ObamaCare Rate Increase

NextExit

Anyone else get a notice about their premiums going up?  I did.  Going up 37% starting Jan '16. :rant: :mad:

It says I should go to HealthCare(dot)gov and compare plans to find something cheaper.  Problem is, their website is down..... typical government :poop:

Gaaaah, will you people stop lying? The gubmint done told me it was gonna be cheaper, so I know this a load o' bull. Sheesh.

:rofl:

• Like 2

Not surprising as the dems wanted you to pay taxes on things you owned. They would assess your house and determine it would rent for X amount then X becomes income because you are not renting. Not to far of a stretch either as Europe has been doing it for a very long time. The week leading up to the assessments in Germany you could find all kinds of furniture and other stuff sitting on the curb to be tossed out.

From the IRS website:

The Affordable Care Act requires employers to report the cost of coverage under an employer-sponsored group health plan. Reporting the cost of health care coverage on the Form W-2 does not mean that the coverage is taxable. The value of the employer’s excludable contribution to health coverage continues to be excludable from an employee's income, and it is not taxable. This reporting is for informational purposes only and will provide employees useful and comparable consumer information on the cost of their health care coverage.

... and we are expected to think there's not a "plan".  Make employers document it... add up the $$$... then tax it! 

Oh, I forget it's only to "provide employees useful and comparable consumer information on the cost of their health care coverage".  How can I be so suspicious??

... and we are expected to think there's not a "plan".  Make employers document it... add up the $$$... then tax it! 

Oh, I forget it's only to "provide employees useful and comparable consumer information on the cost of their health care coverage".  How can I be so suspicious??

I get that it's possible, and would be a logical step...but I think rather they will use/manipulate the data to make HMOs seem like the bad guy through a PR campaign, then the "answer" is a single payer system like the UK's National Health Service.  First they would need to discredit the HMOs and break their hold on congress though, hence the need to collect data.

My wife was trying to find new coverage today since BCBS of Tennessee let us know that they were dropping our plan.

She was not at all amused. If you see her on the news tonight, you'll know why.

Think or hope I'm misreading this; did she actually work for bcbs?

Those of you who voted for free crap are getting what you deserve. Those of you who didn't....welcome to the reality created by those who did.

Dead on. I posted a long time ago, if you want to see what free government health care is like, visit the VA hospital. You had to know this

was a temporary come on price, just like satelite, cable, phone, etc. Initially cheap, until the real price kicks in.

As you said, welcome to reality.

• Admin Team

Think or hope I'm misreading this; did she actually work for bcbs?

No, we just had a policy through them for our family's coverage. Paid roughly $500/month for good coverage, albeit with an $11000 family deductible.

As a small business owner for the last 10 years, we've definitely become informed consumers of healthcare. I think what really makes my wife mad is that we've really been careful consumers of healthcare. And now, as usual we're being punished for making careful choices as we float this doomed experiment.

I could have the healthcare system fixed by breakfast tomorrow morning and still get a good night's sleep tonight. Problem is the system is rigged. We the people are going to lose.
  • Like 3

All this talk about rate increases got me looking into new plans incase mine does go up..... It's scary how much more money I would have to spend to get less coverage than my family has now. It's really scary how expensive it could get. I hope that our next president actually does something to correct what BHO started.... That's also hoping a conservative wins the election. 

• Administrator

Our forefathers faced similar oppressive taxation, albeit not in the form of "healthcare reform".   They did something about it too.

I wonder when the American taxpayers will finally hit the limit of what they are willing to put up with?

• Like 9

Not sure on Gordon's insurance experience (think most of his was covered via employer due to OTJ injury), but outside of him I would say I'm the resident expert on medical billing around here from the patient side of things (pushing upwards of $850,000 worth of procedures now since 2011)

Before this stuff kicked off, I had multiple $30k+ cardiac surgeries (EP studies/ablations) done at Vandy. Total out of pocket cost which included the surgeon, the surgery room and a one night stay at the hilton hospital and all the meds/supplies, was $375 each visit. Last year they implanted a small loop recorder right under the skin in my chest, about the size of a triple A battery and they didn't even knock me out for it. Just pulled me into a regular patient room, shot me up with some of that twilight med that only worked for about 20 minutes, popped it in and I was out of there in 60 minutes. A month later I get a bill for nearly $2,000. Thinking it was a mistake I had them audit it, nope it was no mistake. Obamacared so much about me that the changes required me to pay 50% of the cost of that implant device. That is more than my total hip replacement, two cardiac surgeries, removal of two plates in my forearm, one plate in my wrist, and the removal of a rod from my femur, replacing that with a plate, a bone graft and replacing the hinge in my hip (few years before the total replacement) COMBINED.

Now I'm getting close to the point where the doc is considering doing the knee replacement and it's the first time I've contemplated getting something done until it's absolutely necessary. Can't wait to see what kind of hurt that is going to put on me.

You just showed how the system will "work" due to self rationing
  • Like 1

Our forefathers faced similar oppressive taxation, albeit not in the form of "healthcare reform".   They did something about it too.

I wonder when the American taxpayers will finally hit the limit of what they are willing to put up with?

When people start loosing their family members because of some bureaucrat they will start to wake up.

And for now it is just fines. But maybe it will go from a civil penalty to a criminal penalty, especially now with such a shortfall. Maybe if that happens it will  wake everyone up to what is going on.

And when they can't take anything else they will take your freedom.

