NRA 2015 Annual Meetings and Exhibits, Nashville TN

TGO David

2015 NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending, or might you?

• Yes -- I am definitely attending
    • Maybe -- I am interested but it depends on certain things

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on going just paid for the cheap ticket, but I did pay none the less.  But have some questions, how long does it take to get out a membership id so I can order the tickets, and what kind of parking at the facility, being new here I know nothing about the location.  I do have a disabled tag so would hope that it would get me closer to the venue, and what do you guys think that the fees for parking would run if I can get in close to the building.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Ron Padilla

Welcome to the state of free parking for disabled drivers. Seriously.

Your plate/placard entitles you to free parking at all parking meters and at all parking facilities owned or operated by any governmental agency. Tennessee Statute, T.C.A. 55-21-105(a) states: "No state agency, county, city, town or other municipality or any agency thereof shall exact any fee for parking on any street or highway or in any metered parking space. The parking privileges granted by this section are limited to any disabled driver or disabled passenger to whom the distinctive license plates or placards were issued." That doesn't apply to private parking structures, but does apply to publically owned land operated by private contractors. That includes the Music City Center. I'm not exactly sure how that works at the MCC. The downtown library garage has parking attendants at the exits. You write down your name, address, and plate/placard # on your parking ticket and they let you out of the garage at no charge. The MCC's garage is fully automated. You go to a kiosk and insert your ticket and pay. Then you insert your ticket into a machine at the exit which knows if you paid or not and lets you out (or doesn't). I don't really know how you'd get your parking validated. You could call the MCC at (615) 401-1300 and ask.

You may be pushing it on the NRA membership. I bought an annual membership for a friend about a month ago and he just got his card. By the time you get yours it may be too late to pre-register. You may have to wait in line at the MCC to get your convention credentials. You could call the NRA and ask if they have assigned you a number yet. Once you have a number you can preregister. You don't need the physical card. NRA Customer Service: (800) 672-3888

I'll be parking at the library. $10 max on Friday. $5 on Saturday and Sunday. It's a nice walk from there to the MCC.

Parking at the MCC is $18 max/day. The lots around it will vary from $5 to $20 in no apparently logical fashion.

Edited by monkeylizard

So, I have never been to one of these; I just joined the NRA today.  Is the free exhibit hall worth a 2.5 hour drive assuming my membership gets processed in time?  I remember an expensive parking garage attached to the Music City Center; anyone know if it ever fills up?  I assume all the cheaper parking gets filled faster, but I would hate to drive up there and not have any place to park.  I got lost driving around there the only time I ever went (I think the GPS made it worse).

For parking, there are two lots right behind the federal court house, they normally jack up the rate from $5/day to $10/day when they have games or concerts.  These lots are just a few hundred feet from the front of the convention center.

Here's a sat picture of the lots(circled in red)

14beecad-cec8-4619-874c-e59c1b18f591_zps

Bottom of page for registration has the following in reference to carrying;

During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local law

• Like 1

Bottom of page for registration has the following in reference to carrying;

During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local law

bottom of this page... lower right corner in a yellow box.

http://www.nraam.org/

Edited by tartanphantom

I pre-registered almost 2 months ago. Still nothing. I don't think it's about turn-around time so much as it's that they'll send them all out when the date gets a little closer. I suspect they'll shut off the pre-reg option soon and then batch them all up into one big mailing process.

Yeah, I'm getting antsy about my badges as well. Surely Monkeylizard is right, but in a day or so I may just have to call and check.

I may have the parking situation worked out.

I'm not going to park. My wife works Near Vanderbilt Hospital, so I think I'm just going to have her drop me off on Friday morning, and I'll just stay all day.

Or till my feet give out.