Just had a Burger King manager want to fight me

Just spoke to the management company and the manager was fired. They said they reviewed the tapes from that day and the manager did not need to be working in an environment where there are customers.

I am glad you followed up and that your concerns were taken seriously.  I know some people advised that you just 'let it go' but I think it is good that you didn't.  Many of us complain (to each other/friends/family and so on) about poor customer service but as long as we don't follow up and get something done about it - as long as guys like this assistant manager get away with crap like this with no repercussions - there will be no improvement.  As I said, before, I frankly don't give a tinker's damn if someone is having a bad day there is no call for them to take it out on strangers/customers.  I mean I don't necessarily expect "Little Mary Sunshine" and don't even care if the person at the counter is a little grumpy, doesn't smile or so on but I do expect not to be treated downright rudely, I expect to get what I ordered (and paid for) and I expect not to be treated like it is my fault if they get my order wrong. 

Edited by JAB
Guest Field Boss

People are idiots

My retail experience yesterday was to get a new pair of jeans at TSC because my old tsc jeans belt loops had come apart. I picked up the same pair and noticed that it had a guarantee that said if there was ever a problem with workmanship you can bring it back to tsc for a replacement. So i asked the cashier to do this - she knew nothing, got the mgr, who clearly had never handled this warranty issue before and told me i needed a receipt and he could exchange them. I said who keeps a receipt for a $20 pair of jeans, and the guaranteee says nothing about needing a receipt. I was wearing the pants with the bad belt loops and said these should be evidence enough. He did not agree - good grief

Buy the new jeans, at a later date take the old ones back with the receipt

On the flip side, I had a customer threaten to "come take his frustrations out on me this morning." I am glad that you got that problem fixed. I work retail and we had a washer delivered yesterday that had a burning smell while running. Customer called this morning and we were out of washer, offered to pick one up at another store and deliver tomorrow. Only one delivery truck. Most people this wouldn't be a problem. To make a long story short, he threatened me and then came down and acted an ass for about 30 minutes cussing and acting a fool. I am 6'2" 275lb and I guess he decided when he got here his mouth had outrun his..... He settled for me bringing him a new washer tomorrow, so he could have stayed home. Some people just can't help it. This is why I have so little faith in society as a whole.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

This is the kind of person that will have no job if they raise minimum wage. (Burger King dude).

JTMaze, I think some people thing the universe runs on wishful thinking and not physics. 

Edited by tnguy

People are idiots
My retail experience yesterday was to get a new pair of jeans at TSC because my old tsc jeans belt loops had come apart. I picked up the same pair and noticed that it had a guarantee that said if there was ever a problem with workmanship you can bring it back to tsc for a replacement. So i asked the cashier to do this - she knew nothing, got the mgr, who clearly had never handled this warranty issue before and told me i needed a receipt and he could exchange them. I said who keeps a receipt for a $20 pair of jeans, and the guaranteee says nothing about needing a receipt. I was wearing the pants with the bad belt loops and said these should be evidence enough. He did not agree - good grief

As a retail manager I see this frequently. You ask the question "who hangs onto a receipt for a $20 pair if jeans?" I'll tell you now that people do. As far as wanting management to violate RMA policy, and no matter how you phrase it, that's what it is, is akin to me asking you to knowingly violate a work policy set by your supervisors/corprate officers.

Now that it isn't to say that being a PITA long enough (which it does NOT sound like you were IMO) or even hitting up the right manager on the right time might yield your desired results, but that doesn't change that its wrong. Those replacement jeans don't grow on a tree outside TSC, they have to pay for them. In order to offer a warranty they need to also receive one themselves from the manufacturer. If part of TSC getting theirs is you having a receipt, then that's that.

Personally I have a little policy with warranties, if it's not worth hanging onto the receipt, it probably isn't worth trying for a replacement. Especially if I've gotten my dollar out of the item. Additionally, cause no horse gets 1/2 a beating :) , your issues likely aren't covered by a workmanship warranty, they would be if they were bought new with broken loops, but them breaking with use is typically considered wear and tear.

The real noodle scratcher here is "who warranties a pair of pants?" I guess I don't see why a manufacturer would put a warranty on a wearable, ultimately disposable good like pants?

As a retail manager I see this frequently. You ask the question "who hangs onto a receipt for a $20 pair if jeans?" I'll tell you now that people do. As far as wanting management to violate RMA policy, and no matter how you phrase it, that's what it is, is akin to me asking you to knowingly violate a work policy set by your supervisors/corprate officers.

