NRA 2015 Annual Meetings and Exhibits, Nashville TN

TGO David

2015 NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending, or might you?

• Yes -- I am definitely attending
    • Maybe -- I am interested but it depends on certain things

Yep. One of the perks of NRA membership. However, if you want to go to any of the events...open your wallet. I thought about the Foundation Dinner and Auction, but I don't think so. Yeah, I'm cheap. So what. Edited by hipower

Just trying to get a leg up here. If you did this, what part of Nashville do you live in? Or really to early to get into details. lol Get a central location for parking and meeting.

Couldn't tell I'm excited about this could you?

Hipower,

I live off of Dickerson Rd. but I live in a gated community here and it is quiet where I live. With my managers permission I could get over a dozen cars in here and really save on parking for everyone. Like I said though as it comes closer if I do get off then I will be going and I will post something on here. I would like a chance to meet some TGOers before I go anyways. Put a face with a name.

Hipower,

I live off of Dickerson Rd. but I live in a gated community here and it is quiet where I live. With my managers permission I could get over a dozen cars in here and really save on parking for everyone. Like I said though as it comes closer if I do get off then I will be going and I will post something on here. I would like a chance to meet some TGOers before I go anyways. Put a face with a name.

We can cover this later, but I'll say that would be great if could be done. Lots of logistical problems to work on. Dates of attendance number going, etc. My vehicle will seat 4. It's a fair amount, but just depends on what plays out.

Anyway thanks for the idea.

I'm pre-registering but I'm a little torn.
This event will bring a helluva lot of money to Nashville and it's the friggin NRA so maybe they shouldve worked it out. However there still won't be any carry in the Music City Center. Maybe I'm being stupid but I think it's bs. I guess I'll have to think about it some more. But on principle Idk if I'll really go.

Meh, maybe I'll just drive to town and break into cars that weekend.

I'm pre-registering but I'm a little torn.
This event will bring a helluva lot of money to Nashville and it's the friggin NRA so maybe they shouldve worked it out. However there still won't be any carry in the Music City Center. Maybe I'm being stupid but I think it's bs. I guess I'll have to think about it some more. But on principle Idk if I'll really go.

Meh, maybe I'll just drive to town and break into cars that weekend.

Ha!  I get it, but I also look at the law of large numbers... and the reality of the lowest common denominator.  At the event, folks will be giddy, school-boyish, and handling/trying out every firearm and piece of gear they can get their hands on.  With 50-70k folks rolling through, the likelyhood of someone boneheading an ND is (unfortunately) decent.  I wish it weren't so....

I absolutely hear where you are coming from.  It's a compromise, and as long as they have a good number of armed security personel, I'll be fine with it.

Edited by Peace

However there still won't be any carry in the Music City Center. Maybe I'm being stupid but I think it's bs. I guess I'll have to think about it some more. But on principle Idk if I'll really go

Did it get posted since last September?  It seems like it would be a lot of doors that would need signs.

If they missed a door I suppose I could walk around until I found that door.

I have read that carry was permitted in Indy last year. Have not read of any discharges. Seems a large crowd can be just fine. That sort of thinking sounds kinda "liberal-ish" and probably the thought of whoever came up with posting the MCC to begin with. If that's the idea well maybe it's best I be safe with my money too and keep the small amount I would spend over here in Wilson county. Obviously it won't be a big loss as I live nearby, I know where to park for free downtown, and I won't be getting a room or anything like that but as the annoying saying goes - it is what it is.

Truthfully yeah it may be best bc if someone did f up it would be plastered all over every media source and would be a major issue. But I guess it'd be ironic and made into a small story if someone was attacked walking unarmed to/from the event also. Edited by JWC
There were no signs posted last March, and a previous thread about the MCC has the last response indicating no signs in September. Have they changed it for sure? If so, then there should be a boycott. I would not have wanted to be unarmed walking back to my car there.
Admittedly, I don't know for sure. I read it on NRA's website though.

Funny how things change after you discuss them and think about them. This morning I've pretty much decided to go just because it sounds fun and I don't want to pass it up.
  • Administrator

FWIW, you're not allowed to carry a weapon at SHOT show either.  It's an issue of safety at the conference and the fact that they know, statistically, some window-licker won't be able to resist the urge to play with, show off or otherwise finger their own carry weapon and when they do the odds increase that they'll accidentally discharge it.

• Like 1

I was going to pre-register, and just realized my membership expired last month. I don't even remember seeing a renewal notice from them.

I plan to try and attend at least one day but will see how things go.

My membership expired last month as well but as of a few minutes ago I'm a lifer....https://www.nra2015.org/

Cough up $500 and you can walk through the door like you own the place.

There were no signs posted last March, and a previous thread about the MCC has the last response indicating no signs in September. Have they changed it for sure? If so, then there should be a boycott. I would not have wanted to be unarmed walking back to my car there.

If they haven't changed it yet, you can bet your bottom dollar that they most likely WILL remedy the situation before the doors open for the NRA convention. Due to the amount of publicity around the annual meeting, I fully expect that they will make sure the place is posted, and I for one don't plan to be the "test case" for carrying past a posting. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they went as far as "wanding" folks simply because it's a bunch of "gun nuts".

And you Nashville locals, don't be surprised if other places around town which are not presently posted, magically become posted (temporarily or otherwise) while the convention is in town. The anti-gun local media will make sure that there's plenty of "what-if" handwringing going on.

Edited by tartanphantom
If they do ban guns, then I wonder if the number of car break ins will spike in the area around the covention. I heard something like that happened at a gun show that had a "public gathering" law in that state (North Carolina?)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...