Kroger assault incident

This is a never ending cycle until somebody changes the in-home relationship and ideals of the parents to their children.  Parents who are the dregs of society will more than likely have children who will be the same unless they are taught different.

No argument here and it's called a generational cycle but... Who is this "somebody"? You, me, the government? What about personal responsibility, moral values, compassion, respect?

"Who is this "somebody"?  That's the million dollar question.  Definitely not the government as they already have an effort in place, called the Dept. of Children's Services.  See recent news stories from Nashville about the riot and subsequent escape from Woodland Hills as to the governments success.  I would suspect that the youth in the videos perpetrating the attack all have juvenile records and are repeat offenders in the juvenile court.

"What about personal responsibility, moral values, compassion, respect?"  Yes, these are the main subjects I was aiming at when I said "unless they are taught different".  Not to bring religion into this for opening another can of worms but I think the departure of society from Biblical principles, which cover all of what you list and more, is one main factor in why that is not taught in the home as it should.  How do we introduce that back into the homes, I wish I knew. 

I hate to think of what society is going to look like for my children and grandchildren.

Edited by hardknox00001

If I remember right, disparity in numbers is good to go for use of lethal force.  Specially once they show intent to do harm.  Sheer numbers are a weapon in itself. 

1-1 is no good.

1-2 or more is good to go on use of lethal force especially when size and age is a factor.

If I remember right, disparity in numbers is good to go for use of lethal force.  Specially once they show intent to do harm.  Sheer numbers are a weapon in itself. 

1-1 is no good.

1-2 or more is good to go on use of lethal force especially when size and age is a factor.

That assumes a fair trial. The baiters and media are against fair trials.

Straight up honky.  

10383011_289124624593372_115804232708278

Why does that matter though as to my stance?  My stance is that they are PEOPLE and didn't do this because they are black, they did it because they are criminals.  And black and criminal are not mutually exclusive.

I agree about them not being mutually inclusive; but has there been any white kids running around doing things like this lately? Whether attacking other white kids or black ones? I don't recall any, but of course it depends on the news coverage to broadcast the incidents for me to be aware of them. And sorry, but it does baffle me as to why the reaction to this particular incident bothers you so much; is it because of the black/white mix or is it the disparaging comments about Memphis?

Yes, there have been recent incidents of white kids attacking homeless people, shooting up pedestrians with paint ball guns, & let's not forget James Byrd Jr.

The point being crime is crime regardless of race. 

The media is going to sensationalize any crime, because it sells. Race based crime is an especially big seller.

Now, Memphis is the arm pit of Tennessee.  

That has nothing to do with race. Just due to the fact that its hot, humid, and crowded. 

• Like 1

I agree about them not being mutually inclusive; but has there been any white kids running around doing things like this lately? Whether attacking other white kids or black ones? I don't recall any, but of course it depends on the news coverage to broadcast the incidents for me to be aware of them. And sorry, but it does baffle me as to why the reaction to this particular incident bothers you so much; is it because of the black/white mix or is it the disparaging comments about Memphis?

I'm not mixed either.  Just white.  Straight honky.  Although my doctor's nurse thinks I'm mixed too.  

How about we just focus on a bunch of misguided kids that did horrible things to other people?  Can't we deal with that first and foremost?  

For starters, how often is it that white kids or Hispanic kids do this "knockout games". Every incident I've seen has been done by young* black people.

Black people are attacking white people because they are white. 

Edited by Erik88

How is this not being classified as a hate crime?....

It not "classified" as a hate crime because it actually is a hate crime.  Just another day in Port-au-Prince North.

The police director this fine city said today, that the police had no basis to investigate this as a hate crime.

Edited by tnhawk

"Who is this "somebody"?  That's the million dollar question.  Definitely not the government as they already have an effort in place, called the Dept. of Children's Services.  See recent news stories from Nashville about the riot and subsequent escape from Woodland Hills as to the governments success.  I would suspect that the youth in the videos perpetrating the attack all have juvenile records and are repeat offenders in the juvenile court.

