying to sell you a sticker.  Everyone knows that a gun show conceal carry badge hanging from a chain around your neck is the only proper badge of honor.

• Like 8

Why would I use a decal or anything else to draw attention to the fact I have a concealed weapon?  That seems to defeat the advantages of concealing it from the public.  :rofl:

Edited by tnhawk
  • Like 1

I've heard of this website before from somewhere...I've no idea from where!

I've heard nothing/know nothing about this symbol.

It's Gene Kennedy's website. He's the publisher of the annual "TN Handgun Permit Manual"-- you see them in gun shops all over. He also sells "HCP wallets". While the manual is pretty helpful (it contains permit laws for all 50 states and is updated every year), I kind of chuckle at the HCP wallet thing. But that's just me. Some folks have a problem with Gene... I don't know the man well enough to cast judgement.

Re-reading your post, I'm wondering if you were being sarcastic and I just missed it. :stunned:

Edited by tartanphantom

As far as decals or signs, There is one I'm sure that would work. A bullseye, since having any sort of emblem or decal letting someone know you are a HCP holder is just one and the same.

Conceal means conceal( you don't want anyone to see you or know you carry). Open carry, it is your right but I wouldn't want anyone to get a heads up to that either.

If you are permitted to carry a handgun that's between you and the State.

The guy is full of #### and only trying to sell you a sticker.  Everyone knows that a gun show conceal carry badge hanging from a chain around your neck is the only proper badge of honor.

Too funny.

I have thought of getting one of these for the novelty of it. You know kind of like the Zombie rounds. Of course I would never let it leave my house and would sure never be caught carrying it. That would be just asking for trouble. I'm sure the real LEOs could get pretty nasty about those.

I believe this is what you're looking for.
http://www.ammoland.com/2011/06/baltimore-police-issue-2nd-amendment-decal-warning/

I was reading this article and found a couple of interesting replies, which I'll post below, that seem to show how our government has taken us, and where they hope to eventually arrive. One is about 10 replies down, the other maybe 15 or so down.

First reply:
"Here’s what I don’t get: per Cockrum (cited above by ‘Don’) it appears absolutely clear that the right to bear arms is innate; it does not derive from the State (or state), and – per the 2nd Amendment – must not be infringed. Not ‘must not be infringed except if we decide it must’ or anything of that nature. The text is absolutely clear and only a whip-licker would try to embroider in wiggle room for the State.
So why do people persist in talking about ‘legal’ permits? (I’m looking at you, ‘heather’)
Any entity that requires a permit to obtain or carry a weapon, is infringing the INNATE right to bear arms.
If the legal system is not prepared to abide by its own precedents AND pay proper service to the document set up to restrict the powers of the central government, then free men ought to pay attention to what Jefferson wrote about systems that need to be overthrown.
Here in Australia, the population has been more or less completely disarmed; the only people with weapons are criminals (‘criminal’ means anybody who earns their crust by force or fraud… which I take to include the organised crime gang that forces obeisance to the whim of the tax-eaters).
Fortunately, the State (globally) has done such an abysmal job of managing public finances, that it now faces a requirement to jack up taxes to levels that will result in its overthrow: future unfunded liabilities for politicians’ promises are now so large that it would require tax rates of over 65%, PLUS a reduction of government services to literally zero, to balance future budgets.
People won’t work for 3 days in 5 in order to pay the parasites who live in palaces at our expense.
We are nearing ‘Jefferson Territory’ globally… and folks like me do what we can to degrade government’s information-gathering and -storage apparatus in preparation for that day."

Second reply:
"Here’s what I don’t get: per Cockrum (cited above by ‘Don’) it appears absolutely clear that the right to bear arms is innate; it does not derive from the State (or state), and – per the 2nd Amendment – must not be infringed. Not ‘must not be infringed except if we decide it must’ or anything of that nature. The text is absolutely clear and only a whip-licker would try to embroider in wiggle room for the State.
So why do people persist in talking about ‘legal’ permits? (I’m looking at you, ‘heather’)
Any entity that requires a permit to obtain or carry a weapon, is infringing the INNATE right to bear arms.
If the legal system is not prepared to abide by its own precedents AND pay proper service to the document set up to restrict the powers of the central government, then free men ought to pay attention to what Jefferson wrote about systems that need to be overthrown.
Here in Australia, the population has been more or less completely disarmed; the only people with weapons are criminals (‘criminal’ means anybody who earns their crust by force or fraud… which I take to include the organised crime gang that forces obeisance to the whim of the tax-eaters).
Fortunately, the State (globally) has done such an abysmal job of managing public finances, that it now faces a requirement to jack up taxes to levels that will result in its overthrow: future unfunded liabilities for politicians’ promises are now so large that it would require tax rates of over 65%, PLUS a reduction of government services to literally zero, to balance future budgets.
People won’t work for 3 days in 5 in order to pay the parasites who live in palaces at our expense.
We are nearing ‘Jefferson Territory’ globally… and folks like me do what we can to degrade government’s information-gathering and -storage apparatus in preparation for that day. "

Now notice that the second reply is from a person in Australia and has already been down the river the democrats, and some republicans, are paddling us down at ever increasing speed.
Guest confidence

Conceal carry badges are completely bogus and ridiculous. It's just giving into the idea that having a gun on your hip automatically means you are a bad guy unless you have a cracker jack box badge displayed. Also, you are going to come way too close for comfort to be charged with impersonating a police officer.

Stay away!

I think that's the guy at the gunshows sells a folder of gun laws in TN. Promises to send you an updates if and when they occur for your $10 or whatever it is. Never heard from him again and the info is nothing you can't find on the web.