I need .223 ammo

Does it matter if it's brass or steel case?  The Armory has had great prices on a lot of stuff lately.  They have 500 rounds of Wolf 223 for an even quarter a round after shipping ($115 + $10 shipping).  http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product945.html  That's about the lowest I've seen yet for 223 since the panic.  I have no problem with steel case ammo, and that is mostly what I buy and shoot. 

You seem to need this quick.  Is it for a class, or do you have some inside dope on an impending zombie outbreak, or what?

Edited by Stegall Law Firm
  • Like 1

If you are in the Knoxville area, try j.floyd's in Sevierville. I was in there today and they had a bunch of Fiocchi for $89.95 (not sure of the quantity as I wasn't shopping for it) but it was packaged in those smaller plastic ammo "cans" (size was like the 350 round count 9mm blazer brass)

Does it matter if it's brass or steel case?  The Armory has had great prices on a lot of stuff lately.  They have 500 rounds of Wolf 223 for an even quarter a round after shipping ($115 + $10 shipping).  http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product945.html  That's about the lowest I've seen yet for 223 since the panic.  I have no problem with steel case ammo, and that is mostly what I buy and shoot. 

Yep, that's under a quarter a pop in hand, 'bout as good as it gets right now for .223. Hell, Tula at Wally's is .30/round.

i shoot mostly Russian steel also, somewhat surprised supply hasn't been whacked.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yep, I've never had any trouble out of any of the Monarch ammo.

Yeah, I've shot a lot of that too.  Seems to be Brown Bear actually, same lacquered case that you don't see except from Barnaul anymore.

Also, it was highest velocity of several Russian rounds I tested some time ago (which were all faster than Federal bulk).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

You seem to need this quick.  Is it for a class, or do you have some inside dope on an impending zombie outbreak, or what?

Now ya tell me. :)  New rifle just want to shoot it.

What about AIMsurplus?  Anyone know how fast they ship?

AIM is always the first place I look online.  Prices are good, service is great, shipping is fast.  As others said, buy the Wolf Gold, then save the brass for reloading or sell it and recoup part of the cost, making it comparable to steel cased ammo in net price.  Look for sales, last week they had free shipping on this ammo as well.

You don't mention where you are, but if you are able to meet me in Lebanon I'll give you a great deal on new 5.56 US military stuff, just purchased from J&G during their big sale. I do need it but willing to share to help a TGO member.
  • Like 4

How fast do they ship?

If you order during a period when they're offering either reduced or free shipping, it can take up to several weeks (they get VERY busy).  I normally get mine within a week to 10 business days, although the last time I ordered it took about 3 weeks (ordered during one of the free shipping periods).

You don't mention where you are, but if you are able to meet me in Lebanon I'll give you a great deal on new 5.56 US military stuff, just purchased from J&G during their big sale. I do need it but willing to share to help a TGO member.

Thanks for the offer!  I have already placed an order.  Thanks guys.

all ammo you buy comes from a licensed company/individual.  To be able to make ammo requires a lot of inspections and proof to the government for liability purposes and various paperwork. 

All it means to sell remanufactured ammo is that the case is at least once fired.  The projectile may have been pulled but has never been shot.  The powder and primer, of course, are new.   When buying it, you do so because they pass the savings on to you --- it should cost somewhat less than factory ammo as new cases are pricy, used cases are free or fairly cheap.  

That does not mean that the small operation selling the ammo is infallible --- they could still sell you ammo with triple charges or no powder or terribly accuracy or whatever else.   But if they blow up your gun they are as liable as a big factory name brand... and if it stinks, you don't have to buy more of it...  buy it if the price is right.   Asking around is a good idea...  see if they have been around a while and if its worth buying...

Edited by Jonnin