500,000 rounds of 22 - Brentwood, TN

Guest devline

IMHO- this is still a free market economy and they can charge whatever they want for their ammo. I don't have to buy it.

Absolutely. Other than folks being a little, well... :mad: :rant: :cry: :bat:  about high prices & low availability of ammo compared to the past, this *is* the free market at work. Yes, I think this particular ammo is over-priced, but they haven't harmed me one bit. They could ask $500 a brick, and I wouldn't be mad. I'd simply decide to not buy that product if I can find a comparable product at a better price somewhere else.

Ironically, I find it more surprising that retailers are selling a product at below current market value, with no quantity limits, just to watch it disappear in the blink of an eye by hungry shoppers. As a business owner, that tells me the product is under-priced. As a consumer, though, I'm not going to complain. I'll keep my eyes open for good deals when they come around.

I like to think of it this way: If the number of people who do the work that I do is limited, and the demand increased substantially, employers would be falling all over themselves in a bidding war to get me to work for them. I wouldn't be unhappy. ;)

Edited by NashvilleStage

It is time everyone just quits shooting .22LR until the madness ends.  No one is doing anyone a favor by perpetuating these kinds of prices.  That ammo is barely worth .04/rd.  I paid stupid prices for some Eley and other subsonic "match" ammo, but only once cause I had never seen the particular brand before. But I am done, stick a fork in me.  "Gun" guys stabbing other gun guys in the back.  Sickening... 

I have pretty much done exactly this (except pay the stupid prices).

When I see it at the right price I buy it otherwise I hang on to what I have for hunting & for my girl to shoot. I feel I have been blessed in finding a few rounds.

As long as there is someone to pay a jacked up price then there is someone that will pay it. 

Thank the OP for posting the place so I will make sure not to go there. I still have a few online places that I will never visit in the same for the same reason!.

Is it more or less foolish to buy a $70 brick there, or to spend $50 in gas going from Wal Mart to Wal Mart trying to find a $20 brick in stock? Some people have more money than others. Some have more time than others. Some must have more patience than others.

I'm glad there are different types of businesses set up to cater to different types of customers.

• Like 3

At this rate, by the time I figure it's okay to go shoot some .22's I will have to do more cleaning on my ammo than my guns. I'll let an inch of dust build up before I pay that for a brick, and just keep shootin the .223 until this mess breaks.

• Like 1

Free market?  I don't think so when shills of sellers line up at walmart when the truck comes in or others perpetuate some cyber myth that the gov'ment is buying all the .22 ammo and then sends it out in 20 bold font? Granted there is a shortage of sorts but it is being exacerbated by ammo profiteers who are utilizing something akin to a psyop campaign.  Just simply "alleged gun guys" sticking it to fellow gun guys.  The down side is that if and when the market corrects the "real" price will remain higher longer due to "unnatural" market manipulation. 

Good thing that .22LR hasn't reached the status of a food staple.  Imagine what would happen if our primary daily staple was bread and a gang came in to buy all the bread each day all at once, then resell it at 4 times their cost.  Would this be touted as "free market?"

• Like 1

they can kiss my butt.   I expect gouging out of the gun show resellers.  Not legitimate businesses.  That is no way to do business.

I work for a guy who had made a fortune off of fair and solid pricing.  He does not gouge even when the door is open to do so, (ie: Pappy)  

Screw these guys,  I wish no one would buy it.

• Like 3

Well, they're certainly generating lots of good press, and TGO has helped some. :):

------------

Mike Smiley Are you serious ? That's nothing to brag about , that's insane. Won't be shopping with you.

John Opinski Not at that price,no thanks . Just lost me as a future customer.

John M. Edwards I'll never darken your door at those prices.

Seth Thomas Pretty high price for 22, this is odd because their prices on other stuff are pretty reasonable.

DeeDee Phelps Does that come with a free ASS RIPPING?

Joseph Wall You can keep it at that price

Noah Warren Yikes. No thanks.

Neil Owens That's $0.16 a round after tax. That's ridiculous.

Shannon Hall-Hardway No way. Only an idjit would pay that much for rimfire.

Mark Krisle You can keep it. SMH

Mike Cooper Those are crazy, gun show, gouger prices. I hope nobody buys a single round!

Randy O'Neal HOLY COW!

-------------

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Anyone notice that they only have 681 "likes" on that Facebook page? I could make a page for my dog and generate that many "likes" by the end of this weekend. I guess when you advertise prices such as this it doesn't garner many fans.

• Like 2
Well we can't really accuse them of price gouging unless we knew for sure how much they paid for this ammo, but 2 scenarios seem to come to mind... 1 - they got it reasonably cheap and are indeed price gouging. This seems at least a little unlikely, however, as so few of the smaller local shops have any 22 in stock at all, you would think they had to sell their first-born child to get 1000 bricks delivered under current market conditions. 2 - they had to pay a steep premium to get that much ammo, and are just selling it at a reasonable profit level similar to their other products. If scenario 1 is the case then they risk offending a lot of folks and losing business in the future. Thus they would be trading short term profit for long term loss, not a very smart business decision. If scenario 2 is the case then at the very least they are guilty of a terrible marketing decision, as they should have realized how bad the high price would be perceived by most, resulting in long term loss. A much better marketing approach would have been to explain their higher cost and offer to sell the ammo at or near cost, or perhaps even a little below cost to inspire other purchases and long term loyalty. So no matter how you slice it, they seem to have made a bad business decision. And they seem to have a special connection somewhere to have even received that much ammo to begin with. Unless the supply is starting to recover, in which case we should all be rejoicing soon. Hmmm....
  • Like 1

I guess it a shame I am at the indy 500 this weekend cause my ati 22 is 25.99 per 500 round brick

if any of work at Conway freight in Nashville I got a skid of it there as well cant get it till monday

FIFY, have a good time.

I went once, had a great time.

Guest semiautots

I guess it a shame I am at the indy 1500 this weekend cause my ati 22 is 25.99 per 500 round brick

if any of work at Conway freight in Nashville I got a skid of it there as well cant get it till monday

That's a LONG race.  Have a great time!

I know everyone is pissed at EW now (and I don't really blame us), but has anyone gone by to see how the ammo is selling at the ridiculous price?

The bottom line is, as long as people are buying it at inflated prices, it ain't gonna get any cheaper.   :rant:

A status report would be awesome.  A status report that says EW is sitting on 1.9 pallets of .22LR would be even more awesome. 

Edited by dcloudy777
  • Like 2

A status report that says EW is sitting on 1.9 pallets of .22LR would be even more awesome. 

Now *that's* the way to do it! LOL. Nothing like tens of thousands of dollars in inventory just sitting there, collecting dust. And since it's not moving, offer them $20 a brick just to do them a favor & take it off their hands. :woohoo:

• Admin Team

I know everyone is pissed at EW now (and I don't really blame us), but has anyone gone by to see how the ammo is selling at the ridiculous price?

The bottom line is, as long as people are buying it at inflated prices, it ain't gonna get any cheaper.   :rant:

A status report would be awesome.  A status report that says EW is sitting on 1.9 pallets of .22LR would be even more awesome. 

You have more faith in humanity than I do...

Seriously.  It's 2 pallets of rimfire ammo sitting in Brentwood.  Some dude's already bought it at asking price and is treating it as an arbitrage opportunity selling it to his "friends" at $100/brick.  "Hey man, I was able to score some ammo, you in?"

I hope the market turns at some point and a lot of resellers are caught with ammo they paid too much for.  This is not likely to be that ammo, though.

Seriously, though.  If someone gets a situation report, let us know

• Like 1