"What about personal responsibility, moral values, compassion, respect?"  Yes, these are the main subjects I was aiming at when I said "unless they are taught different".  Not to bring religion into this for opening another can of worms but I think the departure of society from Biblical principles, which cover all of what you list and more, is one main factor in why that is not taught in the home as it should.  How do we introduce that back into the homes, I wish I knew. 

I hate to think of what society is going to look like for my children and grandchildren.

Stop reading my mind :up:

Yes, if you look at the disintegration of American society since, say the 1960's and look at it today, we're not the same civilized society. As the exponential rate of our moral values decline and we slip into a nation of depravity and use owes me... It's not very promising for us, much less our children and grandchildren.

• Like 1

I'll debate it here just for opinions sake RED333 and I mean no offense but...

I'm not going to debate or sit down with anyone or any race when I'm the target or intended prey of violence or crime. It's not my fault, moral responsibility or problem how you were raised or the seed that spawned you. It doesn't take "a village" or a community to raise children, it takes moral parents.

If I'm bothering no one going about my lawful and moral bidness, why in the world should I need to sit down and discuss it with anyone? Someone should sit down and discuss this nonsense with a group of racists, thugs, haters, gang-bangers and race baiter's and record the uncontrollable laughs.

None taken

I was not saying "we" as you or me or any of us at all.

Just we have to get it into the heads of a lot of people that as a WHOLE, we SUCK at how we treat each other.

That is the WHOLE human race, we just suck.

I would like to think I could step in and help out of someone is getting attacked that I did not know regardless of skin color.

I just do not know, sad aint it, how many can answer that question?

Until I see some thing like that, I just do not know, yes, I will make a phone call as everyone here will.

I am talking about stepping into the middle of a gang of people to try to stop them.

Now a loved one, I will step in.

When you attack an innocent person and seriously injure them it is a hate crime. I don’t care what their color is. I have always found the “hate crime” statutes laughable. Those people that knocked that man down, beat him and kicked him should have to do prison time. The fact that you are white, black, Latino, or your daddy wasn’t around doesn’t get you a pass.

I also think that one of these days these thugs will attack the wrong person and bodies will start dropping. And I’ll bet anything that because someone turns to run and catches a round in the back some community members will want to put him (or her) on trial.
  • Like 7

I've got two words for everyone to remember: Christian-Newsom

I've got one thing to say to the no sense douchebag mommas begging to make kroger no gun:

F You,if this was your child you would probably drive his ass to barrett to personally buy him a M98 to make sure it doesn't happen again.or does the possibility of your child being forced to swallow clorox to destroy dna from seminal fluid, and being set on fire make things better?

Last but not least, The price of a glock w 2 mags, w CCW training is less than the deductible your health ins provider would want for an er visit, after getting your ass kicked as shown.

I'm getting sick of reading about documented animal like attacks by hyenas, on weak prey. Shooter Make ready........ :squint:

• Like 5

No.  Every one of the posters in this thread has put color to this.  I bet there are more gay people on this site than black people.  Yall immediately jumped on the black kids and white victim but didn't know any of the facts.  
One story says that the employees that were beaten were attacked AFTER helping the first victim.  Nothing to do with race.  They were beaten for helping.  Yet people say that the victims were chosen based on skin color or being different.  WRONG!

That's why I kept quiet. It's hard to calm a hate fest. This has nothing to do with Obama, government or hate crimes.

The first victim was attacked by a group of jackasses that included blacks, whites, boys and girls who had just left the nearby pizza joint. The two Kroger employees (one black and one white) went to assist the first victim and were also beaten.

Some of you are so silly and bitter that anything that happens between blacks and whites becomes a national crisis with its beginnings routed in the White House, which in my opinion makes you no better than Al and Jesse. Those of us who actually live in Memphis know that we have an epidemic of worthless parents who will leave groups of unattended kids at malls, sporting events and anywhere else where large groups gather.

