45 GAP?...

CommsNBombs

A few weeks ago I started a thread on the 357 SIG. My trade fell apart and I got a Glock 20 Gen 4 from WarPig instead (who is a great guy)...anyway, the ammo is almost more expensive than 10mm - it is bottle-necked so that was going to kill me. And I can't load it on my new Dillon Square Deal. Plus - it is a SIG...and I HATE Sigs. (I Blame 7th Group for making me carry a M11).

Anyway - I was on Glock's website looking at the 40MOS but I noticed 45 GAP. Not a whole lot of videos or reviews on it. The little I was able to find pretty much equated to: 45 Short. Not exactly going to cure cancer - BUT it is straight walled.

Anyone ever owned a Glock 37, 38, or 39? Or anything else (???) in 45 GAP. I've actually found 45 GAP ammo at Walmart and Academy on the SUPER CHEAP lol.

Plus - I need an excuse to get more Glocks. I was going for a 34 or 17L but the top cutout is UGLY. And this will be cheaper than a Glock 40-MOS.

So, any feedback on this Glock Unicorn?

The Georgia state police, Florida Highway Patrol , South Carolina Highway Patrol,  and New York state police all use 45GAP....so I doubt that it will be going away any time soon...... 

Back during the ammo drought you could always find .45GAP available......probably because so few civilians actually use it so no one was hording it. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke

It's a round made to mimic .45acp ballistics yet fit in a Glock small frame (17/19/26). Glock and XD is the only guns I know of made for it. It's an answer looking for a question

No, it is an answer for folks (departments, govt agencies, etc) who are tasked with finding a gun that is .45 diameter and still has a small enough grip so that smaller stature shooters with tiny hands (read that as mostly females) will still be able to grip and shoot the gun relatively well.

Plus the same magazine pouches that your old G22 or G17 used will be usable with the new G37 mags and you can see how a police dept or state police might look at this as a good idea....for the typical civilian....none of that same argument really applies. I know A LOT of serious gun carriers (and even more intermittent hobby gun carriers) and I do not know a single one who carries a .45GAP. I'm not saying it is a horrible thing (in fact it might be a bit of a "gamer gun" for IDPA in CDP or GSSF in the Heavy Metal division  if you don't have hands big enough for a G41) but I am saying that MOST people who really want a .45 will go with ACP due to availability and not having to deal with an "odd ball" cartridge. 

The Georgia state police, Florida Highway Patrol , South Carolina Highway Patrol, and New York state police all use 45GAP....so I doubt that it will be going away any time soon......

Actually, Georgia State Police dropped theirs for Glock 17's.

I'm confused by your post. You say you traded for a G20 and that the ammo is almost more expensive than 10mm...

The glock 20 is the full size 10mm not a .357 sig or .45 GAP.

What gun did you actually get?

I got the 20 already.

357 SIG fell through.

Im interested in 45 gap because of materials/ease
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...