TWD Season 5

I hate how inconsistent the characters are on TWD. It's like they NEVER learn from their mistakes. You've lived in the zombie apoc for well over a year, yet you don't clear the house before you stop to reminisce over some photos? He even KNEW there was at least one live walker in the house but was willing to risk it and just casually stroll around the house. I mean, I realize it's television, but come on...

It's almost as if the writers think the viewers are stupid. I would have been happier with it if he'd fallen down some stairs and gotten skewered on a fire poker.

I has some questions....

How did Noah's brother get out of his room? The door was shut when Tyreese was making his sweep through the house and the bedroom door was shut. I didn't think walkers/rotters/biters/whatever knew how to turn a doorknob (except for Morgan's wife in Episode 1).

Moreover, how did the boy walker sneak up on him without making any sound?

From what I've read, there may have been a shared bathroom between the bedrooms.

I hate how inconsistent the characters are on TWD. It's like they NEVER learn from their mistakes. You've lived in the zombie apoc for well over a year, yet you don't clear the house before you stop to reminisce over some photos? He even KNEW there was at least one live walker in the house but was willing to risk it and just casually stroll around the house. I mean, I realize it's television, but come on...

It's almost as if the writers think the viewers are stupid. I would have been happier with it if he'd fallen down some stairs and gotten skewered on a fire poker.

From eonline about Tyresee:

"[Executive producer] Scott Gimple basically said to [Chad Coleman], ‘Is there anything we haven't really touched on in Tyreese's journey?' And they truth was ,it went from A to Z. They are at a point of total and ultimate despair. And if this really would happen, you can't just spread it out and say, ‘OK, we've lost a significant character in the last episode. Let's wait.'  Tyreese had embraced forgiveness and he'd embraced all of the positive qualities as opposed to despair and rage, and in a moment of pondering that, he was vulnerable. And in this world you can't let your guard down even a split second."

There were at least fifteen commercial breaks, if not more tonight. Way more than normal.

FYI...The running time on this week's episode with all the commercials removed was 43:17, including the brief preview of next week.

Imagine how boring this show would be if all the characters were automatons that went through the same motions in every scene. Nobody would watch a show about house clearing with zombie SWAT team precision. It'd be worse than NASCAR or golf. LOL Edited by BigK

Imagine how boring this show would be if all the characters were automatons that went through the same motions in every scene. Nobody would watch a show about house clearing with zombie SWAT team precision. It'd be worse than NASCAR or golf. LOL

Though I agree with that.. it would be nice to see them learn and grow along the way. That would make the writers have to put more thought into how the characters die. On occasion they will throw in a little tidbit like making suppressors out of flashlights, etc , but by the next episode that ingenuity seems to go out the window and it's back to square one.

• Like 1

As soon as he got bit I was thinking the same thing, how can you not clear a house before stopping to look at pictures..... I would like to see them grow and learn and keep that knowledge. If you have read Adrians undead diary their house clearing tactics did not ruin the book. I also don't understand how you leave a truck without taking your rifles with you into a potentialy hostile environment. I still watch the show every week but I have not been all that impressed with it for a few season now. I feel like that I must watch it becuase I am so invested in it.

As soon as he got bit I was thinking the same thing, how can you not clear a house before stopping to look at pictures..... I would like to see them grow and learn and keep that knowledge. If you have read Adrians undead diary their house clearing tactics did not ruin the book. I also don't understand how you leave a truck without taking your rifles with you into a potentialy hostile environment. I still watch the show every week but I have not been all that impressed with it for a few season now. I feel like that I must watch it becuase I am so invested in it.

Adrian's Undead Diary is an AWESOME read. I'd trade Daryl and Rick for Adrian any day.

Back to the flaws in TWD...I think the producers are focusing more on creating a character-driven drama than they are on a post-ZA action show. I'd prefer the latter, but there's no denying their success with taking the former route.

What didn't you like?

A lot of people here continue to complain about the show yet they sit down every Sunday and watch it...

I am one of them, I watch it becuase I have been there from the beginging. I still like it, just not like I used too.

Adrian's Undead Diary is an AWESOME read. I'd trade Daryl and Rick for Adrian any day.

Back to the flaws in TWD...I think the producers are focusing more on creating a character-driven drama than they are on a post-ZA action show. I'd prefer the latter, but there's no denying their success with taking the former route.

And yes, Give me Adrian and Otis any day of the week over those two.

What didn't you like?

The ghosts talking nonsense/flashback/foreshadowing/dream sequence stuff.  I hate it.

I want zombie killing and lots of it.  Being surprised and running from zombies is entertaining as well.  All this "feeling" and so-called "character development" is ridiculous.  I want action.

• Like 1

The ghosts talking nonsense/flashback/foreshadowing/dream sequence stuff.  I hate it.

I want zombie killing and lots of it.  Being surprised and running from zombies is entertaining as well.  All this "feeling" and so-called "character development" is ridiculous.  I want action.

I do think they put a lot of their budget into that shot with Rick shooting the walker through the shoulder and head this week.

Meh. Zombie shmombie. If you've seen one zed's head split open, you've seen 'em all.  :rofl:

• Administrator

So here's the deal... my wife and I have watched this show religiously since it first aired.  Every single episode.  She knows them better than I do and can recall facts about past episodes that leave me Googling to see if she's right.  I don't know why I bother; she always is.  It's her gift I guess.  It's also why I can't get away with jack squeeze around the house.  Memory for trivial things like an elephant on a steady ginseng diet.  But I digress.

The point for all of that is just to say we've been along for the whole ride.  But the amount of hype leading up to the mid-season premiere left us scratching our collective head wondering what in the world people were smoking.  Phrases like "whole new show" and "game changing" and "completely different" were thrown around in the reviews by people who had pre-screened it.  But seriously... WHY?

It was the same old same old.  Sure it was a little artsy and there were cute little bits of symbolism here and there (all of the broken clocks, for example) but nothing about this week's episode really seemed to put the show on a different course other than the fact that they are finally leaving Georgia.

Did we miss something?

• Administrator

I think we can all agree that the wrong black guy on tv Sunday night got bit by a zombie.

Tyrees, Imma go let you finish dying but Beyonce had the best death by a zombie scene this year.

Now that's some funny stuff right there.  :lol: