What is the stupidest firearm accessory you have ever purchased and why?

Everybody has bought something for their gun that minutes, hours or days later thought 'why the #%*^ did I buy this,' and why? Mine is the fishbone muzzle break for my ar15. It was for sale on a deal a day site and so I bought it. Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I am using it on one of my uppers but I have no reason to own it. It is heavy, pointy (so I cover it with a heavy plastic baggy while in the case) and it is loud. It does reduce recoil by a lot, but honestly, there is hardly any on my AR as it is. I feel slightly embarrassed every time I shoot it at the range when there is somebody on either side of me as I know they will be getting faces full of back blast. I only paid $20 for it so at least there is that. It was cheap, but so far, it is my stupidest accessory purchase, hands down. http://mogunparts.com/index.php/ar15/guntec/muzzle-attachments/guntec-usa-steel-fishbone-style-muzzle-brake-for-ar-15-223-barrel.html Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by jcluff
Guest Bonedaddy

I'll say after market mags for the Mini, too. Just damn junk, they are. Stick with Ruger's own. Though, for some reason, a friends Mini seems to like his Tapco mags. Go figger?

Guest Bonedaddy

I think the next thing would be a Hogue stock for the Mini. Although, I loved the way it felt, it totally screwed the accuracy of my Mini. With the ATI tactical stock it was purdy dang accurate but not so with the Hogue. I think the Hogue flexed far too much, makin' the piston distort the barrel at fire. Put the ATI back on and it's all good, again.

Guest Aces&8s

ATI stock for an SKS.  My Norinco had already been Bubba'd when I got it, and I thought that a folding stock had to be better than the monte carlo style it came with...  I was wrong.

Guest TankerHC
Laser light combo for a Hi Point 4595TS. Before that a Hi Point 4595TS. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by TankerHC

A Crimson Trace Grip and another laser of some sort. You would have thought that I would have leaned my lesson the first time. No, lasers are about useless, both times I have been more accurate with the sights.

yup ..... prolly my laser as well. Thought that it would make me as good a shot as Annie Oakley but it is more of a distraction than anything. 

Mine is the fishbone muzzle break for my ar15. It was for sale on a deal a day site and so I bought it. Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I am using it on one of my uppers but I have no reason to own it. It is heavy, pointy (so I over it with a heavy plastic baggy) and it is loud. It does reduce recoil by a lot, but honestly, there is hardly any on my AR as it is. I feel slightly embarrassed every time I shoot it at the range when there is somebody on either side of me as I know they will be getting faces full of back blast. I only paid $20 for it so at least there is that.

It was cheap, but so far, it is my stupidest accessory purchase, hands down.

http://mogunparts.com/index.php/ar15/guntec/muzzle-attachments/guntec-usa-steel-fishbone-style-muzzle-brake-for-ar-15-223-barrel.html

I bought this also. I hated it and used it on only one range trip. :/

They are legion...

But two that immediately stand out are:

Very early production laser for a Beretta 9mm...only slightly smaller than a howitzer...and not even close to visible past 3 feet in daylight...

Scherer aftermarket Glock magazines during the Clinton Gun Ban era...great for malfunction practice...but that was about all.

Thank God for OEM, KCI, and Kahn Glock mags.

Guest TankerHC

M1 carbine stock for my ruger 10/22.
Very thin very slippery finish. Complete Chinese garbage.

Knock off Chinese la rue buis.

When did you buy it? The M1 Carbine stock

Edited by TankerHC