These abandoned youth are the reason for the downtown mall, Mall of Memphis and numerous other entertainment venues being shuttered. They are also the reason that I quit going to the fair years ago. I want the kids responsible for this terrorism held accountable, but More than anything, I'd like to see the law kick their worthless parents in the ass.
  • Like 4

I don't believe their motive matters. If they were beating up a black person or ethnic person, my outrage at the act would be the same. My point is that my outrage is with the media and the government for clearly having a double standard.
Really, can you imagine if there had been a crowd of 100 white teens beating up a couple black kids. The country would come unglued and cry for the heads of those racist whites. Why on earth does the government and MSM not do that for cases like these? There is no excuse. I don't see how you could defend that.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very valid point TMF.

Straight up honky.  10383011_289124624593372_115804232708278

Why does that matter though as to my stance?  My stance is that they are PEOPLE and didn't do this because they are black, they did it because they are criminals.  And black and criminal are not mutually exclusive.

Especially in America!
  • Like 1

That's why I kept quiet. It's hard to calm a hate fest. This has nothing to do with Obama, government or hate crimes.

The first victim was attacked by a group of jackasses that included blacks, whites, boys and girls who had just left the nearby pizza joint. The two Kroger employees (one black and one white) went to assist the first victim and were also beaten.

Some of you are so silly and bitter that anything that happens between blacks and whites becomes a national crisis with its beginnings routed in the White House, which in my opinion makes you no better than Al and Jesse. Those of us who actually live in Memphis know that we have an epidemic of worthless parents who will leave groups of unattended kids at malls, sporting events and anywhere else where large groups gather.

These abandoned youth are the reason for the downtown mall, Mall of Memphis and numerous other entertainment venues being shuttered. They are also the reason that I quit going to the fair years ago. I want the kids responsible for this terrorism held accountable, but More than anything, I'd like to see the law kick their worthless parents in the ass.

The root cause is probably bad parenting. Now, if you don't think racism hasn't become much more popular over the last 5 or so years, then you ain't paying attention. I haven't paid enough attention to this incident to know how much it, if any, was the driving force. I just know that its is part of our current society, and the clown show running the country makes it worse every chance they get.

Call me silly and bitter. This ain't about Memphis. In a lot of ways, there's more racial harmony there than most places. At least there was before we got hope and change jammed up our ass. There is a trend. And, the people that are responsible for bucking that trend are making it WORSE.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2

When you attack an innocent person and seriously injure them it is a hate crime. I don’t care what their color is. I have always found the “hate crime” statutes laughable. Those people that knocked that man down, beat him and kicked him should have to do prison time. The fact that you are white, black, Latino, or your daddy wasn’t around doesn’t get you a pass.I also think that one of these days these thugs will attack the wrong person and bodies will start dropping. And I’ll bet anything that because someone turns to run and catches a round in the back some community members will want to put him (or her) on trial.

It's inevitable.

One thing about it, the parents of these terrorist need to know that the public is getting sick of their excuses. Hell, everyone that I knew when I was a kid was poor.

I've typed and deleted a half dozen responses to this thread ranging from inquisitive to inflammatory. None are going to change anyone's mind here. My response is this:

These animal thug jackasses need to be put down like rabid dogs. They are of no use to civilized society.

• Like 2

I've got two words for everyone to remember: Christian-Newsom
I've got one thing to say to the no sense douchebag mommas begging to make kroger no gun:

F You,if this was your child you would probably drive his ass to barrett to personally buy him a M98 to make sure it doesn't happen again.or does the possibility of your child being forced to swallow clorox to destroy dna from seminal fluid, and being set on fire make things better?

Last but not least, The price of a glock w 2 mags, w CCW training is less than the deductible your health ins provider would want for an er visit, after getting your ass kicked as shown.

I'm getting sick of reading about documented animal like attacks by hyenas, on weak prey. Shooter Make ready........ :squint:

When I first saw the video, my heart dropped because we made our son get a summer job at Kroger prior to leaving for college. I'll just say that no one should have to walk around in fear.
  • Like 1