BCBS was granted a 36% rate increase in Tennessee because the law is not working.  They underestimated the cost of premiums needed to cover the cost of actual payout on thier side because the majority of new sign ups in the exchange were older folk that used the insurance and the yunguns are not signing up like the ACA was counting on to basically subsidize 

the rates for us older farts.  I have insurance through my job that I pay half of the cost and I can add my wife although it would be full price, a $110 dollars a week. What I can afford for her through the exchange does not cover squat. $5200 0ut of pocket before they pay anything except the wellness freebies mandated. Thank you to Obama and the the democrat congress that passed this burden on the working class on Christmas Eve 2009.

This would have had a better chance of not existing if people would've got over their "Romney isn't conservative enough" flu.  Not conservative enough is much better than what is happening now.

People better get off their asses this time and go vote and it doesn't matter who is on the ticket.

• Like 3

This would have had a better chance of not existing if people would've got over their "Romney isn't conservative enough" flu.  Not conservative enough is much better than what is happening now.

People better get off their asses this time and go vote and it doesn't matter who is on the ticket.

I hope I am wrong but what is going to happen is we are all going to stand by our convictions and disqualify every candidate until we are only left with one choice. And because that is not the one that is nominated we will just stay home that way we can say we can't be blamed for Hillary. Heard that one, right after Obama won a guy said we can't blame him for it because he didn't vote.

But I will be different. I will vote for anyone EXCEPT Christie. If the Republican party's best is Christie I am at a loss for what to say.

We are being attacked on all fronts right now because we could not come together to elect ANYONE other than Obama. We let him get elected not once, but twice and I bet if he could run again he would win again.

My only hope that we can get behind the person who is opposing Hillary and even if it is Christie I will vote for him to keep Hillary out. Hillary has said gun owners are terrorists so imagine how her terms will be for us and especially those of us who are vets. And if you are not a minority there is another check mark next to your name on the list.

• Like 3

My only hope that we can get behind the person who is opposing Hillary....

It's over if somehow Trump survives as the candidate. But I've picked Rubio from early on as eventually getting the nod, hope I'm right.

Only he and Carter are polling close to Hillary head to head --  I believe Ben will be eventually be revealed as Chauncey Gardner.

MV5BMTI1MjI4OTA3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjUw

- OS

• Like 1

Obamacare was supposed to make healthcare affordable for everyone. It was suppose to practically eliminate ER visits by the poor. Well, it ain't working!! I was at a local ER with a friend a few weeks ago and it was packed like it was before Obamacare.

Edited by Randall53

My plan is also being dropped by BCBS I am paying $305 a month now. Cheapest plan I can find with BCBS is $518.00 :mad: Almost 70% increase. I am still looking. I go to DR twice a year. No Meds. Three years till medicare.

Obama care is such a cluster f...k, useless, not well thought thru and not even modeled after anything that is in place anywhere in the world...It punishes people who cant afford healthcare in the first place.yes.. lets  take money from people who cant afford it in the first place ..I wont get it.. ever.. they can suck it!!  :)

Last time I checked this isnt a communist  country..

• Like 1

I voted last time and I will vote this time for who ever GOP picks but I just hope it is someone that can go toe to toe with the Hildebeast in the debates. In all Honesty I think about 80% of the people that vote make up their minds just from the debates and not the campaigns themselves...................jmho

My wife has pretty good insurance. No caps, low co-pays, 80% coverage with standard rate co-pays for emergency room visits and office visits. It is very good insurance on paper (we have not used it yet). The only problem is they will only write the policy for a set amount of time. The longest is 6 months before you need to renew again. So it is possible you could be dropped if you have a long term illness or injury but if that happens we will just get enrolled in Obamacare until everything is back to normal.

Right now we are waiting for their new ACA policies to be approved. They will be a little more expensive but they will also let you keep the coverage as long as you are paying the premiums.

The best part is her coverage only costs us $87 a month and you do not have to go through an exam, answer any questions or anything other than sign and pay.

The only problem is it is not ACA approved. Because of that some might have to pay the fine but my wife is exempt.

My wife has pretty good insurance. No caps, low co-pays, 80% coverage with standard rate co-pays for emergency room visits and office visits. It is very good insurance on paper (we have not used it yet). The only problem is they will only write the policy for a set amount of time. The longest is 6 months before you need to renew again. So it is possible you could be dropped if you have a long term illness or injury but if that happens we will just get enrolled in Obamacare until everything is back to normal.

Right now we are waiting for their new ACA policies to be approved. They will be a little more expensive but they will also let you keep the coverage as long as you are paying the premiums.

The best part is her coverage only costs us $87 a month and you do not have to go through an exam, answer any questions or anything other than sign and pay.

The only problem is it is not ACA approved. Because of that some might have to pay the fine but my wife is exempt.

Not sure how her policy reads but I had a policy similar to that when my son has his accident and It was a BCBS policy through where I worked and in my hand book from the company on page 63 I think it stated that "NO" insurance company in Tennessee can drop any patient during a benefit period which means as long as she would be under a doctors care. Once BCBS learned that my son was going to be a long term patient they tried to to discontinue his coverage but my attorney stopped them from doing so pretty quick so they did cover him for the full amount of 3 million dollars which was the limit................. :up: 

You do realize that while governor of Massachusetts, he enacted "Romney Care", which was the model for what you are enjoying now on a national scale, right?

So, no. Not conservative enough would be the equivalent of what we have now, with the added benefit of Dems blaming Republicans for screwing things up.

What we ALL need to do is stop voting for who the Democrat controlled media tells us can win the general election and start voting our conscience.

As long as you let the Dems pick your primary candidate, you'll have hell beating them next November.