About threw up while coming back from St. Louis into Illinois.

Maybe you saw exit for Barack Obama Avenue in East St. Louis? There's also a BHO Boulevard in St. Louis somewhere too.

There is a BHO Parkway in Orlando, though.

All presidents get lots of stuff named for them. Bet none of them beat Martin Luther King in total number though.

- OS

• Moderators
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1158267" timestamp="1402619505"]Maybe you saw exit for Barack Obama [i]Avenue[/i] in East St. Louis? There's also a BHO [i]Boulevard[/i] in St. Louis somewhere too. There is a BHO [i]Parkway[/i] in Orlando, though. All presidents get lots of stuff named for them. Bet none of them beat Martin Luther King in total number though. - OS[/quote] If you ever find yourself on MLK, don't pull over and stop because you are in the wrong part of town. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 7

Bet there was no place for people to work on that road.

How much fun would it have been to taunt the guys that built the road with "you didn't build that!"

A road like that must have been full of potholes, if it was paved at all.

Just the first few thoughts that I had about it.

Guest Lester Weevils

Well, if it was in the heart of East St. Louis, the name is appropriate. He didn't destroy that place, but would if he had the chance.

East St Louis was a mess when I lived in the outlying burbs of that vicinity, as a kid in the late 1950's. 

Maybe historical research would be useful to discover in what historical era that East St Louis first began to suck? Surely it wasn't intentionally designed to be a hellhole beginning from the first moment of its founding?

When we lived in IL, old dad oft expressed a theory which he probably did not routinely divulge to natives-- According to dad-- In the pioneering days, the smart people stayed on the east coast, and the brave people moved to the west coast. The people neither smart enough to stay east nor brave enough to move west, stopped half-way  and settled the St Louis area. :)

Well, i wasnt the one driving right then and there. Fiancee was and we both saw that sign and hoped to god there wasnt any traffic anywhere near us. I took over driving a bit down the road since she was sleepy( remember the 6 year old she has all the time).

Just seemed we kept on getting slowed down in Illinois for some reason, Couldn't cross the Ohio river fast enough due to construction and the idiot drivers that wouldn't get over into the left lane until the last minute. SALK knows this, he and I have had our share of idiot drivers who wait til the last minute to get over thus causing a bottleneck.

I'm just glad to be home. Just know I am avoiding Bonnaroo and Manchester entirely while that festival is going on. I'm lucky that during my PET training for Nissan, I don't have to cross the interstate either.

Not exactly sure how it works but I think road name changed are on a city / local level. At the city council it's proposed to change oak av to president way. If you got up to give facts and figures on why immortalizing this president's name would be a bad example, why they'd go Sharia on your a$$.

Local officials fawning on the the rich and scandalous like lickspittlers to get some nod of recognition from their betters... Edited by Gotthegoods

Maybe you saw exit for Barack Obama Avenue in East St. Louis? There's also a BHO Boulevard in St. Louis somewhere too.

All presidents get lots of stuff named for them. Bet none of them beat Martin Luther King in total number though.

- OS

Really, It dosen't matter if it is a Parkway, Avenue or road. Anything with BHO on it is a bad thing.

All I saw was BHO and didn't give a rats behind what it was if i had to be accurate. All I know is it probably was a dirt road made to look like a paved road that lead to nowhere. All left turns probably full of potholes and false promises.

- OS

Wouldn't that make MLK the first black POTUS?   :stir:

Edited by daddyo

Wouldn't that make MLK the first black POTUS?   :stir:

One could certainly argue we still haven't had the first one. Why do we always default to calling exactly half black/half white people "black" in the first place? I'm not sure BHO is any darker skinned than John Boehner.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

- OS

I bet Nelson Mandela gives him a run for his money.