I have a drawer where I keep warranty info: receipts, packaging, etc. About once a year I end up going back to TSC with a "lifetime warranty" water hose that's failed. With all the original paperwork, it's a pretty smooth process.

The question could be asked, who saves all that for a water hose? The guy that's had numerous ones fail and got tired of buying new ones. :lol: I don't expect their lifetime hose to really last longer than another brand, I just expect them to replace it. Keeping everything together makes it easier when that eventually happens. Edited by 56FordGuy

The real noodle scratcher here is "who warranties a pair of pants?" I guess I don't see why a manufacturer would put a warranty on a wearable, ultimately disposable good like pants?

Marketing.  They assume that so few people will try to make them honor the warranty that the small number of claims will be less than the additional sales they'll get from people buying for that reason....  Expect $5000 in annual claims while increasing sales by $50,000 @ 40% margin.  I highly doubt they send the stuff back to the manufacturer, it wouldn't be worth the shipping/handling costs.  They just trash them, eat the cost, and laugh all the way to the bank.   

I have a drawer where I keep warranty info: receipts, packaging, etc. About once a year I end up going back to TSC with a "lifetime warranty" water hose that's failed. With all the original paperwork, it's a pretty smooth process.

The question could be asked, who saves all that for a water hose? The guy that's had numerous ones fail and got tired of buying new ones. :lol: I don't expect their lifetime hose to really last longer than another brand, I just expect them to replace it. Keeping everything together makes it easier when that eventually happens.

I can't think of how many times we did that in the house where I grew up.  We had one spigot that was in line before the house regulator so it got full line pressure (100 psi or so).  We did lots of garden/flowerbed watering and car washing with that hose.  A hose would last maybe 2 years before blowing out.  They'd make you cut off and bring in both ends of the bad hose (they always blew out near one end).  So we'd get a new hose and a repair kit to replace the ends on the old hose. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes it's best to just let it go. This is something I am still working on myself, but I think it'll extend our lives to not get our blood pressure up about small things. :lol:

I feel ya, though.

I agree 100% with the sentiment, but I can't always follow that sage advice.

And BK is the WORST when it comes to Management oversite. They just don't seem to give a dam.   I seldom visit them. There are usually many other options.

Turns out the worm did not get fired, he was moved to a BK that is actually closer to where I live.

That thought crossed my mind when I read you other post that he was fired, though I hoped it was true. This shows how little the management company values customers or in fixing problems caused by their employees.

On the flip side, I had a customer threaten to "come take his frustrations out on me this morning." I am glad that you got that problem fixed. I work retail and we had a washer delivered yesterday that had a burning smell while running. Customer called this morning and we were out of washer, offered to pick one up at another store and deliver tomorrow. Only one delivery truck. Most people this wouldn't be a problem. To make a long story short, he threatened me and then came down and acted an ass for about 30 minutes cussing and acting a fool. I am 6'2" 275lb and I guess he decided when he got here his mouth had outrun his..... He settled for me bringing him a new washer tomorrow, so he could have stayed home. Some people just can't help it. This is why I have so little faith in society as a whole.

JTM

Sounds like some of my experiences while working at Lowe's. It's amazing how up in arms people will get over some things. I used to have people cuss and raise hell because we no longer carried a product they purchased 5+ years ago. One of my favorites was a guy who was purchasing shingles for his house and threw a fit when he found out the prices of them, last time he said he purchased shingles was something like 30 years ago and they were dirt cheap then, wanted to know why they were so much now....... the longer you work retail the more faith in humanity you lose. Glad I am out of it now.

Sounds like some of my experiences while working at Lowe's. It's amazing how up in arms people will get over some things. I used to have people cuss and raise hell because we no longer carried a product they purchased 5+ years ago. One of my favorites was a guy who was purchasing shingles for his house and threw a fit when he found out the prices of them, last time he said he purchased shingles was something like 30 years ago and they were dirt cheap then, wanted to know why they were so much now....... the longer you work retail the more faith in humanity you lose. Glad I am out of it now.

Where did you work at Lowes? Pm me if you don't want to put on.

JTM

I don't think giving information like that is illegal, maybe unethical, but not illegal.  Some companies will throw a dog a bone, even if its non-factual bone, just to sooth the waters, and hopefully the person will just move on.  At the end of the day, the business must make the best business decision for it to run its business.  Even if it means losing a sale on a whopper.

There are no laws on what information an employer can give out (unless there is some Tennessee state law on it). Most big companies will do no more than verify employment, but that’s because it is what their attorneys tell is best to do.

If you were fired for cause they can freely say what that cause was. As long as it’s true they have no problem; if it’s not true or they can’t prove it they could be sued.
  • Like 1