So long to another great one.....Glenn Frey R.I.P

gregintenn

Damn. I hate that. What an incredible impact the Eagles had on my generations music.

I was fortunate enough to see them before Joe Walsh ('75 in San Fransisco) and then to see the Hotel California tour over in London.

I'm with you Fourtyfive and getting kinda anxious about it... :dropjaw:

• Like 2

Many people don't realize how much time they wasted!  The Eagles disbanded in July 1980 but reunited in 1994.  That's 14 years they did not sing think of all the music they could have wrote. I have heard from a good source that Don Henley was the one who caused the break up. But they still wrote many great songs. The Everly Brothers did the same thing, broke up for many years then came back....I was there the night they ( Everly Brother's) came back it was in Myrtle Beach, FL

• Like 2

I saw the Eagles in, 76, 77, 78,  95(?)  Frey and Walsh in 97 and the Eagles when they played at UT 5 years ago or so.

My all time favorite band.  

NO replacing them.

We played Eagles at work tonight for about 5 hours, listening to On the Border now.

It makes me sad.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 3
I am bummed. The day I left for marine corps boot camp, "somebody's gonna hurt someone blared on the radio in the recruiters van,as we departed to fly to Parris island SC. For boot camp. The day I got out, "already gone" was blaring on my radio as I rolled out of the main gate at camp Lejeune for the very last time. Seems like the Eagles always popped in and out of my life w the darnedest timing. RIP Glenn Frye, thanks for making my life better,through your gift Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 3