Bread and milk...

Steelharp

no bread and milk or me.  never understood why you had to have bread and milk when things got bad.  i have lived all over the world and some places the snow got real bad.  have lost power for some time too.  but never saw the need for bread and milk.  

no bread and milk or me.  never understood why you had to have bread and milk when things got bad.  i have lived all over the world and some places the snow got real bad.  have lost power for some time too.  but never saw the need for bread and milk.  

Been thru ice storms, tornados, typhoon, and earthquakes but didn't need milk or bread with any of them.

It is amazing. The missus & I were at Walmart Sunday and already the milk and bread were selling out...

So...Just in case you folks know someone that picked up excess bread and milk...here a kickass Bread Pudding recipe. :pleased:

http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/1914/old-fashioned-bread-pudding-with-vanilla-sauce

Man...I hope they grabbed some raisins too! :cool:

• Like 2

Does anyone actually know why people do panic purchase bread and milk? I picked up a bottle of vodka today just to be on the safe side.

It's gotta be the media. The majority of people reject milk in a biological sense. Some Europeans can still benefit but the majority, nope.

Gotta keep people panicked so they don't think for themselves.
Booze is important !

i am pretty sure the old lady has enough food around here to survive nuclear winter, freezing rain is no concern.

I like having bread and milk around.  But the kids aren't gonna starve from a doubtful lack of it.  There is always a box full of bread and a fresh gallon in the fridge.

• Like 2
Getting bread and milk was code in the day for beer and wiskey. Once married it meant going to make a gun deal.

Now in retirement it means everyone's kids comes to your house when school is out unexpected so you must have extra bread and milk. LOL

Miss the old days sometimes.
  • Like 2