Leonard Nimoy Passes at 83

hipower

Dang my lack of abilities here. I just saw this on my Comcast startup page.

We/I have lost an idol. One of the greatest(arguably for many) actors of tv, screen and stage passed away this afternoon. 

His influence on a probable 4 generations of entertainment junkies is impossible to measure.

You will be missed "Mr. Spock"

Live Long and Prosper in our memories.

• Like 4

Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them.

--SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, "The Ultimate Computer"

Without followers, evil cannot spread.

--SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, "And The Children Shall Lead"

Change is the essential process of all existence.

--SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"

Insufficient facts always invite danger.

--SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, "Space Seed"

I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question.

--SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, "This Side of Paradise"

I realize that command does have its fascination, even under circumstances such as these, but I neither enjoy the idea of command nor am I frightened of it. It simply exists, and I will do whatever logically needs to be done.

--SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, "The Galileo Seven"

Vulcans never bluff.

--SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, "The Doomsday Machine"

It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want.

--SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, "Errand of Mercy"

Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

--SPOCK, Star Trek (2009)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

SPOCK, Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Ten snippets of wisdom from Mr. Spock ...

Ten snippets of wisdom from Mr. Spock ...

There were also many great witticisms traded between Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy.

"You green-blooded, inhuman....."

"Really, Doctor.... you should learn to govern your passions. They will be your undoing."

Of course he will be Spock and always be Spock, and I really appreciate that he was in the two new Star Trek movies, but to me his favorite portraying will probably always be William Bell.

I'm 32, I grew up watching Nick at Nite and I was a Star Trek junkie. But as an adult, I loved him on Fringe. It was weird seeing him in a different role, he was awesome no matter what, but I couldn't think of anyone better for William Bell!

I'm 32, I grew up watching Nick at Nite and I was a Star Trek junkie. But as an adult, I loved him on Fringe. It was weird seeing him in a different role, he was awesome no matter what, but I couldn't think of anyone better for William Bell!

Nimoy did so many roles. All of them well. It's hard for me to distinguish one as The One. But I really like his performance in the remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, he was just so creepy in it.

As Wm. Bell, he set the standard for Fringe. It's a shame he didn't get a bigger part in the series.

As Wm. Bell, he set the standard for Fringe. It's a shame he didn't get a bigger part in the series.

To me, that show wrapped so poorly! I know they didn't have a choice because it was canceled but it just didn't fit. He should have had a bigger role, I agree but for me, John Noble was top notch. It's hard for me now to watch him on Sleepy Hollow because I highly dislike Henry/Jeremy.

I wish they'd stop killing good shows. I know ratings are important but wow, there has been some quality stuff axed. Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies, Fringe.

Do yourself a favor and spend some YouTube time viewing LN's videos. You'll find a episodes form Sea Hunt, The Lieutenant, Star Trek and more. He played some real smart ass jerks early on. As to his politics...well at least he didn't do a Jane Fonda number

• Like 1

To me, that show wrapped so poorly! I know they didn't have a choice because it was canceled but it just didn't fit. He should have had a bigger role, I agree but for me, John Noble was top notch. It's hard for me now to watch him on Sleepy Hollow because I highly dislike Henry/Jeremy.

I wish they'd stop killing good shows. I know ratings are important but wow, there has been some quality stuff axed. Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies, Fringe.

Well, we do seem to agree on many things. Not the least of which was the 5th season of Fringe.

Like so many shows, the writers went for off the wall plots, wrote themselves into a corner and then couldn't figure a way out.

Sleepy Hollow had a lot of promise, but I don't know if it has held up or not. I haven't seen an episode of the current season. lol

Too many things to look after and too little time.

Sleepy Hollow had a lot of promise, but I don't know if it has held up or not. I haven't seen an episode of the current season. lol

We started this season about 1 week ago. We watched the first 3 episodes and walked. But now, being in the boonies and no cable, we broke. We binge watched it and got hooked back into it. I think this season has gone better than the last. So far. The last episode has me wondering.

Really, all I care about is The Blacklist and Hannibal when it FINALLY comes back this summer.

I guess I'm just getting old and have the attention span of a gnat these days. lol

I was really taken with Spader in the first season of Blacklist, but after the first couple of episodes on S2, I sort of wandered out. I'll get back into it eventually.

This season, I'm very pleasantly surprised by SyFy's 12 Monkeys. Lagged a bit at first, but now find myself intrigued with it. My wife even watches it with me.

I was really taken with Spader in the first season of Blacklist, but after the first couple of episodes on S2, I sort of wandered out. I'll get back into it eventually.

This weeks episode was a bit lacking. This season is weird because they are diving deeper and deeper into things. I have so many suspicions and guesses as to who he really is and what he is really up to. SyFy had me, then they canceled Being Human. I vowed to boycott them. But since we are running low on material I might have to change that. We just decided to join the rest of the world and watch The Walking Dead. I don't know how I feel about that. I did however realize that I think I carried this post way off track. SORRY!!!  :puke:

crap,  people die.   I am sorry for his loved one's loss.

My favorite Nimoy work was "In Search Of" .  It was half of what H2 shows now in 144 episodes.  And oddly enough he only got the role because Serling died.

He did a couple episodes of Combat.  I have to search them out to see how the characters compared to Spock.   

• Like 1