TWD Season 5

I am guessing that some of them will not make the cut on the whole interview to join thing, remember she said she had to exile 3 men who didn't work out, and will be asked to leave, then Rick will have to decided if he and his kids will stay or go with the exiled group members, which will cause some huge conflict for the season finale. I haven't read the comics or anything it's just what I think is going to happen here.

You could be on to something, but I think it will just be Darryl who is asked to leave.

Yep, funny to us, but a believable story for the Congresswoman, followed up by living the lie in a cardigan. It makes her a great sleeper agent. They have no idea that she's the most dangerous and unpredictable one.

I could see the group owning the whole place after Carol secretly poisons them all with casseroles. Rick would just be standing there dumbfounded.

She played up the sweet den-mother thing from start to finish. Notice how she made herself look so awkward taking her rifle off and putting it in the pile, like she was uncomfortable even handling a firearm.

Yes. I like your thinking on this episode. I really was puzzled by Carol's actions there as well, so it made me watch a bit more closely.

I was getting a little amped watching this one. A first in quite a while.

When Rick said "We'll just take it" I couldn't believe what I heard. That's an awesome thought.

It's like he said "it's all about survival, at any cost", think about it, if you and your family went thru what they have, walkers, the Gov, then cannibals, his "If they can't we will just take it" statement just seems common sense for  the situation

I doubt anyone is kicking any of them out, at least not any on the inside.  I want to see them vote Daryl off the island.  Carol is like ninja. Great foresight on her part.

Did Rick not wonder why Carl was outside the fence?  Did I miss that issue being addressed?

I am not handing my guns over either,  is there not a 2A in the zombie apocalypse?

Anybody else notice the word Wolves written on the wall of the upstairs "clubhouse" that Carl found? Did yhe new girl write that as foreshadowing of the group she is with spying on Alexandria? Or maybe Alexandria are tje wolves?

Anybody else notice the word Wolves written on the wall of the upstairs "clubhouse" that Carl found? Did yhe new girl write that as foreshadowing of the group she is with spying on Alexandria? Or maybe Alexandria are tje wolves?

Great references in the show

Alexandria is a dictatorship led by the congresswoman - her joke about the communists winning is not a joke at all. She assigns each person work according to their ability....and provides to each according to their needs...clothes, homes, education, entertainment....add to all this the fact that they are encamped in a ultra rich neighborhood previously owned by capitalist pigs (800k plus homes anyone?)

any dictatorship needs its muscle to enforce order .... And she picked rick and michonne.

And if they are so transparent, they should let the group see the current inhabitants video tapes!

I hope the next episode gets into why the 3 people were exiled...it will be ver

I've been wondering for 2 weeks now, why nobody in Rick's group hasn't brought up the odd construction of the walls around the community.

Why are the braces on the outside of the walls?

Are they built to keep something in or out? 

If someone already mentioned this, sorry...I just haven't seen this brought up before.

• Like 1

I've been wondering for 2 weeks now, why nobody in Rick's group hasn't brought up the odd construction of the walls around the community.

If someone already mentioned this, sorry...I just haven't seen this brought up before.

My guess is that the production folks just didn't put alot of thought or emphasis on this. Maybe it was so they could film the scene of the girl and Carl climbing out.

Carol playing little miss homemaker is the best strategic move I have seen in the show to date. She took out terminus almost single handed. The glock in the blender had a "J" burnt into the grip. We will see it come up again. The husband sitting on the porch smoking said,"Welcome to Alexandria," with more sarcasm than I have heard on the show. Could it be jealousy or the equivalent to,"Welcome to hell." There has to be more people than what we have seen. A dictator cannot survive without an army.

The group is playing it safe. Darryl needs to back off and conform a bit. Just don't do as Carl suggested and become soft. If the ROTC guy is the toughest guy they have they are in trouble. He goes out on a run to play with a walker. Can you say stupid? The Alexandria group has no solid plan. They need to get one. By the way, where is Morgan. Did he give up his shadowing or could he be one of the exiled.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
One thing that I noticed last night is that Rick couldn't answer one of his own questions. He said,"I have killed more men than I can count." That is the key question in his groups interview process. Is this they show telling us that he has gone over the edge? This was a great episode that opened a whole bunch of avenues the show can go down.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My impression is that Alexandria has had very little conflict with other humans, and apparently has not experienced the mega herds of Walkers found in Georgia, so they are a bit complacent.  But perhaps the exiles formed the Wolves, started razing the nearby places, and the "Congressperson" (her words) realized they needed some protection before the Wolves come back.

I think Alexandria will be basically straight up what it is supposed to be, but will turn out to be no better than the prison once a determined opponent appears.  As for the supports outside the wall, maybe that is what happens when an architect (noticeably absent so far)and his son have to build a wall.  I know that I have had plenty of projects that I thought would work one way, but ended up being rigged the opposite because I'm not a carpenter.  The supports reminded me of flying buttresses on Notre Dame.

