Happy Ramadan......

Guest kingarmory

I think a cartoon sketch of Mohammad is I order 

When south park did it the first time no one even took notice.  It wasn't until years later another guy did that it became a big deal.  The south park one pre dated when they threatened to kill that one guy over it.

It was in the south park muhammad super best friends episode.  However that 1 is Not available for streaming over netflix but you can get the DVD of it.

For ram the dan,The genie in a bottle foundation is holding their annual bring a hog to the drunken barn dance festival. Activities include:

Pin the tail on hadji
Fat back slip slide twister contest
Best looking ghost made from bed sheets and sandals.
Movie: laurel and Allah meet Dracula featuring Stan laurel and allahver hardy
Spank 72 Virgins w flyswatters
Get on yer knees face the west and leapfrog over you buddy.
Cut the bill off old ball caps to make mosque hats
Coloring I love the Kurds coloring books w crayons
Power dump contest; winner makes biggest doodoo splatter to cover a life size obl photo
Diane Feinstein look alike contest
Who can wear the most road flares on front of the federal building till the police come

Man so many activities!!! I'll stick w western reruns today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 2

Islam is living rent free in the heads of many it seems. :rolleyes:

Some of dem Christians can be pretty crass alright -- dunno why the Jews never get included in the pork frivolity, though.  ;)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

There was this exchange student from Pakistan studying Agronomy at Auburn University where my sister works. He and his wife are Muslim. His wife decided that she was going grocery shopping but she doesn't speak or read English very well.  She picked up a Pork Tenderloin by mistake. She didn't catch what she had done until it was cooked and her husband was sitting at the table. She served it and told her husband it was Veal. He loved it! When he asked her to serve it again she told him that she didn't believe in eating Veal. She told my sister this after they had become friends and she learned to speak English.

Most of my Jewish friends will tear up a slab of ribs

There are Muslims who eat pork and drink booze too, Catholics who get abortions, Baptist preachers who screw their sisters in law. 

It would be tough not to eat anything at all during daylight for a month, though.

- OS

This time last year I put an expensive 15 pound ham in the smoker for about six hours to impress my family on my cooking abilities, even made tater salad!

Six hours later we ate dried ham jerky and tater salad. How was I suppose to know you don't put a pre-cooked ham in the smoker for that long :rant:

:rofl: :rock:  there just aint enough smileys I can put to that to show how much I laughed!!!

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1163711" timestamp="1404066998"]Some of dem Christians can be pretty crass alright -- dunno why the Jews never get included in the pork frivolity, though. ;) - OS[/quote] Simple- Cuz we don't cut your head off if you don't "respect" our religion
  • Like 1

I got nothing against Muslims personally. I have two neighbors that are Muslim and they are good people. We sometimes sit by a firepit and have a beer together. Hell, the one family even brought my kids some Easter baskets. The other accidentally bought an ENORMOUS pack of pork sausage... he came over, handed it to me and flat out refused to let me pay him for it. Occasionally I even come home and he's mowed my 45 degree hill.

It's the extremist views that make religion look bad.

That being said, i'm not Muslim... so BRING ON THE BACON!

• Like 3
  • Moderators

I got nothing against Muslims personally. I have two neighbors that are Muslim and they are good people. We sometimes sit by a firepit and have a beer together. Hell, the one family even brought my kids some Easter baskets. The other accidentally bought an ENORMOUS pack of pork sausage... he came over, handed it to me and flat out refused to let me pay him for it. Occasionally I even come home and he's mowed my 45 degree hill.

It's the extremist views that make religion look bad.

That being said, i'm not Muslim... so BRING ON THE BACON!

I'm with you 100%. Honestly, I didn't even know (or care) that it was Ramadan. This thread just seemed like a great place to post a picture of my awesome lunch.  :yum:

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1163721" timestamp="1404070265"] It would be tough not to eat anything at all during daylight for a month, though. - OS[/quote] It's a lot easier when Ramadan falls during the later part of the year. Sun comes up early and goes down late right now. Of course, most Muslims I know just don't eat or smoke where others can see them. To quote one, "Allah can't see me in here." Reminds me of some of my Catholic buddies. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

It's a lot easier when Ramadan falls during the later part of the year. Sun comes up early and goes down late right now. Of course, most Muslims I know just don't eat or smoke where others can see them. To quote one, "Allah can't see me in here." Reminds me of some of my Catholic buddies.

Best part of Catholicism IMO ... just hit the confessional once in a while and carry on. ;)

- OS

• Like 1
[quote name="Chucktshoes" post="1163987" timestamp="1404163549"]I'm with you 100%. Honestly, I didn't even know (or care) that it was Ramadan. This thread just seemed like a great place to post a picture of my awesome lunch. :yum:[/quote] I had Chilean Sea Bass, but it was wrapped in prosciutto, so I guess that made me a participant in this. My issue with Islam has always been cultural as opposed to the actual religion. But then again, I just got back from Newark, and that culture made me appreciate the simple nature of some of the Middle East countries I've spent time in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1164048" timestamp="1404174676"]Best part of Catholicism IMO ... just hit the confessional once in a while and carry on. ;) - OS[/quote] Hey, don't count the rest of us out. Charlie Manson may repent on his deathbed and be hanging out in paradise while you burn for eternity. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure but I think Adolf committed suicide and if he did there is no forgiveness for that in GODS eyes so doubt he will be there.............jmho

That's quite the minority view overall among Christian denominations if any officially claim it at all  -- even Catholicism, where it originated, no longer takes a hard line on it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot