500,000 rounds of 22 - Brentwood, TN

Guest devline

Guest Skyline034
I'm just gonna assume they must have spent too much on it...I went in and saw it on the shelf and it's Armscor Hollowpoints. I've always had good luck there when passing through Brentwood and their prices on everything else seemed good. Not defending them in any way but I've always been treated great there and unless something changed I'll chalk this up to them just paying too much for it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess when I left a comment on the Facebook post last night it showed up on my feed because I just looked at it and my grandfather had liked it...SMH he enjoys liking things on Facebook that I have commented on but doesn't seem to enjoy reading to see if it was a negative comment  :shrug:

I guess when I left a comment on the Facebook post last night it showed up on my feed because I just looked at it and my grandfather had liked it...SMH he enjoys liking things on Facebook that I have commented on but doesn't seem to enjoy reading to see if it was a negative comment  :shrug:

Like doesn't mean just "like". Because that's the only option, it gets shoe-horned into all sorts of uses.

[quote name="serbu50" post="1125015" timestamp="1394908374"]See, .08-.10 a round for a family day or nice spring day shooting is ok... It's the .17 a round that you might as well shoot 5.45 at .16 a round and move back to 300 yards.[/quote] 0.08-0.10 per round is NOT ok in my books, not when the normal non-panic price was 0.02-0.03 per round. If we all start accepting 0.08-0.10 per round as the new normal then it will never drop back down. Sure, I've purchased a few bricks for friends and students at $40 per box during the panic, but this was only to allow them to shoot when no cheaper alternative existed, and I only purchased this from private parties. If buying from a store or dealer I would never spend more than $30 per brick delivered, otherwise we will cause inflation.
  • Admin Team
If you believe $0.10+ is the new normal, then you better get centerfire while you can, because you're living in a time where the rest of the market is underpriced but the manufacturers haven't jacked prices up, yet.

That's the problem. If they figure out the market will bear these prices, then sport shooters are done. Even if you reload, component cost will eventually price most of us out.
  • Like 1
As long as the resellers keep buying it at .03-.05 a round, the suppliers have no idea what the market price demands. So I don't buy the " they will jack the prices because we pay .15 a round. The first buyer IS paying normal prices. It's the reseller market we need to control and worry about. So as far as the numbers go, the manufacturers and wholesales people think... The market is paying .03-.04. Think about that. They have no record or trace of the gunbroker or armalist market value. Edited by serbu50
Guest semiautots

If our free market works, we will have more entrants into the .22 market, driving prices lower.  It will take some time, but if a manufacturer can make 100% profit, that market will invite more players.  Always happens.

If our free market works, we will have more entrants into the .22 market, driving prices lower.  It will take some time, but if a manufacturer can make 100% profit, that market will invite more players.  Always happens.

Have the manufacturers raised prices? I don’t think so. These price increases seem to be from middlemen and retailers.
  • Like 2
Guest semiautots

Have the manufacturers raised prices? I don’t think so. These price increases seem to be from middlemen and retailers.

I don't think either of us knows if they have raised prices.  If the manufacturers see the wholesalers raising prices absent manufacturer increases, they will raise prices to get a piece of the action.  If the wholesaler sees that the public will pay a reseller, either retail or gouger more, then the wholesaler will raise prices to get a bigger piece of the pie.

This is the normal greed curve.  If the manufacturer is making 5% and the wholesaler is making 150%, you can bet your last .22 round the manufacturer will either raise prices to the wholesaler or begin to sell directly to the public.  Businesses exist to make a profit, and most want to maximize their profits.  After all,

Ferrari's are expensive.

Edited by semiautots
[quote name="serbu50" post="1125049" timestamp="1394912944"]As long as the resellers keep buying it at .03-.05 a round, the suppliers have no idea what the market price demands. So I don't buy the " they will jack the prices because we pay .15 a round. The first buyer IS paying normal prices. It's the reseller market we need to control and worry about. So as far as the numbers go, the manufacturers and wholesales people think... The market is paying .03-.04. Think about that. They have no record or trace of the gunbroker or armalist market value.[/quote] I agree. That is why I said I'll never spend more than $30 per brick delivered from a retailer. Private party sale I have purchased a few bricks for as much as $40 per brick to help friends out, and I'd do so again if needed. I don't even mind a private reseller making about $10 per brick profit, it saves me lots of trips to Walmart and other retailers, and hours of web crawling to find the ever illusive in stock deals.
[quote name="DaveTN" post="1125060" timestamp="1394915085"]Have the manufacturers raised prices? I don’t think so. These price increases seem to be from middlemen and retailers.[/quote] Exactly. I've bought several bricks for under $40 and seen some under $30. This means they are sourcing ammo at normal or semi-normal prices. Someone between factory and shooter is exploiting the price.

Exactly. I've bought several bricks for under $40 and seen some under $30. This means they are sourcing ammo at normal or semi-normal prices. Someone between factory and shooter is exploiting the price.

last 550 brick I bought a few weeks ago was $26 w/tax.

(which is still too expensive)

Edited by R_Bert
This confirms my opinion that there are amateur and professional ammo bitches.
I guess when it collects dust long enough maybe they'll drop it to a more competitive price. If it was mine I'd run a special on it just to increase business. The major supply demand post school robbery days should be gone. If they did it right they'd increase their reoccurring revenue by at least 20 % by doing something nice where the customers would be their ambassadors to new business.
Hell why not sell bore snakes at 50 a piece to offset cleaning kit sales loss....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Really?  So after over 100+ years of .22 being the most popular caliber in this country, the one that everyone starts off with, with probably more firearms chambered in that caliber than any other, you honestly think more consumers will drive down the costs?

Please stop trying to interpret high school economics.  Yes, greater demand in theory leads to increased production with a resulting greater supply...if manufacturers tool-up for increased production.   However, prices have risen exponentially since January of 2013, not from manufacturers, who are working 24x7, but by greedy opportunistic douchebags who are in fact destroying the shooting sports for future generations.

• Like 2