Recommend a good place for BBQ and a place for burgers in Nashville

jgradyc

I took a visiting friend out for barbeque a while back and was really disappointed. What are your favorite BBQ and hamburger places in and around Nashville/Franklin?

EDITED:  The place we were disappointed with was Edley's Barbecue on 12th Ave South. The pulled pork was way too dry and the ribs were overcooked. 

Edited by jgradyc

Peg Leg Porker BBQ in Nashville is really good imo...hard to find parking most of the time because its a popular place for the locals.

The best place for burgers in Nashville is The Pharmacy.

My favorite place for burgers in Franklin is The Bunganut Pig. Burgers are REALLY good.

Cant go wrong with any one of the ones I mentioned.

My favorite place for burgers in Franklin is The Bunganut Pig. Burgers are REALLY good.

Goes to show Burgers are subjective.  I am not a big fan of Buganut's burgers.   

I like Drake's burgers and believe it or not, one of the best and most consistent burgers I have had is at Famous Daves.  They have one where they mix burger and brisket together before grilling.  It is excellent.

• Like 1

Goes to show Burgers are subjective.  I am not a big fan of Buganut's burgers.   

I like Drake's burgers and believe it or not, one of the best and most consistent burgers I have had is at Famous Daves.  They have one where they mix burger and brisket together before grilling.  It is excellent.

I get that whatever the giant meat sandwich at Famous Daves is...can't remember what its called but its got brisket, texas sausage, and pork on it and it is VERY good.

I took a visiting friend out for barbeque a while back and was really disappointed. What are your favorite BBQ and hamburger places in and around Nashville/Franklin?

EDITED:  The place we were disappointed with was Edley's Barbecue on 12th Ave South. The pulled pork was way too dry and the ribs were overcooked. 

Don't forget the grilled cheeseburger or cheeseburger on french bread at Rotiers.

Also, long time favorite (been going there since mid/late 70's) is standard Cheeseburger with everything at Browns Diner.  They've been using same griddle the whole time.

• Like 1

Don't forget the grilled cheeseburger or cheeseburger on french bread at Rotiers.

Also, long time favorite (been going there since mid/late 70's) is standard Cheeseburger with everything at Browns Diner.  They've been using same griddle the whole time.

I always forget about Rotiers...thats actually a pretty cool place to go to. Hasn't really changed since it was created and the burger is way different from any other burger you'll probably ever have. I've only been one time but I remember it.

+1 to Edley's being not so good.

I like Peg Leg Porker and Hog Heaven. Slow N Low is also delicious.

My favorite burger place is Gabby's. I like the burgers at M.L. Rose, but  they're posted, as is the Pharmacy which also makes a good burger.

Yep on Gabby's. Gotta try the sweet potato fries too.

Jacks is good BBQ and I also like Martin's.

Peg Leg Porker BBQ in Nashville is really good imo...hard to find parking most of the time because its a popular place for the locals.

The best place for burgers in Nashville is The Pharmacy.

Cant go wrong with any one of the ones I mentioned.

Yes, you can go wrong if you have enough fortitude not to sell out for a burger as The Pharmacy is posted.

Edited by 10-Ring

I can't believe Martins wasn't posted before 12 :D, its a really great place.  A little pricier than some others and not roadside dive priced, but its worth it IMO.  

I aslo like Burger Republic, they have two locations one in the Gulch and one in Lenox, both are equally good.  I do like Burger Up its a little "fancier" but they have a good fresh made burger and sides.  

I can't believe Martins wasn't posted before 12 :D, its a really great place. A little pricier than some others and not roadside dive priced, but its worth it IMO.

I aslo like Burger Republic, they have two locations one in the Gulch and one in Lenox, both are equally good. I do like Burger Up its a little "fancier" but they have a good fresh made burger and sides.

We've got a Martin's down the road in Nolensville that we go to fairly often. Gotta go with the redneck taco on your first trip.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
I'm gonna be a 3rd for Burger Republic. We also go there when we come back to Nashville. Buy the Farm burger is out of this world and their Mac n Cheese is probably my favorite. They have excellent nachos too, just always ask for extra jalapeños.

I used to love Martins when they first started but it's kinda like Yazoo, they bigger they got, the more it seemed it changed. But I'm not a big BBQ person so I'm also a bit biased. Sushi Me is excellent though! ;-) just sit and the bar for the best service. Jin, the owner is awesome.
  • Like 1

Bah!!! You can get burgers and BBQ anywhere. Take them out for some Hot Chicken! Big Shakes in Franklin is good

If you gotta have a burger Drakes is pretty darn good.

I should probably give Jack's another try. The one time I ate there it was terrible.

Mark

• Like 1

IMO there's too many good BBQ joints to choose from. You just gotta do a tour, LOL.

For my money, the burgers at the Sportsman's Grille in Cool Springs is hard to beat.

I think Sportmans has a good well rounded menu. They often get overlooked. They have a midtown location too.
  • Like 2

I'm gonna be a 3rd for Burger Republic. We also go there when we come back to Nashville. Buy the Farm burger is out of this world and their Mac n Cheese is probably my favorite. 

My exact order every time I go. Hard to mess with Burger Republic, great beer selection too.

• Like 1