RIP BB King

Over the last few years, my musical tastes have completely moved over to Blues. BB King is a legend. He has been an influence on so many artists over the DECADES that he has been a musician. He really helped to form the genre. Artists come and go, and most will be forgotten, but centuries from now, people will still know the name BB King.

Rest in peace.

• Like 2
I was lucky enough to see him once at a small venue in San Diego. It was by far the best show I've ever witnessed. The acoustics were great and he had a large band on stage that he seemed to control by thought. Truly impressive!
RIP!
BB King was one of the greatest musical influences in my life. I've listened to him literally since conception. My dad is a huge blues fan and I still have all the old vinyl albums with lots of BB in it. I've listened to many styles of music, but BB and Blues were always there for me. We have truly lost a legend that can never be replaced. It is a very sad day.
R.I.P. BB King.

...Artists come and go, and most will be forgotten, but centuries from now, people will still know the name BB King.

truer words have not been spoken about this man

Got to see him many moons ago back when Starwood Amphitheater was a thing...greatest concert I've ever seen. Crossed that one off my bucket list.

Loved his music so much I named my dog Lucille after his guitar.

We may feel this loss today, but his legacy will never end.

BB King was one of the greatest musical influences in my life. I've listened to him literally since conception. My dad is a huge blues fan and I still have all the old vinyl albums with lots of BB in it. I've listened to many styles of music, but BB and Blues were always there for me. We have truly lost a legend that can never be replaced. It is a very sad day.
R.I.P. BB King.

Calm down Nancy, I'll stop and get a bottle of bourbon for you on the way home from work. You can turn all the lights off in the living room. We'll light a candle and you can have a vinylpalooza. I'll just be out on the pool. :-D
  • Like 3

Calm down Nancy, I'll stop and get a bottle of bourbon for you on the way home from work. You can turn all the lights off in the living room. We'll light a candle and you can have a vinylpalooza. I'll just be out on the pool. :-D

Now that's just not cool, monkeyman. Giving the woman who has supported your gun fetish all these years a bit of grief ove her fondness of BB.

I mean, really...after she bought you all those nice toys recently. You should be ashamed.

At least sit beside her during the wake. lol
  • Like 2

My vinyl is locked in purgatory, er my parents basement, so I have to make due with you tube tonight. Aside from that though I think a candle and some bourbon are certainly in order for the evening.

Yeah. The thrill is gone and Lucille's an orphan. But Mrs. M cut's to the end of the line and goes to the pool instead. That's what's known as having your priorities well grounded.  :D