Did the sneaky girl just walk through the gate behind Rick and Carl, or did she come from some other direction?  Edit:  figured it out, she comes walking along the wall and not through the gate.

When Rick found Carl outside the fence, he probably just thought that Carl was back to his old antics.  He didn't seemed surprised at all.  Heck, if there weren't walkers around, he probably would have asked Carl if he took the gun.

Edited by dawgdoc

She played up the sweet den-mother thing from start to finish. Notice how she made herself look so awkward taking her rifle off and putting it in the pile, like she was uncomfortable even handling a firearm.

I did not. I'll have to watch that bit again.

It might have been one of the people that got exiled from that community.

Yeah, that whole "exiled them which is good as killing them" had flags popping up here. Exiling just means they come back later.
Edited by tnguy

I didn't realize that Carol's ditzy unslinging of the rifle was part of her act until later.  They made sure that the muzzle was directed at the camera (and the woman just to camera right) at one point to give you the impression she didn't know what she was doing.  I thought it was just terrible Hollywood muzzle control at first, but after seeing her interview, I realized it was all deliberate.

Also, by this point, how much ammo did they have for each gun?  I know there was a lot of distance between Terminus and Alexandria, but they don't seem to have extra magazines and presumably ammo would be hard to find (I think they mentioned running low while they were drifting around before the prison, so it stands to reason they would experience the same difficulties further down the road).  Maybe they gave up the guns easily because they were mostly clubs by that point.  In the last few episodes, I only remember Sasha actually firing.

Another thing I just remember--did the priest have any screen time?  I don't even remember him in the background.  He seems like the type who would most welcome getting back to some semblance of civilization.

I kept thinking that one of the group would have to shoot one of the guns they "loaned" them, and find out the bullets were blanks. Seems odd that even the trusted townspeople had to turn in their guns when they are done with them

For some reason I felt like everything that went on was a set up by the townspeople. Even the disagreement / thrown punches by the kid and Glenn. It just felt like they acted all of that out for some other purpose. Also, the girl sneaking out right there where Carl would see her seemed suspect, then pausing briefly so Carl could catch up and see her disappear into the woods. 

Daryl carrying the possum into the interview was classic. Then seeing him gut it right on the porch of their new house was funny. He definitely seems out of place in this new town. I'm surprised the congresswoman didn't put him on the supply run team. 

I missed that. "Wolves Here" was painted on the wall around Noah's neighborhood. That's what's going to tie the two enclaves together. Whoever did the zombie dismembering is going to be the antagonist against Alexandria. As "off" as Alexandria seems to be at the moment, I suspect the congresscritter is still better than whoever is choppping 'em up and leaving 'em dangerous....unless Alexandria are the ones doing the chopping.

I wondered about that also. The braces should be on the inside for several reasons. With them on the outside, a group of attackers could use them to climb up the wall to the top and use a rope to get in from the top. The supports could also be removed from outside with no one on the inside being able to see them. With that in mind, maybe you are right about them being there to keep people in for the same reasons. It's definitely strange and is going to play into something bad for the group eventually I think.

• Like 1

Upon re-watching, I could not find Wolves written on the wall in the attic, but the comic that Carl picked up was called "Wolf Tracks" or something similar with wolf in it.  There was a poster on the far wall when he walks in, but the resolution on my monitor did not let me read the words.

Upon re-watching, I could not find Wolves written on the wall in the attic, but the comic that Carl picked up was called "Wolf Tracks" or something similar with wolf in it.  There was a poster on the far wall when he walks in, but the resolution on my monitor did not let me read the words.

Yep, you're right. Nothing written on the walls. The comic says "WOLF FIGHT!" on the back.

Edited by monkeylizard

What we know from the neighborhood in Richmond it was hit by a group calling themselves Werewolves.  We will see it again soon.  I agree the reserved teenage girl is up to something and could be a 5th column for the Werewolves, who could also be part of the 3 exiled men.  

I agree with Carol and Carl, the people in the community are soft and really not experienced what is really going on in the outside the walls.  The ROTC wannabe LT is as ate up as a soup sandwich.  I agree with Glenn, he did something to get 4 people killed.  Being a LT doens't impress me and many of us on the forum who have military experience, an officer who doesn't listen to his experienced senior NCO's is a moron and will get people killed.

Walls?????  Braces on the outside?????  I am wondering how the community made it that long????

Anyone notice there was no line of sight from the walls???

Congresswoman in charge.  I checked the 15th Congressional District, it's a back and forth district going from Dem to Rep, and back.  Could anyone imagine going to a camp and Nancy Pelosi be in charge?  

Guess we will learn more in the next episode of two.