I Hate Painting!

My wife and I have been married for over 36 years, and during those years relatively few, (maybe 3?), were as just a couple living by ourselves. My daughter and granddaughter moved out of our house a couple of weeks ago which freed up two of our rooms. They lived with us for over 3 years, and although I love and miss them my wife and I finally have the house to ourselves once again. Unfortunately, my granddaughter's old room was painted pink and hot pink, and since this room will be my home office once again that has to change.

So I'm in the middle of painting my office, but painting is something that I despise doing. It seems that no matter how hard I try to prevent drips and stains from happening I FAIL! Since this room doesn't have a vaulted ceiling like the rest of the house, my wife asked me to put up a chair rail to fancy it up a bit. I did as she asked, and painted it and re-painted the trim first. I then took great care to tape off all of the trim and started on the wall colors, (two colors). Sure as the world the tape came loose and blue paint dripped/ran wherever the tape came loose. ^$)@^*&!!!

I HATE PAINTING!!!

What do you hate to do? Don't say "work" because that's a given. :)

I've always had a special love of painting inside the home.  It was something my Grandfather taught me when I was a boy, and he would come visit during the summer.  The few chances I get to do it take me back to that time. 

What I hate, are household cleaning chores.  Hopefully I'll have enough disposable income to outsource it one day.

I've always had a special love of painting inside the home.  It was something my Grandfather taught me when I was a boy, and he would come visit during the summer.  The few chances I get to do it take me back to that time. 

What I hate, are household cleaning chores.  Hopefully I'll have enough disposable income to outsource it one day.

We need to do labor trade out. :surrender: Because I hate painting

I never liked mowing, hated it early on. Growing up, thought it was mostly because of the repetitive nature of it, such a lot of work for a temporary fix. But then when I started living with wood stoves, I actually enjoyed sawing, splitting, and stacking firewood, so that disproved that theory.

- OS

I never liked mowing

I'm fine with mowing as long as it's somewhere around or below 75°.  With the summers here, I always end up mowing as close to darkness as I can.  Thankfully, my little patch of lawn here is small enough to permit that.  Though, I'd gladly pay some kid $10 to do it for me every week or so.

My wife and I have been married for over 36 years, and during those years relatively few, (maybe 3?), were as just a couple living by ourselves. My daughter and granddaughter moved out of our house a couple of weeks ago which freed up two of our rooms. They lived with us for over 3 years, and although I love and miss them my wife and I finally have the house to ourselves once again. Unfortunately, my granddaughter's old room was painted pink and hot pink, and since this room will be my home office once again that has to change.

So I'm in the middle of painting my office, but painting is something that I despise doing. It seems that no matter how hard I try to prevent drips and stains from happening I FAIL! Since this room doesn't have a vaulted ceiling like the rest of the house, my wife asked me to put up a chair rail to fancy it up a bit. I did as she asked, and painted it and re-painted the trim first. I then took great care to tape off all of the trim and started on the wall colors, (two colors). Sure as the world the tape came loose and blue paint dripped/ran wherever the tape came loose. ^$)@^*&!!!

I HATE PAINTING!!!

What do you hate to do? Don't say "work" because that's a given. :)

I'm in the process of doing my whole house. You know how bad that's gonna suck. I haven't hit any of the high stuff. I hate paint prep. I'm actually pretty good at the painting part. A lot of times I don't even use a drop cloth. I'm dreading the scaffold stuff.

In general I don't like painting only bc it's time consuming and there's so many other things I'd rather do. The painting doesn't actually bother me. That's why I try to save it for days I can't work due to snow or rain days. That said painting ceilings wears me out.

I don't really despise any household chores.  Though there are some that I dislike more than others.  Just like JWC I really don't like painting ceilings.  And I don't really mind painting during the winter when I can't be outside but I'm going to do my best to not be stuck inside painting during the summer.  I love to mow, especially if the lawn mower has cup holders.  Don't like trimming that much though (trimmers don't have cup holders.)  I find flooring and tile work satisfying because I get to see something that I accomplish.  I guess my least favorite would be the dishes but I've been known to do dishes at a friends house when they are stacked up just because I can't stand a sink full of dirty dishes.

I hate painting not because of painting but because of the time I lived in PA. The last year living there I took a two week vacation. The first week was painting the outside of the house. I was on a ladder and I fell 15' good thing I had the ground to break my fall or I would have got hurt. Anyway on Friday I finished the house. Now it's time for fishing. It rained from Saturday through the entire next week. I should have gone fishing instead of painting. Then used the line I can't paint the house because it is raining. Ever since then I hate painting and standing on ladders. Edited by Joe357